ADVERTISEMENT

Sound of Freedom

Again the abuse of children in any form is what I consider one of the most evil acts on this planet, of course I don’t want to see any vigilantes but I want to get rid of this evil, possibly even more. Just my opinion of course
U should watch Shiny Happy People. It documents abuse of children in this country. By the IBLP Church. Where using physical and emotional abuse starting at 6 months through being a adult is taught. Under the guise of discipline taught in the Bible.

RDT_20230714_1435145014550453999382012.jpg

IMO, it shouldn't be marketed to any specific group. Human trafficking should transcend politics, religion, etc.
We were doing a shift change at the ambulance service Sunday and someone incoming said the movie had been held up in its release because the Biden administration had been actively working to prevent the release in order to protect pedophiles.

This movie caters to MAGA. It strokes their fears.

I'll see the movie when it makes it to blu ray (probably just DVD) in a couple months and I can check it out at the library without my money going to the people who made it. If anyone is looking for a faith based move that is OK I saw Big George Foreman last week. The acting and production left plenty to be desired but it was worth watching in my opinion. Of course they skipped over the middle three of his five wives and downplayed the infidelity but it was an entertaining story of redemption and picking yourself back up. He's a good guy it seems, quite a life he's lived

Another decent one is Father Stu with Mark Wahlberg who plays a former boxer who becomes a Catholic priest after a life changing incident. Again, not great but it was ok if you like religious based movies
Father Stu was great

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
But, I have not seen ANYTHING about that kind of child trafficking in the news? If it has been reported I am missing it. Why should only the extreme right be the ones focusing on this issue? I read where he was asked about being aligned with the Q'anon (sp?) movement and he said that was what was so maddning.......he has not be aligned with them at all, rather, just telling the story of his group that works to save trafficed children. But, people who are against the movie are simply making baseless associations. It makes no sense to me.
I'm not sure where you have been hiding out if you haven't heard about this issue. I've seen quite a few documentaries and investigative journalism reports which I'd consider a much more reliable source than a feature film put on by Q people. To act like this is an issue only the right cares about is absolute propaganda. Here are several from just PBS you clearly have missed. You might consider broadening your sources of information, child trafficking is just part of the larger issue of human trafficking. It's tragic at any age

Last edited:
"Recovering Catholic"? Look, if you decided the Church was not for you....that is fine. As long as you have a path I applaud you. My Catholic faith has been incredible for me and my family. Now, I do not feel they need to drop the vow of Celibacy, but at some point they may simply HAVE to do something as the number of Seminarians is getting lower. I actually had a married Pastor of another church tell me he would become a Catholic Priest immediatly if only he could be married.

But, the celibacy issue is NOT what caused these evil men to do what they did. These were pedofiles who were attracted to young boys. Now, in our town alone we have had two ministers from different churches who were caught having affairs with members of their flocks. They were both married and and now are no longer practicing. Again, I have 2 family members who are priest. One had a long time girlfriend, but said he could not shake the call that Jesus wanted him to serve in his Church. He and my other nephew are super happy. The priest that I had growing up were amazing to our family and our parish and we felt Blessed to have them. And yes, those that covered up these crimes need to be sent away...and many have. More to come for sure. And, I totally agree with your last paragraph.....
I get that being condescending is what self proclaimed religious people do but "my path" is no concern of yours so mind your own damn business.....I'll be just fine. The naivete you've demonstrated in this thread is exactly why the abuse in the church has gone on for decades and will continue. I'm glad you're optimistic it won't be as bad going forward as it has been but I don't necessarily share your "faith" in that regard. Best wishes.

Reactions: nelly02
I get that being condescending is what self proclaimed religious people do but "my path" is no concern of yours so mind your own damn business.....I'll be just fine. The naivete you've demonstrated in this thread is exactly why the abuse in the church has gone on for decades and will continue. I'm glad you're optimistic it won't be as bad going forward as it has been but I don't necessarily share your "faith" in that regard. Best wishes.
Please...your a FREAKING HYPOCRITE. Your snide, condescending remark about being a "Recovering Catholic" started our dialog. You don't like or care what I have to say.......then don't respond to my post. LOL! And, I could actually care less if you share "My faith" in the process going forward. Just keep your Catholic hate to yourself. God Bless.

• Love
Reactions: Hawkman34
Please...your a FREAKING HYPOCRITE. Your snide, condescending remark about being a "Recovering Catholic" started our dialog. You don't like or care what I have to say.......then don't respond to my post. LOL! And, I could actually care less if you share "My faith" in the process going forward. Just keep your Catholic hate to yourself. God Bless.
AMEN! This is what this board has come to. Some of these people have REAL hate in their heart and there will be nothing you could do to change them. Best to put them on the back burner and move on. 👍

I had to unlearn a lot of ridiculous bullshit from your ridiculous cult but keep being a totally clueless moron. Head must be amazingly far up your ass if you've never heard "ANYTHING" on the trafficking topic. I know that must be useful when supporting that pedophile harboring group that tells kids a woman came from the rib of a man and a senior citizen collected 2 of every species on the earth and put them on a boat...amongst a ton of other bullshit propaganda. Eat shit, pedophile enabler. You are what you hate

You had a great experience in the church, some of us didn't. Keep that in mind if we seem a little visceral in our feelings towards your club.

AMEN! This is what this board has come to. Some of these people have REAL hate in their heart and there will be nothing you could do to change them. Best to put them on the back burner and move on. 👍
Everyone has different experiences. What u call hate might be an unfortunate by product of them. The Catholic Church protected pedophiles and then has attempted to shield itself from legal liability dang near every step of the way over the years.

I had to unlearn a lot of ridiculous bullshit from your ridiculous cult but keep being a totally clueless moron. Head must be amazingly far up your ass if you've never heard "ANYTHING" on the trafficking topic. I know that must be useful when supporting that pedophile harboring group that tells kids a woman came from the rib of a man and a senior citizen collected 2 of every species on the earth and put them on a boat...amongst a ton of other bullshit propaganda. Eat shit, pedophile enabler. You are what you hate
You are really out there Karen! Keep it going as I LOVE seeing you loose it. Seriously, you need to get some help as you can't even debate without going mental. Good luck in life...whatever that may be for you. 😂

You had a great experience in the church, some of us didn't. Keep that in mind if we seem a little visceral in our feelings towards your club.
Look, I totally get that many, many people did not have the same experience as I did. Please point to where I ever said anything like that in any of my post. I have also never said that anyone should NOT feel that way if they had a bad experience. My heart goes out to ANYONE who was wronged by the evil people that came through the Church. They ALL need to be punished and taken down. But yes, I do get defensive when people respond to a post of mine with snide comments. As I have said, I have family who have given their life to the service of the Christ and they are doing AMAZING things. That counts to me. When my father died, the religious that were in our parish were amazing to us. There are many, many good things that the Churchs does do. I am truly sorry if you had a bad experience......and I mean that.

Everyone has different experiences. What u call hate might be an unfortunate by product of them. The Catholic Church protected pedophiles and then has attempted to shield itself from legal liability dang near every step of the way over the years.
Tumor, See my post above. I totally agree with what you posted. I don't believe I have posted ANYTHING to the contrary. Horrible, Horrible people have done Horrible things. And, I pray every day that they are ALL brought to justice. And that means EVERYONE...including those that shielded them. But, your's and Woahh's point is well taken. If I had been wronged by the Church the way many have been....my replies in this thread might have been the same as some here. Peace

Last edited:
Look, I totally get that many, many people did not have the same experience as I did. Please point to where I ever said anything like that in any of my post. I have also never said that anyone should NOT feel that way if they had a bad experience. My heart goes out to ANYONE who was wronged by the evil people that came through the Church. They ALL need to be punished and taken down. But yes, I do get defensive when people respond to a post of mine with snide comments. As I have said, I have family who have given their life to the service of the Christ and they are doing AMAZING things. That counts to me. When my father died, the religious that were in our parish were amazing to us. There are many, many good things that the Churchs does do. I am truly sorry if you had a bad experience......and I mean that.

I get that, but it's extremely Machiavellian to me. Your family members can give their life up to Christ, do amazing things, and not support an organization that covered up child molestation at the same time. It's not like Catholics have some key to the code. Dude, that's really where you lose people like me.

Great, they've done good things. They can keep doing good things and not support the Golden City in Italy, you don't need the hierarchy of Catholicism to accomplish that. They're more of a corporate infrastructure than a religion at this point. You don't survive 2k+ years w/out being shrewd. Shit, Catholics survived Luther, that was a big hit.

Reactions: nelly02
I get that, but it's extremely Machiavellian to me. Your family members can give their life up to Christ, do amazing things, and not support an organization that covered up child molestation at the same time. It's not like Catholics have some key to the code. Dude, that's really where you lose people like me.

Great, they've done good things. They can keep doing good things and not support the Golden City in Italy, you don't need the hierarchy of Catholicism to accomplish that. They're more of a corporate infrastructure than a religion at this point. You don't survive 2k+ years w/out being shrewd. Shit, Catholics survived Luther, that was a big hit.
Very true on many points. But, there is simply nothing wrong with how they (my family) have chosen to serve Christ. It may not be right for you...or some others, but it is for them and me. We were blessed that we did not experience what many others have with regard to absuses. Now, there are only two ways it can go. The crap can either be cleaned up and pevented.....or the same thing will happen again. I have been part of the committee in our parish to make sure the first choice is what takes place. And, no Catholics do not have the key to the good deed code. Many religious and non religious folks do amazing work. You will never find me saying otherwise. Likewise and sadly, the Catholic Church is also not the only institution that has had evil people do evil things. God Lord, look at our school, leaders in the government, ect. But, rather then disband those....we hopfully work to make them better. But, it sure isn't easy.

Reactions: RNHawk
Very true on many points. But, there is simply nothing wrong with how they (my family) have chosen to serve Christ. It may not be right for you...or some others, but it is for them and me. We were blessed that we did not experience what many others have with regard to absuses. Now, there are only two ways it can go. The crap can either be cleaned up and pevented.....or the same thing will happen again. I have been part of the committee in our parish to make sure the first choice is what takes place. And, no Catholics do not have the key to the good deed code. Many religious and non religious folks do amazing work. You will never find me saying otherwise. Likewise and sadly, the Catholic Church is also not the only institution that has had evil people do evil things. God Lord, look at our school, leaders in the government, ect. But, rather then disband those....we hopfully work to make them better. But, it sure isn't easy.
You're a Christian?! Who knew.

If I’m already aware of the problem and have sent my T’s and P’s, I can just skip out on this Jesus Caviezel movie…right?

Reactions: artradley
What a joke of a statement. I have read through this entire thread and this person (like many others) only responds in kind to those who come at him/her first. It's unreal unreal how hypocritical some of you are. LOL!!
Wouldn't be able to tell here, but good to hear.

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
Oh this is in general not this thread.
Oh Please.....tell you what. Post proof that what you are implying about me is accurate. Come on, do it. I have not preemptivenly gone after ANYONE first in this thread. Only in response to attacks on me. Even the leader of the Christian faith, Christ himself showed anger and flipped tables when seeing wrongdoing. So, here is the thing....you post proof of what you are accusing me of and I will not post ANYMORE in this thread, if you don't, bow out gracefully from this thread. Deal?

What a joke of a statement. I have read through this entire thread and this person (like many others) only responds in kind to those who come at him/her first. It's unreal unreal how hypocritical some of you are. LOL!!
Hawkman, I truly appreciate your statement. I honestly do try and stay above the fray....but people don't like it when they get pushback. Have a stellar Sunday brother!!!

Reactions: Hawkman34
People will praise and people will bash all in the name of attention whoring. Same happened with that child trafficking movie. The more outlandish the more traction it gets.

Maybe he means under-represented by the mainstream. I haven't seen any trailers for it outside of the Angel Studios App (where I watch The Chosen) and I haven't seen any in theaters. However, because I've seen the trailer so many times, I honestly didn't give it any thought until this thread.

Uh...you do realize media outlets don't play trailers unless the production company pays them to run trailers, right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT