ADVERTISEMENT

Stalling and Steroids

LOL I love how whenever an Iowa wrestler loses its always because of stalling. Never any other reason, only stalling.
Well, normally I would agree. But given that okie st is known for playing the edge just like their coach was when he was wrestling, and that the rest of the wrestling world also acknowledges this, I’m gonna go ahead and say in this case....yeah. Oh, and the steroids LOL

Just admit that every time an Iowa wrestler loses you guys are going too use the excuse the other guy was stalling.
Well given Sanderson is sucking at the Smith teat when it comes to learning how to play the technicalities of the rules rather than the spirit, then yeah. The Iowa way IS the way when it comes to meeting the spirit of those rules. It’s bush league to play the edge and the technicalities as a standard team tactic. P U and dokie state combined got more lung breaks than everyone else, and that’s pretty common all season long....man up and wrestle

Well given Sanderson is sucking at the Smith teat when it comes to learning how to play the technicalities of the rules rather than the spirit, then yeah. The Iowa way IS the way when it comes to meeting the spirit of those rules. It’s bush league to play the edge and the technicalities as a standard team tactic. P U and dokie state combined got more lung breaks than everyone else, and that’s pretty common all season long....man up and wrestle
Maybe one day we can just take 1 or 2 shots the whole match then just throw legs in like the Cryowa wrestlers?

Reactions: gptakba and Dobsie
I understand that.You're being pedantic with the conventional english usage of the word steroid. Not the point of this thread. Stalling and PEDs doesn't have the same ring.

You proffer yourself as informed on PEDs previously implying people use them by beating testing without proof. It steals your credibility.

Sarm vs steroids is a big distinction. Your lack of understanding does not make it irrelevant. The sale and distribution of testosterone and its derivatives is a felony. It is a controlled substance per DEA and is usually injected (not always ie dianabol) leaving marks. Not so for SARMS which are taken orally and are not illegal. The ease of purchase online and route of administration of SARMS with its selective stimulation and no legal risk lends itself to abuse. Ostarine is the most common abused Sarm and is often found as a contaminant in unregulated supplements.

"Pedantic" LOL. You sound defensive. How is that online thesaurus working for you? This is pedantic--Steroids as PEDs are a 1980s holdover misnomer. A steroid is a 4 ring 17 carbon atom with 3 dimensional structure with both cis and trans isomers. Additional ligands (ie hydoxyl or methyl groups) change the functions
There are 3 major classes of steroids naturally manufactured by a human, glucocorticosteroids (control inflammation and blood sugar) , mineralcorticosteroids (control blood pressure) made in the adrenal glands and sex steroids (estrogen progesterone testosterone) made in the gonads. There can be peripheral conversion of any steroid hence "bitch tits", fluid retention, diabetes, hypertension etc

That was free form off the top of my head while watching the medal rounds so feel free to "google that shit"

You proffer yourself as informed on PEDs previously implying people use them by beating testing without proof. It steals your credibility.

Sarm vs steroids is a big distinction. Your lack of understanding does not make it irrelevant. The sale and distribution of testosterone and its derivatives is a felony. It is a controlled substance per DEA and is usually injected (not always ie dianabol) leaving marks. Not so for SARMS which are taken orally and are not illegal. The ease of purchase online and route of administration of SARMS with its selective stimulation and no legal risk lends itself to abuse. Ostarine is the most common abused Sarm and is often found as a contaminant in unregulated supplements.

"Pedantic" LOL. You sound defensive. How is that online thesaurus working for you? This is pedantic--Steroids as PEDs are a 1980s holdover misnomer. A steroid is a 4 ring 17 carbon atom with 3 dimensional structure with both cis and trans isomers. Additional ligands (ie hydoxyl or methyl groups) change the functions
There are 3 major classes of steroids naturally manufactured by a human, glucocorticosteroids (control inflammation and blood sugar) , mineralcorticosteroids (control blood pressure) made in the adrenal glands and sex steroids (estrogen progesterone testosterone) made in the gonads. There can be peripheral conversion of any steroid hence "bitch tits", fluid retention, diabetes, hypertension etc

That was free form off the top of my head while watching the medal rounds so feel free to "google that shit"

Ok bud. Have a few beers while we wait for finals and relax a bit.

Reactions: sstark46
Maybe one day we can just take 1 or 2 shots the whole match then just throw legs in like the Cryowa wrestlers?

One Iowa wrestler throws the legs in and it typically results in a pin. Seems like a good result. Guess the same can be said for taking chemicals to make yourself better especially when there is no repercussions.

Stop your cryin' bitch.

Ok bud. Have a few beers while we wait for finals and relax a bit.
We are "buddies" now? Oh goody! Vomit.
2k3ezd.jpg

I think the kid has matured and that’s what you want to see in a student athlete. The fact you cant acknowledged that kind of makes you a punk.
Hmmm... looks like ADS was pulled from the Parade of All Americans for disciplinary reasons. what was I supposed to acknowledge again?

Yes, Austin DeSanto, who wrestled his ass off and then graciously congratulated Fix on the mat for his hard earned victory. THAT Austin DeSanto is who you have problems with
This message didn’t age very well because 24 hours later he told a reporter he was going to kill her.

This message didn’t age very well because 24 hours later he told a reporter he was going to kill her.
Yep. Didn't age well at all. Very disappointed in Austin for whatever it was that he did that warranted the punishment given

The fundamental question is whether or not someone can change. The situations are immaterial. Either someone can change or they can't - it shouldn't matter whether or not the individual in question wrestles for the team you support or root against.
People CAN change = ADS has matured under the Brands Bros and Fix served his suspension and moved on.
People CANNOT change = ADS is a punk and Fix is a cheater.
Obviously people can change, but not all offenses are the same. You are comparing a seatbelt violation to drunk driving.
IMO there is no greater offense in sports that ped use, knowingly trying to cheat against someone following the rules. A 1 year ban that impacts zero events or opportunities is pathetic.
If you dont agree with that then let me point out, a bank employee who steals money might change, they might serve their sentence and they may seek and attain a level of forgiveness, but they will never be allowed to work in a bank ever again.
Once a thief....

Obviously people can change, but not all offenses are the same. You are comparing a seatbelt violation to drunk driving.
IMO there is no greater offense in sports that ped use, knowingly trying to cheat against someone following the rules. A 1 year ban that impacts zero events or opportunities is pathetic.
If you dont agree with that then let me point out, a bank employee who steals money might change, they might serve their sentence and they may seek and attain a level of forgiveness, but they will never be allowed to work in a bank ever again.
Once a thief....
Ever see the movie Catch Me If You Can?
OK, you've convinced me. ADS has matured on the Brands Bros watch (the incident that kept him out of the team celebration notwithstanding) and Fix is a cheater. Honestly, I don't give a rat's gluteus about Fix because RBY beat him, horrendous stall calls notwithstanding.

Ever see the movie Catch Me If You Can?
OK, you've convinced me. ADS has matured on the Brands Bros watch (the incident that kept him out of the team celebration notwithstanding) and Fix is a cheater. Honestly, I don't give a rat's gluteus about Fix because RBY beat him, horrendous stall calls notwithstanding.

I'm ok with stall calls but only if they are applied consistently by the ref. Angel just up and decided he was going to start calling them to make the match more interesting.

About the only stall call I hate is when they do it in the last 30 secs against the guy who has been hustling all match taking shots etc while the guy who hasn't suddenly gets interested in scoring.

TLDR

To be honest, I think almost every athlete takes steroids. I mean, do you see their stats and how they perform, especially compared to the old school athletes? That's pure insanity! However, I'm not saying they all take illegal steroids. I think most of them take legal steroids like D-Bal max and others. I don't have anything against this, as I also take D-Bal max as I'm trying to become a body-builder. I was pretty skeptical about it back in the day. But, after reading this review https://www.laweekly.com/d-bal-max-review-does-d-bal-max-the-strongest-legal-steroids/ I understood there is nothing wrong in taking it.

Last edited:
Why don't we let everyone use any kind of steroids they want? That way, we wouldn't have to test athletes on that stuff anymore. No one would be afraid of someone finding out they used steroids twenty years ago. I still think that most athletes use steroids. Some are better at keeping it from USADA, WADA, or other testing companies. I'm sure some steroids won't pop on their tests. Let them do whatever they want. If everyone used steroids, no one would have an unfair advantage. I use peptides from paradigmpeptides.com now because I feel better with them than steroids, but I'm sure they're banned too.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT