ADVERTISEMENT

Some cold, hard truths about the state of the State of Iowa . . .

I can just see the movie scene now.

Cue the dramatic background music.

Husband and wife agonizing at the kitchen table over water quality. They look at their son and say, "You deserve better little buckaroo! We're moving to Michigan son, home to a state with one of the worst drinking water cases in recent memory!"
I live on an acreage on a lake and have a private well with excellent water quality. As a bonus, the lake has excellent fishing and exceptional water quality - unlike Lake MacBride which looks like split pea soup by mid June every year due to all the farm chemical run off.

No he wouldn’t . A lot of us are tired of Big Ag destroying the state for anyone not farming. I love Iowa, but we are getting older as a state, less wise, more indoctrinated by some pretty far right bullshit, I would hate the far left bullshit even more though. Just because you don’t like a side, doesn’t mean you can’t see through the political slant to the truth? Right?
Well Clarinda, if you hate the far left bullshit more than the far right bullshit, that pretty much makes you far right. Ain't no middle ground in Iowa. Maybe Kimi will give you a smooch. Put a smile on your face I bet

Reactions: littlez
Slightly unrelated but I was in a chat group today with some other women talking about random stuff. They were talking about different entertainers and somehow started talking about Pink. One of the ladies confidently stated that Pink was a man. She was a part of the (???) pushing the trans narrative and was one of many people in the entertainment industry posing as women who were actually men. When people pointed out that Pink has given birth she said that these "women" used surrogates to be more convincing. Brooke Shields is also a man apparently. She didn't enlighten us who the other trans women were. But she did let us know she is from small town western Iowa. I used to think that Iowans were pretty smart and level headed. I guess this is what happens when brain drain starts to take hold.

I would like for you to call me a pussy to my face. I guarantee little flick is planning a funeral afterwards.
Sexo Face Sitting GIF

Hey pussy! Right to your face.

Well Clarinda, if you hate the far left bullshit more than the far right bullshit, that pretty much makes you far right. Ain't no middle ground in Iowa. Maybe Kimi will give you a smooch. Put a smile on your face I bet
If in was an old guy maybe. There is middle ground here though, need more of us in it

Fun thread but just so I have all the characters straight who is Little Flick?

That has me perplexed.

Iowa not a perfect place no where is. This article was far left bullshit and the fudge packer torbee posted because Iowa is controlled by Republicans. Torbee is too big of a pussy to move anywhere else. Then he wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.
No, it's the truth

Maybe you should move your fudge packing ass to Minnesota. Then little flick and yourself can jerk off to the George Floyd memorial. But if you moved up there you would find something else to bitch about because you’re a whiny pussy. You better stay out of the Guttenberg and Dyersville area with your attitude or you’ll get your teeth kicked down your throat.
Here you have a prime example of why it won't get turned around. And, the more things head to the sh*tter, the more people will look to MAGA conspiracies and religion thereby making things worse.

@torbee this article by Art should have a link at the end to Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything as recommended reading. I tried really hard to get @Herkmeister to read it so that he, a well-liked HROT conservative, would let other folks know its value as a read for anyone anywhere on the political spectrum.

Reactions: torbee
I can just see the movie scene now.

Cue the dramatic background music.

Husband and wife agonizing at the kitchen table over water quality. They look at their son and say, "You deserve better little buckaroo! We're moving to Michigan son, home to a state with one of the worst drinking water cases in recent memory!"
More than just US News.

Facts matter. You all are emotionally driven. You're pissed that your party isn't in charge so your side invents false narratives.

These two posts, in immediate succession, perfectly illustrate you, Northern.

Last edited:
If in was an old guy maybe. There is middle ground here though, need more of us in it
Just a thought… the "far left bullshit" is, well, it's two things off the top of my head as it relates to Iowa (not to mention this awesome thread):
  1. It's unbelievably exaggerated, and basically inconsequential to your life.
  2. Wether or not you agree on #1, the "far left bullshit" (should you begrudgingly accept it) just might give water quality, air quality a fighting chance. I mean, maybe just maybe you'll be forced to put on some eyeliner and a skirt somewhere along the way, but there's a reasonable chance you'll have fun with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT