ADVERTISEMENT

Spider Man Homecoming

Good movie, Holland nails the part. Noticed a lot of SJW BS in it though. Also, are High School kids really that feminine these days? Holland was the only one who seemed like normal teenager. Everyone else seemed weak, the guy who played Flash was totally wrong for the part. Flash is supposed to be a jock type dude, who will eventually become the modern day Venom. The ending was hysterical, and dear god Gwyneth Paltrow was looking fine.

I did enjoy that the bad guy was an everyman type. It was interesting to see him as an aggrieved small business owner who didn't have super powers. He was stepped on by big government/business, he went dirty, decided killing people wasn't so wrong, and off he went.

Good movie, Holland nails the part. Noticed a lot of SJW BS in it though. Also, are High School kids really that feminine these days? Holland was the only one who seemed like normal teenager. Everyone else seemed weak, the guy who played Flash was totally wrong for the part. Flash is supposed to be a jock type dude, who will eventually become the modern day Venom. The ending was hysterical, and dear god Gwyneth Paltrow was looking fine.

It's a STEM school for academically gifted students. Your dumb jock Flash doesn't really fit.

It's a STEM school for academically gifted students. Your dumb jock Flash doesn't really fit.
Also, those kind of stereotypical big dumb bully jocks are a lot rarer these days, and have really been shamed to the point that you can't really pull it off convincingly anymore in movies.

My biggest criticism is that the villain isn't really that much different from the green guy who flew around with a high tech assist or doc oct with the high tech assist. Different villain, different high tech assist. Aren't there any spideyworld villains who have some other schtick? However, it was fun, and we finally learned (although it was obvious throughout) who MJ is.

My biggest criticism is that the villain isn't really that much different from the green guy who flew around with a high tech assist or doc oct with the high tech assist. Different villain, different high tech assist. Aren't there any spideyworld villains who have some other schtick? However, it was fun, and we finally learned (although it was obvious throughout) who MJ is.

Hmmm...I thought Toomes? was a fairly nuanced villain. Pissed off regular guy who figures out how to make a buck and gets kinda trapped into defending it at all costs. Keaton was really good, regardless...as usual.

Hmmm...I thought Toomes? was a fairly nuanced villain. Pissed off regular guy who figures out how to make a buck and gets kinda trapped into defending it at all costs. Keaton was really good, regardless...as usual.

Without the high tech suit he's not much of a villain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT