ADVERTISEMENT

Southern Scuffle semi-finals and consolations

He had about 1:15 of RT and was confident on his feet. He struggles to escape from McKee, as we saw in the 3rd. To be fair, he is better on his feet than McKee. Took him down twice and was very close to a 3rd.
Yes but McKee would have either had to turn him or let him up at some point and then they are back in their feet.

I understand he had riding time but if McKee gets the takedown, which he was going to need regardless, he was most likely going to erase RT anyways.

McKee has cranked and pinned a few people from top. I think they wanted to see how things went before committing there.

Schriever vs. Foley

1st Period:

Tying up.

Cullan shoots a single, Foley defends. In a front headlock. OOB.

Back to center. Handfighting. Foley gets a 2 on 1, Cullan clears.

Cullan with a half shot into a front headlock. Back to his feet. Another shot but Foley clears.

Foley with his first half shot at 1:20.

Foley with 2 on 1 again. Cullan clears.

Foley shoots a single. Cullan with nice defense and back to his feet.

Cullan shoots and Foley goes around for 2. Cullan seemed to stop, like he got his bell rung. OOB.

End of 1st. Foley up 2-0. RT :31.

Reactions: acehawk
Drake was up 1 and had over a min RT, so McKee couldn’t just ride him out to force OT, unless he picked up some stall calls on Drake.
He turned him last time they met. As you saw bottom is not Drakes best choice against McKee. I maintain it was the right call. All drake had to do was get an escape and he had 52 seconds to do it.I would have bet on drake finishing that last single. If he does that no one is questioning.

The riding time really was not relevant because it was only 1:15 and so a takedown puts you down assuming it happens before :15 left in the match.

Reactions: drunkengoat
He turned him last time they met. As you saw bottom is not Drakes best choice against McKee. I maintain it was the right call. All drake had to do was get an escape and he had 52 seconds to do it.I would have bet on drake finishing that last single. If he does that no one is questioning.
This is what I wasn’t sure about as I didn’t see their first match. With that being the case, I agree it was a right decision.

2nd period:

Foley takes bottom.

Foley to his feet and out in about :10. 3-0, Foley.

Cullan shoots, Foley with a re-shot, on the edge. Cullan fighting it off, Foley with one foot in bounds. Foley gets the 2. 5-0, Foley. Cullan doesn't look sharp.

Foley riding on the edge, Cullan unable to move much. Gets to a sit-out and does escape. 5-1 Foley, RT 1:01.

Back to center. Cullan with some snaps. Gets to a left single. Foley clears.

Period ends. 5-1, Foley, RT 1:01.

3rd period:

Cullan takes neutral.

Slick shot and takedown for Cullan. 5-3 Foley, RT :57.

Cullan cuts him. 6-3 Foley, RT :56.

Cullan picking up the pace, looking much better.

Cullan with a low single. Foley with a wizard. Cullen collects both feet on the edge for 2! 6-5 Foley, 1:04 left, RT :53.

Back to center.

Cullan cuts him. 7-5 Foley, :56 left.

Foley in on a single and gets the takedown. 9-5 Foley. Crap. On the edge, Foley with a toe in.

Back to center.

Cullan sits out, Foley riding. Time running out. Cullan sits out again, can't escape. Foley wins 10-5.

Henson vs. Kinner:

1st period:

Wyatt with a beautiful shot and takedown. Up 2-0. OOB.

Back to center. Has :16 of RT.

Cuts him. Wyatt up 2-1.

Kinner shoots a left single. Wyatt with a great counter and almost has a cradle locked up. Wyatt close to a takedown but Kinner still has the leg. On the edge. Wyatt fights it off. OOB.

Back to center. 1:20 left.

Wyat with a nice double. Kinner counters on the edge. Wyatt was close but no score. OOB.

Back to center. :52 left.

Wyatt shoots a right single Wizard by Kinner. Wyatt still on the leg. Kinner grabs his wrist. Stalemate.

:22 left. No score. Period ends. Wyatt up 2-1 with :20 of RT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT