ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley- on the Mt Rushmore of Iowa QBs?

Elihawk

HR Legend
Oct 5, 2001
What does Stanley need to do to be considered the best QB in Iowa history, in your opinion? Not going to start a poll, just your thoughts on this. I know, based on some preseason threads, that for a few of you, there just is no way he will ever be considered the best. Barring injury, by the end of the year Stanley will likely have the all time record for TDs, an incredible Td/Int ratio and will be probably be second in total yards. Short of some weird bowl match up, he will never have lost to ISU...and at worst will have won 2 and likely 3 in rivals game versus the Gophers and Nebraska. Not to mention he is 2-0 starting bowl game. Signature wins...well the Outback bowl last year, the shellacking of tOSU, three wins over ISU. and 19 wins in two years as a starter with a 4-0 2019 start.

Okay, my opinion. Long and Stanzi are the two guys to beat. If we are going on great SINGLE seasons, you have Banks and Beathard each authoring great one year seasons that are all time greats. Long was a completely different era, so we are just going to have that generation "hard to compare"...

What does Stanley have to do? Well, IMHO 10 plus wins with good stats, and another Outback bowl caliber win would make him very least top 2 or three without any question! Now, if he gets us 11 plus wins and just outside the playoff consideration (like 2015), again assuming a great season statistically, which it will likely take to get there...then I think you have to make him at least 1B. If he goes undefeated and get a BT championship, is that enough?

Reactions: iamia
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News