ADVERTISEMENT

Some very sobering numbers

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
  • COVID death toll globally now tops 5 million

• USA has most deaths (officially recorded, so take with a caveat) at 745,000-plus

• Global death toll is the population of LA and San Francisco combined, and more than all combatants killed in all wars since 1950

• COVID is now the third leading cause of death worldwide, trailing only heart disease and stroke: higher than cancer

Had another ex - employee die this weekend from COVID in PA, he was 49. Poor guy, wouldn't get the vaccine.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtypool
We have abysmal numbers, but there’s no way we’ve had the most deaths. Russia and China falsified their numbers. I doubt Brazil and India even know the true toll.
India alone is probably well over 1 million. Agree on the others as well. True global death toll is honestly probably closer to 10 million.

We have abysmal numbers, but there’s no way we’ve had the most deaths. Russia and China falsified their numbers. I doubt Brazil and India even know the true toll there.
True...I don't how anyone could reasonably evaluate "the numbers" related to Covid. Stats don't matter unless they are real and not fudged.

True...I don't how anyone could reasonably evaluate "the numbers" related to Covid. Stats don't matter unless they are real and not fudged.
You can definitely evaluate that it is very, very bad and was not dealt with well, considering we all agree 5 million is a LOW estimate. Even with fudged numbers, it is still the 3rd-leading cause of death on Planet Earth currently. That is very, very bad.

Reactions: noleclone2
Hey check out these numbers. Lot more sobering.

Or try this one on for size

Curious about your dad -- was he asymptomatic for Covid prior to the stroke?

The info has filtered out oddly and there are about 69 people involved.

Drives up to Illinois to get his wife
He starts getting sever double vision
Gets to Illinois
Starts vomiting for 2 hours
Gets a test
Test comes in and says he has COVID
His wife says you need to stay and recover
She goes to Walmart to get him clothing because he didn't bring any
She gets back and he had a stroke

Granted, knowing my dad, he may have been sick for a week. Real big toxic masculinity and powering through being sick vibes in my family.

The info has filtered out oddly and there are about 69 people involved.

Drives up to Illinois to get his wife
He starts getting sever double vision
Gets to Illinois
Starts vomiting for 2 hours
Gets a test
Test comes in and says he has COVID
His wife says you need to stay and recover
She goes to Walmart to get him clothing because he didn't bring any
She gets back and he had a stroke

Granted, knowing my dad, he may have been sick for a week. Real big toxic masculinity and powering through being sick vibes in my family.
Ugh, my dad is the same way. He refuses to go to physical therapy for his spinal stenosis and back issues because "I know my body better than some kid therapist" :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rudolph and Moral
Ugh, my dad is the same way. He refuses to go to physical therapy for his spinal stenosis and back issues because "I know my body better than some kid therapist" :rolleyes:

It is baffling because he isn't a stranger to a doctor because of the rheumatoid arthritis that has been afflicting him for 30 years. Eyeroll emoji on point.

• COVID death toll globally now tops 5 million

• USA has most deaths (officially recorded, so take with a caveat) at 745,000-plus

• Global death toll is the population of LA and San Francisco combined, and more than all combatants killed in all wars since 1950

• COVID is now the third leading cause of death worldwide, trailing only heart disease and stroke: higher than cancer

Anything worse than this and you would see serious disruptions to modern civilization and likely see countries collapse.
75% of the people kicking it from COVID in the US were 65+. I imagine the world over isn’t much different.
We just lost a lot more people in the cart than pulling the cart.

We’ve added about 1,800 million people to the planet since 1999, and you think losing 5 million, mostly retired, almost collapsed civilization?

Dubious conclusion.

We have abysmal numbers, but there’s no way we’ve had the most deaths. Russia and China falsified their numbers. I doubt Brazil and India even know the true toll there.

Well, our numbers aren't exactly accurate either. Just not as out of whack as others.

Reactions: praguehawk
75% of the people kicking it from COVID in the US were 65+. I imagine the world over isn’t much different.

We’ve added about 1,800 million people to the planet since 1999, and you think losing 5 million, mostly retired, almost collapsed civilization?

Dubious conclusion.
280 million world citizens added the past two years. People act like no one ever died til covid came creepin’ around.

Dubious conclusion.
Well it's a good thing I didn't say "just like what we went through" and I said "worse than" then. Otherwise what I would have said would have been silly.

For perspective, look how badly the supply chain has been screwed up. Just think what will happen if it completely collapses. How many countries would survive? Think about countries that have to import most of their fuel for electricity. When the power goes out, bad things happen.

Even worse! Cancer is multiple diseases and Covid has killed more than all of them combined.
Reading not your strength? According to the WHO cancer kills ten million a year...which is more than five million in two years.

94% of covid deaths - per CDC - occur in people with two or more co-morbidities.

It’s only considered a stand-alone killer by those with an agenda.

Thought I heard Covid is the 8th leading cause of death in children as well.
I also read 8th.

Under 18 annual deaths:

20,360 deaths

12,500 injury related

4,100 vehicle

2,400 suicide

1,900 homicide

1000 Drowning

1,000 OD

765 Covid since start (20 months)

Also of interest 22% of Americans under 18 are obese. Maybe use some NIH ad dollars on that?

The solution is to do something regularly that has a much higher chance of death than all those things and you won't worry about it so much.

Everything-will-kill-you-so-choose-something-fun-Camping-Mountain-Climbing-poster.jpg

Reactions: 24 so far
Reading not your strength? According to the WHO cancer kills ten million a year...which is more than five million in two years.

94% of covid deaths - per CDC - occur in people with two or more co-morbidities.

It’s only considered a stand-alone killer by those with an agenda.

How f'ing dumb can you be? Seriously. Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Those underestimating the toll of COVID are beyond stupid.

Tell you what Shank...You and the rest of your clan can have a one way trip to Easter Island. The best part is history will be able to document how and why you all died.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT