ADVERTISEMENT

Stacy Abrams deligitimizes an election and undermines democracy.

Yet...we never hear of anyone coming forward (much less 50 thousand of them) saying they weren't allowed to vote. Where are all the people freaking out that they had their constitutional right taken from them. 50,000 people in one state is enough to get an entire new election, I bet. Yet...not even FIFTY people are complaining about losing their vote. Funny.
People come forward. You just won't listen.

https://www.nj.com/opinion/index.ssf/2018/11/i_was_shocked_to_be_turned_away_at_the_polls_nj_mu.html

Those three people are from New Jersey. They should be turned away from the Georgia polls.

Thanks for proving me correct. You guys are claiming 50,000 in Georgia (you know...what this thread is about) weren't able to vote and as proof, you bring up 3 people in Jersey. Well done.
Detroit turned away some people because the polling places weren't give enough resources to have working voting machines. The point is that if you mess around with early voting dates or IDs or signatures or underfunding some of the polling places you suddenly have a systematic barrier against voting. You can cry foul that X number haven't come forward in Georgia but it's pretty clear that many of these same problems exist across the country.

And 50,000 or 10,000 or even 1,000 people probably won't come forward to the press to say that they couldn't vote. They'll just go home empty handed. It still doesn't mean they weren't denied.

And 50,000 or 10,000 or even 1,000 people probably won't come forward to the press to say that they couldn't vote. They'll just go home empty handed. It still doesn't mean they weren't denied.

So the blue wave wasn't big enough for ya, is that what you're saying?

Howcome no charges of this sort of crap comes out when dems win?

Detroit turned away some people because the polling places weren't give enough resources to have working voting machines. The point is that if you mess around with early voting dates or IDs or signatures or underfunding some of the polling places you suddenly have a systematic barrier against voting. You can cry foul that X number haven't come forward in Georgia but it's pretty clear that many of these same problems exist across the country.

Yeah...I responded to the guy claiming 50,000 GEORGIANS lost their vote. And you keep proving he's full of shit. Because I know you're searching hard to find some. I mean, even if you found ONE, you'd claim that as being the same as 50k. So there's no way you're not looking. And you can't find any.

But here you are in the Georgia thread where it's been claimed 50k people lost their vote and you keep coming back with Detroit and Jersey.

Thanks again for your support.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Yeah...I responded to the guy claiming 50,000 GEORGIANS lost their vote. And you keep proving he's full of shit. Because I know you're searching hard to find some. I mean, even if you found ONE, you'd claim that as being the same as 50k. So there's no way you're not looking. And you can't find any.

But here you are in the Georgia thread where it's been claimed 50k people lost their vote and you keep coming back with Detroit and Jersey.

Thanks again for your support.
Thanks for not reading the lawsuit link. You pretend that there was no problem but a federal lawsuit that forced the state of Georgia to stop denying thousands of registrations says that there probably is.

Why are you delegitimizing our democratic process? How un American of you.

Unlike Trump, who has literally deligitimized the democratic process, Abrams specifically referred to her opponent using their position to disenfranchise people in order to thwart the democratic process in one specific election. This was a legitimate and specific criticism of one individual.

It is and has always been Trump who makes broad attacks stating that elections are “rigged”, millions of illegals are voting, etc.

What is transparently clear is that you know this, but seem to think that pretending to be stupid and accusing your opponents of those things of which Trump is guilty you can deflect from his abhorrent behavior.

Unfortunately for you, no matter how much you try to deny, pretending to be stupid only serves to make you look stupid.

Traditionally, everybody had to vote on "Election Day".... there was no "early voting" or "late voting" or voting by mail.

You show up on election day if you want to vote. That's how it always was and how it should be.

I agree with this. But election “day” should be two days, and by federal law everybody in the country should be given at least one of those two days off.

Reactions: The Tradition
Thanks for not reading the lawsuit link. You pretend that there was no problem but a federal lawsuit that forced the state of Georgia to stop denying thousands of registrations says that there probably is.

Ok...there are lawsuits placed from out of state entities all the time. Surely, CNN, HuffPo or some other leftist bastion of bullshit would be creaming its drawers if they had a group of people. Again...you're claiming FIFTY THOUSAND.

Ok...there are lawsuits placed from out of state entities all the time. Surely, CNN, HuffPo or some other leftist bastion of bullshit would be creaming its drawers if they had a group of people. Again...you're claiming FIFTY THOUSAND.
Georgia settled and was forced to change their registration. And the lawsuit says 32,000.

Unlike Trump, who has literally deligitimized the democratic process, Abrams specifically referred to her opponent using their position to disenfranchise people in order to thwart the democratic process in one specific election. This was a legitimate and specific criticism of one individual.

It is and has always been Trump who makes broad attacks stating that elections are “rigged”, millions of illegals are voting, etc.

What is transparently clear is that you know this, but seem to think that pretending to be stupid and accusing your opponents of those things of which Trump is guilty you can deflect from his abhorrent behavior.

Unfortunately for you, no matter how much you try to deny, pretending to be stupid only serves to make you look stupid.
trump is being proven correct about rigged elections lately

BAU for democrats.
You are a black person and never tries to vote in an election in Georgia as a black person, I bet.......and this does not even mention the OBVIOUS conflict of interest the GOP candidate/Sec of State enjoyed in this election.......There is a legit reason for folks to question the veracity of this particular election. And in your heart of heart, you know it.

To me the truly un American act is to use things like voter IDs, reduced early voting days, less polling places, and harder access to being able to vote. Pointing out these hurdles to voting, as Abrams has, is actually very American.

Never in the history of this country has it been easier to vote. Yet, a sizeable portion of the High IQ Party can't figure out how to vote and then - only when they lose an election - claim it's intentional voter suppression based on race. Truly disgraceful.

Reactions: l.todd
Never in the history of this country has it been easier to vote. Yet, a sizeable portion of the High IQ Party can't figure out how to vote and then - only when they lose an election - claim it's intentional voter suppression based on race. Truly disgraceful.
Bitch all you want about it, but the courts decided that what Georgia did was wrong.

BAU response when you have nothing.
People that think differently than I do have the ability to be hypocritical, yet, I never fall into that trap and only have the ability to critically think and be objective.

Every election, regardless of who wins and who loses voter suppression is part of the pre- and post-election discussion. Does the discussion get louder in certain circumstances? Sure. On face value, this Georgia election deserves scrutiny and skepticism. Upon further investigation, the scrutiny and skepticism are more than well-earned.

It's surprising/not surprising that folks on the Right are unable to grant some understanding why this particular election stinks, especially in light of 2015/2016. Without evidence (other than the rare anecdote) voter fraud was a central rhetorical point for the GOP, hell, arguably central to the general GOP campaign messaging. A damn commission was put together to investigate baseless claims, led by the dude insistent that widespread voter fraud was a real problem. By the way—he, and the commission, found jack shit and has been shut down.

JFC at the very least I would think we should all be in general agreement that officiating one's own election process is a bad look.

Bitch all you want about it, but the courts decided that what Georgia did was wrong.

The US Supreme Court upheld an identical Ohio voter purge law last June - Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Inst., 138 S. Ct. 1833, 1844 (2018). So you couldn't be more incorrect and your making crap up.

Georgia and other states can target people who haven’t cast ballots in a while in efforts to purge their voting rolls, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday in an Ohio case that has drawn wide attention amid stark partisan divisions and the approach of the 2018 elections.

By a 5-4 vote that split the conservative and liberal justices, the court rejected arguments that the practice violates a federal law intended to increase the ranks of registered voters. A handful of other states also use voters’ inactivity to trigger a process that could lead to their removal from the voting rolls.

Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp said the decision helps protect the accuracy of voter lists.
https://politics.myajc.com/news/sta...s-states-like-georgia/TJZqgnWEAWOBvUMdB9eDOP/

How un American of her. Too bad she isn’t held to the same standard by the drive by media as they held Republicans too as they questioned what was happening in Florida. It is almost like there is a bias or something. Who would have thunk it.

No, our disgusting Faux POTUS delegitimized elections by saying people go out to their cars and put on a costume and return to vote again.

The US Supreme Court upheld an identical Ohio voter purge law last June - Husted v. A. Philip Randolph Inst., 138 S. Ct. 1833, 1844 (2018). So you couldn't be more incorrect and your making crap up.

Georgia and other states can target people who haven’t cast ballots in a while in efforts to purge their voting rolls, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Monday in an Ohio case that has drawn wide attention amid stark partisan divisions and the approach of the 2018 elections.

By a 5-4 vote that split the conservative and liberal justices, the court rejected arguments that the practice violates a federal law intended to increase the ranks of registered voters. A handful of other states also use voters’ inactivity to trigger a process that could lead to their removal from the voting rolls.

Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp said the decision helps protect the accuracy of voter lists.
https://politics.myajc.com/news/sta...s-states-like-georgia/TJZqgnWEAWOBvUMdB9eDOP/
Georgia conceded and ended the practice agreeing that it could no longer be applied. So your Ohio case isn't applicable. Keep trying.

Georgia conceded and ended the practice agreeing that it could no longer be applied. So your Ohio case isn't applicable. Keep trying.

Link please, I'm not relying on anything you post.

I love watching you blow a gasket over this. So much so that you even researched some Ohio decision that isn't even applicable. And post 46, Einstein.

Link was on page 2 not page 1.

Feb. 2017 settlement v. June 2018 Supreme Court decision on substantially identical law - did they not teach what law controls in your GED classes?

Do your know what legal precedent is? Supreme court ruled voter purges were legal - having trouble keeping up here?

Reactions: The Tradition
Link was on page 2 not page 1.

Feb. 2017 settlement v. June 2018 Supreme Court decision on substantially identical law - did they not teach what law controls in your GED classes?

Do your know what legal precedent is? Supreme court ruled voter purges were legal - having trouble keeping up here?
I am having trouble keeping up with your stupidity. The state of Georgia was sued. The court forced them to reverse their registration policy. And Georgia did. It doesn't matter what the other cases say. If one party settles then any legal precedence is out the window at that point.

I am having trouble keeping up with your stupidity. The state of Georgia was sued. The court forced them to reverse their registration policy. And Georgia did. It doesn't matter what the other cases say. If one party settles then any legal precedence is out the window at that point.

And even after all that, she still lost.

And even after all that, she still lost.
She did. But pablow is clearly wrong that Georgia had done nothing wrong here. Under their own admission they did. They even took preliminary measures to restore rolls prior to the election but after the introduction of the lawsuit. It was clearly a mitigating action to avoid further problems created by Kemp's office.

And it also give fuel and credence to Abrams complaint that their was a systematic suppression of votes. Maybe these specific voters got their registrations restored but what about the people who were turned away from other actions? What about a lack of infrastructure to cast votes as we have seen in other places like Detroit? Maybe registration was caught in the nick of time but if the ball was dropped so badly in that area, it seems reasonable to think that it was dropped in many other areas as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT