ADVERTISEMENT

Spoiler alert - This thread contains the final score tomorrow.

Will New Kirk pull any surprises? That is, something that would come as a surprise to the rest of us?

I anticipate a fast start for NW, something like this

NW: 10 - 7 - 3 - 0 = 20

and Iowa playing catch-up then winning with a big 4thQ

Iowa: 3 - 7 - 3 - 17 = 30 (4thQ pick 6 or fumble return TD)

......but FTR, I'll happily take any manner of victory.

2-0 Hawks

NW throws a 99 yard touchdown at last second, but gets called back, holding in endzone for safety. Move up to 16th in polls.

Playing the averages, Iowa's been forcing every offense it has played to perform below its season averages in both total and scoring O. I predict Northwestern to have a decent day moving the ball - netting around 200 yards through the air and 100 yards on the ground - scoring around 17 points.

I hope Iowa scores more. That is all ...

I guessed Iowa by 31-13, so I was even closer. :)

BTW, this is kind of a cool thread. Thanks, OP.

Last edited:
Tough, defensive, we give up some big plays but they kick a lot of field goals.

Hawks 24
Northwesten 19

(ducking from tomatoes and cabbage being tossed)

A healthy CJ is a comfortable win. 1-dimensional due to injuries means a stagnant offense and...
Northwestern 20
Iowa 13

I would LOVE to eat crow. In fact, I have a napkin tucked into my shirt with a knife and fork in my hands.

I originally predicted Hawks 16-10, but then I realized there is no way that happens unless Koehn misses an extra point. New Kirk doesn't kick three field goals. So I'll say Hawks 14-10.

Northwestern hits us early building a 21 - 0 lead at the half. Cj is ineffective due to injury and is pulled at the half. Tyler leads two scoring drives in the third for tds and the defense holds. 21 - 14 heading to the 4th. A 44 yards fg makes it 21 - 17 with about 6 Togo. NW goes on a 5:50 drive that ends in a punt downed at our 1. The last play of the game is a screen in the endzone to Tevaun Smith who turns and wings it down the left sideline to a wide open..... JAY SCHEEL who goes in untouched for the winning score! The hawk fans take both sets of field goals and walk down to wrigleyville to watch the cubs.

Iowa 24
NW 13

Iowa: 7 7 7 3 - 24
NW 3 0 3 7 -13

Thanks a lot--I read this thread and didn't bother watching the game. Looks like I missed out on a great humbling of Pat Fitzgerald and the _ildcat fans because I banked on a measly 11 point victory.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT