ADVERTISEMENT

So who will we (MBB) meet in the NIT?

tweeterhawk

HR All-State
Gold Member
Mar 22, 2010
Figure this will be the last we see of this team until next week.

I’ve been thinking they could make a deep run in the NIT but now I have my doubts. No physicality, no toughness, no defense.

Who cares? Hard team to watch.
Yep, on defense Fran's teams double the ballhandler too early which leaves easy passes to wide open shooters. Many times the double is not needed because our defender isnt beat yet. They have been doing this for years.

It one of the things that makes it hard to watch. But I would love them to have a big offensive comeback in this game

nobody cares bfd GIF

Great thread. Lots of Who Gives a Shit
That said when does Fran have to go? What’s the view on this

Looks like Ohio U. They have a decent G in Geno Ford. The Hawks will struggle mightily with the Shaq of the MAC Gary Trent.

Better yet, decline the NIT.
Yeah, that's what the coaches should do. Then tell the players to f themselves for poor play all year and reject the NIT.
That'll keep them kids from jumping in the portal to get to a better team.

Last edited:
If it’s someone within 600 miles of Iowa city, their fans will outnumber ours.
Makes sense, since I doubt Iowa gets a home game.
Not sure but they are going to have to play in Moline because the girls will be playing their first and second round games in Iowa City.
Wouldn't cedar rapids be closer?
They already have played a NIT gane in Moline in the past. It was a sellout I believe.
NIT doesn't allow this anymore. All games are in home arenas.

Unless Caitlin says "Sure, you can jam up CHA with your lousy basketball, media, etc. early in the week; doesn't interfere with my prep," then Iowa will be on the road next week.
I assume this is a joke...
If we have any gamblers on HORT, bet the house on our opponent. I cannot imagine how uninspired we'll play in that game.
The fan base is probably rather uninspired at this point, but I don't think the team would be. Don't get me wrong, though; they'll probably still look pretty crappy.

Reactions: BioHawk
Probably, but you really think anyone from Iowa is going to skip Caitlin Clark playing to go to Ceder Rapids? Of course I suppose that's true for Moline too. Screw it, have them play someone in Idaho and send them to Boise or something.
They need to schedule the NIT game on the same day as the women. They can be the warmup act. 2 for the price on 1

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT