ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer Lee

I think he did have it at the same time as his knee. https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...er-lee-interview-hawkeye-wrestling/403122001/

Lee tore his ACL on Jan. 23, but instead of opting for surgery right away, he wanted to see if he could win a fourth straight state championship and finish his high school career undefeated.

After all, he won his first of three world titles in 2014 (cadet) with two cracked ribs.

He won his second world title in 2015 (junior) with a torn labrum in his right shoulder.

“It would have been easy to just have surgery and be done," Lee says. "In my mind, I could do it. It didn’t matter to me that I was hurt.”

He later found out he had mononucleosis at the time, too.​

Get my dick out of your mouth, dumbass. I asked a question as it has been mentioned on the board previously that he had mono. No need for name calling

Sorry if I misunderstood your intent. Thought it was common knowledge that Lee only was defeated because he was far less than 100% in high school. Just like he is now. When healthy, he destroys everybody.

Sorry if I misunderstood your intent. Thought it was common knowledge that Lee only was defeated because he was far less than 100% in high school. Just like he is now. When healthy, he destroys everybody.
It was common knowledge about the ACL injury, but it was also reported he was battling mono as well.

Not sure what's up with Spencer, but I know that you can be affected by mono more than once in your life.

I had it when I was 18, and then I got it again when I was 28. It's rare, but it's a virus, so it's different for everyone.

I will say, while watching him today, my first thought was mono.

What if he’s fine and we’re just making excuses for him?
Sorry no offense but the Lee of now is no way near what he was at NCAA hope and pray he can get his strentgh back . My wife hand mono in high school and she said it took her almost 2 years to get back to normal and she was not in any sports. They have not fiqured him out he just not have the same get up and go.

Don’t know why, but he is not the same Spencer right now. Unfortunately, the kid could have won the Hodge trophy this year had he been healthy. I just hope he is back to 100% for nationals.

David Taylor had mono during his loss to Bubba and all three of his college losses to Dake. It sucks. Nolf had mono during both losses to IMar, as did Bo in his loss against Myles Martin. Both Nick Lee & Berge had mono today.

Nope...Dave got "caught" against Bubba and Bo threw himself to his back against Martin...kind of like Cenzo did vs Marinelli. Plus those damn refs and the Cox sweat.

It is blatantly clear Spencer is being negatively affected by something. Top, bottom, neutral, none of them look the same. He flat out said people don't know what others are dealing with. Just hoping he can get it back before the end of the year.

My wild guess based on what I took away from Spencer's interview is this: He is sick, but at the same point in time Tom and Terry have his still working his ass off to get his body used to working while tired. Once he regains full health and they taper off for nationals then he will be unstoppable.

Reactions: Knight563
David Taylor had mono during his loss to Bubba and all three of his college losses to Dake. It sucks. Nolf had mono during both losses to IMar, as did Bo in his loss against Myles Martin. Both Nick Lee & Berge had mono today.
This wasn’t funny the first time one of you boners said it, either. Not only are you stupid, but unoriginally stupid.

The way he scored off Russel's shot in the first period and the splits to fend off a later shot show he is still on another level in certain aspects. Something is affecting his offense and ability to turn people from top.

Mono sucks, it took me a full month after being cleared (3 months from original diagnosis ) to stop getting headaches and sick to my stomach from working out. I am sure SL with his medical access can make it back by Big Tens.

If you haven't had mono, you get winded just going up a flight of 10 stairs at the start.

Another Ped State fan going on ignore.

Reactions: IRONBIRD
Spencer hinted at it during the interview, but he pulled back not wanting to make it sound like an excuse.
Caught this too.... the whole everyone is battling something comments but then stepped back quickly.

It wasn’t mono that Spencer has been dealing with... It was actually much worse. He has finished up treatment and aftercare and will soon be back to 100%.

My only question is why they Wrestled him in some early matches and in the Midlands? I fully understand that he probable wanted to go and he is a competitor and all. Just not understanding what could be ailing him where it would make sense to push it like that without making it worse?

Thanks for the info though, everyone with eyes and 1/2 a brain can see that he is no where near 100% and I am just hoping he will be soon!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT