ADVERTISEMENT

Some very sobering numbers

I've never understood the need to compare the number of deaths of a disease with the number of deaths in wars. It's such a stupid association. The two circumstances have absolutely nothing to do with each other, except people die in wars and they also die from diseases. Why not compare it to the 1918 Spanish Flu (which 100k fewer people died from in the USA).

How f'ing dumb can you be? Seriously. Did you eat paint chips as a kid? Those underestimating the toll of COVID are beyond stupid.

Tell you what Shank...You and the rest of your clan can have a one way trip to Easter Island. The best part is history will be able to document how and why you all died.
Will everyone from CDC/WHO be joining me?

It’s their data, after all. Not mine.

75% of the people kicking it from COVID in the US were 65+. I imagine the world over isn’t much different.
We just lost a lot more people in the cart than pulling the cart.

We’ve added about 1,800 million people to the planet since 1999, and you think losing 5 million, mostly retired, almost collapsed civilization?

Dubious conclusion.
We should definitely just kill people off at 65. They are such a drain on society. China knows this.

Well it's a good thing I didn't say "just like what we went through" and I said "worse than" then. Otherwise what I would have said would have been silly.

“Anything worse” is what you said.
That’s what seemed silly.

If it was 100x worse - killed 400 million people 65+ and 100 million younger that would take us back to the 2015 world population of 7.2 billion people, albeit skewed slightly younger with less retirees to support on existing production.

I don’t think that ends civilization.

• COVID death toll globally now tops 5 million

• USA has most deaths (officially recorded, so take with a caveat) at 745,000-plus

• Global death toll is the population of LA and San Francisco combined, and more than all combatants killed in all wars since 1950

• COVID is now the third leading cause of death worldwide, trailing only heart disease and stroke: higher than cancer
Silver lining - they all have robust "natural immunity". Amirite @your_master5 @naturalbornhawk @Finance85 @HawkeyeShawn @shank hawk etc?

“Anything worse” is what you said.
That’s what seemed silly.

If it was 100x worse - killed 400 million people 65+ and 100 million younger that would take us back to the 2015 world population of 7.2 billion people, albeit skewed slightly younger with less retirees to support on existing production.

I don’t think that ends civilization.
Couple holes in your thoughts. The fact is at just 20 million dead over two years (what the real number will be) we already have experienced massive disruption of the supply change and overall psyche of the world. If 200 million had died over two years, you would see mass chaos. It’s a lot of issues.

Another aspect not being discussed or thought of by you or really anyone else in this thread is you can figure we will have 10-20 times the death toll of permantly disabled/sick/quality of life ruined survivors. That will emerged as the next stories. There are likely 7-10 million Americans that will have shortened lives riddled with respiratory and clotting issues and unable to necessarily go back to normal ever again.

Reactions: torbee
I also read 8th.

Under 18 annual deaths:

20,360 deaths

12,500 injury related

4,100 vehicle

2,400 suicide

1,900 homicide

1000 Drowning

1,000 OD

765 Covid since start (20 months)

Also of interest 22% of Americans under 18 are obese. Maybe use some NIH ad dollars on that?
We shut down schools and stunted learning growth in tens of millions of children for that statistic. Think about that for a second.

Couple holes in your thoughts. The fact is at just 20 million dead over two years (what the real number will be) we already have experienced massive disruption of the supply change and overall psyche of the world. If 200 million had died over two years, you would see mass chaos. It’s a lot of issues.

Another aspect not being discussed or thought of by you or really anyone else in this thread is you can figure we will have 10-20 times the death toll of permantly disabled/sick/quality of life ruined survivors. That will emerged as the next stories. There are likely 7-10 million Americans that will have shortened lives riddled with respiratory and clotting issues and unable to necessarily go back to normal ever again.
seminole is not known for depth of thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT