ADVERTISEMENT

Some feedback on the new site.

slipHawk

HB Heisman
Mar 21, 2003
I can see how some things are cleaner, but we lost some of the 'hawkeye' flavor. Information architecture doesn't seem as well thought out. Hawkeye Lounge as 'other board'? Shouldn't Lounge be the top board as Premium or whatever? It seems we lost the drop down for moving between boards. It was nice how you could hop around from board to board that way. I miss it.

We are now counting how many likes and 'points' you get? Who cares? (We all seem to have 36). As opposed to likes, I've appreciated systems like SB Nation where good posts get 'recd' to become a different color. Totaling the number of likes you have gained as a poster over time feels much less important than surfacing the best content in a thread. I don't care how many likes x poster has, but I do care that they said something interesting and that everyone helped surface it.

The mobile app is more legible (yay!) but again navigation doesn't seem to be that great. There is no way to switch between boards from the page you are on; you have to go back to the main menu to select another board.

I guess we lost friends and anything we had in the fan pages? Also we have lost all of our posting history? Also we seem to have lost things like number of months on the site and the badging system. The right side user lockup feels a bit unnecessary for what it's giving you.

Any transition isn't easy, but I wanted to call out what I'm seeing. Some of the layout work is very clean and looks nice. Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News