Bench

PG: Christian Williams (SR)

SG: Joe Wieskamp (FR)

SG: Brady Ellingson (SR)

SF: Nicholas Baer (SR)

SF: Ahmad Wagner (SR)

PF: Cordell Pemsl (JR)

PF: Jack Nunge (SO)

Pretty solid looking squad if everything pans out recruiting wise.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Good Topic. I'll bite.

I will venture to say yes.

However, I do not believe CMac will be a starter at the 3 position. I would say best guess right now, is it's Baer. Connor is a combo guard and could play the SF in a pinch but the 3 is not where I think he will get most of his minutes. But it s just my opinion.

I also think Joe W. Is going to play SF, but could play SG and some PF as well. I guess the bottom line is it is a deep, talented, versatile roster with many experienced players who will be battle tested. They will have a good core of senior leadership despite them maybe not starting and getting a majority of the minutes.

I also like that there will be three potential players who can run the point. I would not underestimate the value in this as injuries can pop up at any time to this essential position.

It should be a great year of Hawkeye Basketball. Unfortunately, it also means I am two years older :(;)

Doesn't even factor in the possible contributions from a developing Maishe Dailey or Ryan Kriener. If Fran can continue the upward recruiting momentum even marginally, we're set for years to come.

Looks like a good roster, but I'm still hoping for a solid "penetrator" for a guard. Someone who can attack the lane and make the defense collapse on them.

Overall that roster looks pretty solid, but still need some "athletic" wings/guards to complement the BIGS!

Looks like a good roster, but I'm still hoping for a solid "penetrator" for a guard. Someone who can attack the lane and make the defense collapse on them.

Overall that roster looks pretty solid, but still need some "athletic" wings/guards to complement the BIGS!

I agree. I'd rather see Bohannon at SG to free him up. I like his ability to bring the ball up the floor and he's doing a great job of distributing the ball, but I would rather see a quick, slashing guard at PG. Wouldn't we all?

Sure. As long as you recognize that what it's based on is long on speculation and short on solid data.

I'd be quite happy if whatever group of players Fran has that season get to the sweet 16. Or better.
Looking that far out it's a hope and wish at this point. Nothing more.

Wanted to state this in my post as well but frown on makng posts too long with too many points. Completely agree though. Would love a Juco PG to be brought in if there is an additional transfer.

Good Topic. I'll bite.

However, I do not believe CMac will be a starter at the 3 position. I would say best guess right now, is it's Baer. Connor is a combo guard and could play the SF in a pinch but the 3 is not where I think he will get most of his minutes. But it s just my opinion.

I also think Joe W. Is going to play SF, but could play SG and some PF as well. I guess the bottom line is it is a deep, talented, versatile roster with many experienced players who will be battle tested. They will have a good core of senior leadership despite them maybe not starting and getting a majority of the minutes.

I also like that there will be three potential players who can run the point. I would not underestimate the value in this as injuries can pop up at any time to this essential position.

It should be a great year of Hawkeye Basketball. Unfortunately, it also means I am two years older :(;)
That just solidifies my AARP membership

Reactions: Jonnymungo
I hope 18-19 is a great season for Iowa basketball. There is quite a bit of talent on this team, understanding everyone stays. The one change I would make is that CW is the starting 3 and Connor is the backup pg.

Reactions: unIowa
Good Topic. I'll bite.

Joe Wieskamp will play exactly 0 minutes at PF.

Reactions: unIowa
Joe Wieskamp will play exactly 0 minutes at PF.
You are probably right, but he is only 16 and there is a possbility he grows an inch or two. The roster will be deep with plenty of capable PFs. However, I said in a pinch, meaning he could play it if necessary if he had to in a certain situation and not for a long period of time. Just trying to point out his versatility. I would say most know he is a SG or SF.

Reactions: RSCookie222
PG : Connor McCaffery
SG : Jordan Bohannon
SF : Joe Weiskamp
PF : Tyler Cook
C : Luka Garza

It is going to be tough not to put Baer, Moss, or Pemsl not in the starting 5, but this is going to be one heck of a line up.

No mention of Kriener? I would not be shocked if Kriener is a starter in 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT