ADVERTISEMENT

Spin-Offs Better Than the Original?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
The Ted Lasso thread made me wonder how many spinoff shows were as good as or better than the original.

I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet because I'm coming up with zilch. But I'm sure you guys can get the ball rolling.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Not really a spinoff in the same sense, but I really liked the TV version of Stargate SG1. Both movie and show were great fun, imo, but with 100 times the viewing hours, the TV show gets the win.

TNG considered a spin off? I prefer TNG Star Trek to the Original Series,
Good one!

As much as I loved the original, given the choice, most times I'd rather re-watch other STs.

Now that I think of it, it may be time to restart DS9. The only benefit of getting old is that as memory fades, you can re-watch the greats sooner.

Reactions: BelemNole
Probably because I was really young when the latter was on TV...

Newhart > The Bob Newhart Show

And yes, after that finale, I'm counting Newhart as a spin off.

Facts of Life

tumblr_oiv32ruCtp1u501aoo1_400.gif

Going back, I’d go with Gomer Pyle over Mayberry.

I’ll agree with the previously mentioned NCIS and The Jeffersons.

I’d take Cheers over Frasier if can only pick one.

Reactions: artradley
I've not watched all of Better Call Saul but I think it might be better than Breaking Bad which is a really high bar to clear.
They are quite different, but I find I concur with your opinion.

Breaking Bad was definitely flashier and more exciting, but the character development, writing and pathos/comedy in Better Call Saul makes it just a small notch better IMO.

Both shows are brilliant, however.

The Ted Lasso thread made me wonder how many spinoff shows were as good as or better than the original.

I guess I haven't had enough coffee yet because I'm coming up with zilch. But I'm sure you guys can get the ball rolling.

TNG was much better than Star Trek.

Having seen 0 seconds of the show, is it reasonable to guess Young Sheldon can't possibly be more obnoxious than Big Bang Theory?
Young Sheldon is definitely better in my opinion and worth watching. I was never a big fan of BBT but still watched most of the first few years it was on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT