ADVERTISEMENT

Spencer

it sucks.... point fingers all you want....piss and moan...give up on winning a title...life goes on
next man in and I’m 100 percent sure the Iowa wrestling program’s goal to win the national title hasn’t changed one bit
Spencer has world class medical care readily available and will get everything he needs in his recovery.
Go Hawks!

The Lee news was widely known by credible insiders. As soon as puss Pat got his hands on it he ran. Meanwhile all credible sources let Spencer break the news as he intended. He's a bad faith clown and deserves no attention.
Maybe “the credible insiders” shouldn’t have such loose lips and let Mineo get wind of it since they know he’s going to tweet about it the minute he hears something.

Willie in particular doesn’t seem to mind. This is not the first time Willie has tweeted something cryptic about “big news coming,” Mineo tweets the specific news and then Willie confirms.

Maybe “the credible insiders” shouldn’t have such loose lips and let Mineo get wind of it since they know he’s going to tweet about it the minute he hears something.

Willie in particular doesn’t seem to mind. This is not the first time Willie has tweeted something cryptic about “big news coming,” Mineo tweets the specific news and then Willie confirms

A middle schooler can discern what Mineo does. Maybe Willie leaks him things and that's on him, but it's obvious based on his many misses that he runs with speculation and hopes it sticks. The Kem post is the perfect example of his stupidity.

Willie in particular doesn’t seem to mind. This is not the first time Willie has tweeted something cryptic about “big news coming,” Mineo tweets the specific news and then Willie confirms.

Hmm

• Wow
Reactions: Brian LB-U and eb05
mineo did ask me when he's having surgery and i told him that i heard it was friday. but that's it. i certainly didn't 'feed' him the story and hadn't spoken to him at all before he initially tweeted it.

Go on believing in Mineo. That says a lot about you. To each their own.

Go on believing in Mineo. That says a lot about you. To each their own.

I would estimate he’s right about 70% of the time. You don’t have to “believe” what he says, but most of the time there’s at least some smoke to what he’s saying. (Even if a lot of the times it’s just speculation based on reading twitter or message boards).

I just have to believe there was a timeline set that worked backwards from 2024 Olympic Trials that included consultation with medical professionals on likely outcomes of repair approaches and rehab.

I also have to believe decision points were established throughout the execution of this timeline, and decisions were made based on the best available information.

Best to not waste energy on what ifs or 20/20 hindsight. Spencer is moving on with an adjusted plan. I hope he succeeds.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember the timing, and I'm sure its been talked about, but was all the Spencer 'mono' /illness stuff in 18-19 or 19-20? If it was 19-20 i assume it was just cover the for ACL torn in the 19 finals?

Also, if anybody deserves a fully healthy year, its Lee. Imagine him being fully healthy, able to train 100%, and just *wrecking* people.

A full-go Lee in 22-23, hell bent on destroying everyone in his path on some sort of revenge tour would be worth the price of admission alone. Did we decide if somebody could wrestle 25 and 33 in the same meet?

mineo did ask me when he's having surgery and i told him that i heard it was friday. but that's it. i certainly didn't 'feed' him the story and hadn't spoken to him at all before he initially tweeted it.
Who feeds Micro his info?? You must know something about that. Be a stand up guy and out the twat who feeds that jag off. Does he monetarily reward people for such info? Out the prick unless your the guy. Good opportunity for you here Willie.

It was 18-19 which is the the same year he beat mueller. 19-20 he was an undefeated wrecking ball.

Of all the “what ifs” the biggest is what if there had been no COVID. In that case I expect Spencer would already have an Olympic gold medal, because he was at the top of his game.

I feel awful for him, but hope he can recover and start the journey to Paris.

Last edited:
Of all the “what ifs” the biggest is what if there had been no COVID. In that case I expect Spencer would already have an Olympic gold medal, because he was at the top of his game.

I feel awful for him, but hope he can recover and start the trip to Paris.

Such a shame! Our whole squad was in fire that year. Best versions of many of our guys…. Lee, Lugo, Bull, and Kem especially. Such horseshit!

Some insight here. FWIW, i am pretty sure this article all came together yesterday afternoon/evening- not something they had done last week and timed the release on
As much as I love watching Spencer Lees wrestling, his personality is what makes me want to run through a brick wall for him. He is so worried about disappointing the fans. Not going to lie, I teared up reading this!

Such a shame as well is that our whole squad was in fire that year. Best versions of many of our guys…. Lee, Lugo, Bull, and Kem especially. Such horseshit!
Thinking liking this leads to me imagining a mad scientist/wrestling fan inventing a time machine or something just so they can jump to the non-covid timeline and watch that group of Hawks end their careers more traditionally-and on top, , as champions, of course

Why would you even take a call from him? What does it do for you? Does he give you info sometimes? Why would you want to be associated with him at all? The guy is a scumbag and you know it.

Why would you even take a call from him? What does it do for you? Does he give you info sometimes? Why would you want to be associated with him at all? The guy is a scumbag and you know it.
THIS! Do yourself a favor and give us an honest answer here @smalls103. Like I said, big opportunity for you here.

As much as I love watching Spencer Lees wrestling, his personality is what makes me want to run through a brick wall for him. He is so worried about disappointing the fans. Not going to lie, I teared up reading this!
Yes. We are blessed to have a talent and a man like Spencer as a Hawkeye leader. I think Hawk fans do not always appreciate the great student athletes we have and what they invest into our programs. I hope that the surgery (ies) go well for Spencer, he regains his physical condition and that he gets as many Iowa degrees as possible. Love Spencer and his family and so proud to be part of the Hawkeye family which he loves so deeply!

I'm trying to remember the timing, and I'm sure its been talked about, but was all the Spencer 'mono' /illness stuff in 18-19 or 19-20? If it was 19-20 i assume it was just cover the for ACL torn in the 19 finals?

Also, if anybody deserves a fully healthy year, its Lee. Imagine him being fully healthy, able to train 100%, and just *wrecking* people.

A full-go Lee in 22-23, hell bent on destroying everyone in his path on some sort of revenge tour would be worth the price of admission alone. Did we decide if somebody could wrestle 25 and 33 in the same meet?
Spencer was clearly very sick, definitely not a cover.

Wishing Spencer Lee the best in his plans and goals for wrestling and life. If he never wrestles again in Carver, I will always be grateful for the impact he has had on my team and the sport. If he moves on as AD or HC at another university, I will back him 100% except against Hawks. All said, I really hope he fully recovers and returns for one more year as a Hawk and the represents HWC against the world.

Reactions: crazyazn
That's not really fair to Willie. The wrestling community/fraternity is small, so people like Mineo are bound to get some kind of scoop/rumor and whether that information is a fact or not. I don't blame Willie. And I also don't blame Mineo either because look at how much attention it has gotten him. Just accept Mineo for who he is and what type of information he provides. Another option is just to ignore him.

Wishing Spencer Lee the best in his plans and goals for wrestling and life. If he never wrestles again in Carver, I will always be grateful for the impact he has had on my team and the sport. If he moves on as AD or HC at another university, I will back him 100% except against Hawks. All said, I really hope he fully recovers and returns for one more year as a Hawk and the represents HWC against the world.
If he wants to be a coach It damn well better be at Iowa! If it’s not, Iowa’s administration has messed up big time!

Reactions: sdvike
That's not really fair to Willie. The wrestling community/fraternity is small, so people like Mineo are bound to get some kind of scoop/rumor and whether that information is a fact or not. I don't blame Willie. And also don't blame Mineo either because look at how much attention it has gotten him. Just accept Mineo for who he is and what type of information he provides. Another option is just ignore him.
Why??? And who are “people like Mineo”???

Reactions: Chuck C
Why??? And who are “people like Mineo”???
People crying over Mineo is like crying over the pre-season wrestler rankings. Neither are really true until after the fact or season. But it is interesting to talk about.

People crying over Mineo is like crying over the pre-season wrestler rankings. Neither are really true until after the fact or season. But it is interesting to talk about.
Who’s crying? I think it’s just calling a spade and spade. The frustrating part for me is the people talking to that idiot. And again who are “people like Mineo”??

Reactions: pumpdog20
I mean he said it himself. After reinjuring it in the finals he decided to rehab and ultimately was able to wrestle dominantly without surgery. Based on that result and past experience with surgery he thought he could do the same with this one and unfortunately it did not work out that way.
How long does it take to realize if the rehab is working? I have to think that they knew months ago that it was not going to be effective and surgery would be needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT