ADVERTISEMENT

SOUTH CAROLINA: State GOP Willing To Cancel 2020 Primary To Protect Trump From Republican Challenger

48405674_1957034707667700_1355778681217220608_n.jpg

Reactions: naturalmwa
People definitely care. I'd love to get rid of Trump and have a better Republican running in 2020. Frankly, it is the only chance the R's have in 2020, because if Trump is running the D's are winning the election. That this is even up for debate with anybody surprises me.

Trump still has 80+% support amongst republicans. You’re in the minority of Rs, watch your back.

Trump still has 80+% support amongst republicans. You’re in the minority of Rs, watch your back.

I'd love to know what question is being asked where 80% say they support him. My guess is this is some sort of "job approval" question? So the D's have about 9% affirmative responses and this is how we get to something like 45% approval overall?

I'd suggest (and feel free to call me crazy) that most Rs agree with me and would like a better option to vote for in 2020. It has become abundantly clear to me that Trump is not the right guy for this job.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I'd love to know what question is being asked where 80% say they support him. My guess is this is some sort of "job approval" question? So the D's have about 9% affirmative responses and this is how we get to something like 45% approval overall?

I'd suggest (and feel free to call me crazy) that most Rs agree with me and would like a better option to vote for in 2020. It has become abundantly clear to me that Trump is not the right guy for this job.

You’re crazy ;). My R friends love trump , think he’s being unfairly treated. For the sake of this country I hope you’re right.

Reactions: cigaretteman
LOL... GOP gonna GOP... South Carolina doubling down on the Trump Crime Family.

https://www.joemygod.com/2018/12/so...to-protect-trump-from-republican-challengers/
The Washington Examiner reports:

The South Carolina Republican Party could cancel its marquee presidential nominating contest in 2020 in a move to protect President Trump from any primary challengers.

Drew McKissick, chairman of the South Carolina GOP, said he doesn’t anticipate Trump would face a primary challenge. But McKissick would pointedly not rule out canceling the primary, indicating that that would be his preference.

“We have complete autonomy and flexibility in either direction,” McKissick told the Washington Examiner on Tuesday. “Considering the fact that the entire party supports the president, we’ll end up doing what’s in the president’s best interest.”
i hope they do not. He needs a challenger

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT