ADVERTISEMENT

Soldier Salute Session #4

And what a horrible look for Spencer…. God forbid a fellow stud teammate doesn’t want to forfeit a match. Clown shit…. Grow up.. Be a leader and mentor.
You got on this board for being "soft" because they ripped a fan that called our own wrestler a turd, but then Lee says "he wanted it" about Drake and it's clown shit behavior from Lee. Shit gets chippy between teammates. It's sports. They'll survive and just because Spencer kicked his ass doesn't mean we need to coddle Drake.

Lee afterwards….
Russell Crowe Gladiator GIF by MOODMAN

Horrible look for showing some attitude?
I think we can all agree that we wish he'd wrestle with some more aggression and more attitude from time to time.

This reminds me of when he stacked up Tomasello and never looked back.

Sure does suck for Ayala, but a little embarrassment can be a huge motivator.
Within the program?? Absolutely.

He can give him a “lesson” anytime he wants to…. Why showboat and be all red assed over your future stud teammate not wanting to forfeit? Good grief. This should be a cocked decision 10/10 times.

What good came of this match? Please tell me.

Again…maybe if I type slower this time it will help:

What
Does
That
To do
With
The
One
I
Replied
To?

Like, I think, many of you, I expected Ayala to lose but maybe push Lee a bit more than anyone else.

It makes me wonder if Spencer was using some of his other matches as workouts. Ayala is the best he’s faced.

If this was supposed to be an MFF or a double MFF and Ayala instead wanted to go, then Spencer was fine, in the heat of the moment, to say something after a dominant early pin. This isn’t basket weaving.

I think Spencer just told everyone else that didn’t move up to 133 to go ahead and do so. (Of course, RBY will be ready for them.)

You got on this board for being "soft" because they ripped a fan that called our own wrestler a turd, but then Lee says "he wanted it" about Drake and it's clown shit behavior from Lee. Shit gets chippy between teammates. It's sports. They'll survive and just because Spencer kicked his ass doesn't mean we need to coddle Drake.
Would just expect a 6th year senior to be a bit more respectful of a teammate who’s set to take over where you left off…. Can’t believe this opinion is lost on many of you.

spencer always had an edge to him on the mat guys. not the first time he's stood over someone after rag-dolling them while wearing the iowa singlet.

tom put it best: "he's a really nice kid, but he's a mean little bastard on the mat" or something like that
He is a mean bastard on the mat. Scary!!
Especially when he's pissed! Lol

Would just expect a 6th year senior to be a bit more respectful of a teammate who’s set to take over where you left off…. Can’t believe this opinion is lost on many of you.
I agree to an extent. Would've liked a little more grace from Spencer after that match, but hey, it's a tough sport for tough people. I'm sure Drake isn't going to cry himself to sleep tonight

S
Lee is like the Tom Brady of college wrestling though. I'm sure he has A LOT of say in what he does.
Lee pissed off is a nightmare for anyone at 125. He's a nightmare when he's not pissed off. Lol
That was brutal though.
I do agree though Gobblin, one would think Tom would have the wisdom to know how to handle this.
Maybe Ayala deserved it, no one knows what happened leading up to this.
So, who decided it wasn’t handled correctly?

Reactions: Spens
Come on Gobblon you know how competitive teammates are, especially in the room. There aren’t many people more competitive than Spencer.

THE

MATCH

DIDN’T

HAVE

TO

HAPPEN.

COACHES

HAVE

JOBS.

THIS

WAS

HANDLED

POORLY

BY

OUR

COACHES.

Finally. I don’t know why that was so hard.

You have two healthy guys who both needed a test. Especially Spencer with his gas tank issues. I didn’t like Spencer’s reaction either but talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT