ADVERTISEMENT

Star Trek SNW......

I really enjoyed it. It was No less plausible than Spock having his brain cut out by some women and then having McCoy Pilot him around like an RC car or Wesley falling Into a bush during a game of Touch football and be sentenced to death. And in the new episode we get some decent song s.

Ok, did anyone else interested in ST see what they did last night? WTH was that? Roddenberry had to be turning over in his grave last night. So disappointed in this season.
+1.

And not only was it ridiculous and a real bitch of a chore to watch for an hour, but they place it in the penultimate episode position of a season??

It has Star Trek in its name, but its (so far) pretty much a parody of almost all previous Treks. Hoping it changes and gets better, especially after whenever this strike ends, but won't hold my breath.

Reactions: Hawkman34
Didn't watch it. So disappointed in SNW. Could have been a great show. 90% of the time Pike is cooking something.
They had 10 episodes, and one of them was a Freaky Friday type deal with Spock, one was a crossover with a cartoon (which wasn't so bad), and then this one. It's not a science fiction show; it's fantasy.

It's just content they can sell. There is no heart behind any of it.

You’re thinking of Disco and the first two seasons of Picard. Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks and Prodigy have a lot of fan service, attention to lore and really well written episodes.

Reactions: ELCHawk
Didn't watch it. So disappointed in SNW. Could have been a great show. 90% of the time Pike is cooking something.
They had 10 episodes, and one of them was a Freaky Friday type deal with Spock, one was a crossover with a cartoon (which wasn't so bad), and then this one. It's not a science fiction show; it's fantasy.

Uh huh, now think about every other series of Star Trek. They jump into alternate dimensions where there are bad versions of good characters and Vice versa, transporter accidents where Kirk gets split into two where one is a pussy and the other is psychotic, Q forces the entire bridge crew to reenact Robin Hood, Dr Crusher humps A ghost that had been possessing her grandmother, Janeway and Paris are turned into the future forms of humanity that look like salamanders and hump to create a space baby that is never discussed, Picard lives out an entire timeline in his head and magically learns the flute….

In other words, quit being a whiny bitch and enjoy some fun episodes.

Uh huh, now think about every other series of Star Trek. They jump into alternate dimensions where there are bad versions of good characters and Vice versa, transporter accidents where Kirk gets split into two where one is a pussy and the other is psychotic, Q forces the entire bridge crew to reenact Robin Hood, Dr Crusher humps A ghost that had been possessing her grandmother, Janeway and Paris are turned into the future forms of humanity that look like salamanders and hump to create a space baby that is never discussed, Picard lives out an entire timeline in his head and magically learns the flute….

In other words, quit being a whiny bitch and enjoy some fun episodes.
Sorry that it bothers you that I'm more discriminating in my entertainment than you are. Hope I didn't spoil your weekend by expressing my opinion in this board.

I haven't seen it yet, as I am 2 weeks behind but I love the show. It doesn't take itself to seriously. I like Discovery and the first two seasons of Picard, but that was one critique I have of both those shows.

The only episode I did not give an 8 or greater too on trekbbs was the fairy tale episode in season 1. That is my least favorite NuTrek episode ever. I was worried about the LD crossover, but damn it was perfectly done.

Plus Jess Bush, who plays Chappell, is hot as Hell. Plus her acting has made Chappell a good character unlike the original one made in the sexist 60's.

Thought it said "nsfw"..

deanna-troi-1.gif

You’re thinking of Disco and the first two seasons of Picard. Strange New Worlds, Lower Decks and Prodigy have a lot of fan service, attention to lore and really well written episodes.

I can almost speak all the lines in some of TOS episodes. I liked TNG, DS9 and Voyager. This stuff? Ehhh

This is the same thing Disney is doing with Marvel and Star Wars; Beat it to Death.

I will add also that the songs were pretty good (that was a surprise, as well as the fact that the cast all sang the songs)....but the minute I saw the Klingons dancing I about spit my drink out in laughter. I do want to see the writing get better and hope it will. But, I know that Alex Kurtzman was the one who decimated the first two seasons of Picard and he is also involved with SNW. He destroys everything Star Trek that he touches. For the last season of Picard they ditched him and brought in superfan Terry Matalas to lead the way and he knocked it out of the park. I hope they bring him in on SNW as well.

I haven't seen it yet, as I am 2 weeks behind but I love the show. It doesn't take itself to seriously. I like Discovery and the first two seasons of Picard, but that was one critique I have of both those shows.
Have you watched the third season of Picard? Outstanding...saved the entire series.

Reactions: noleclone2
Have you watched the third season of Picard? Outstanding...saved the entire series.
I didn't hate the first two seasons of Picard. They were just a bit disappointing. Season 3 is what everyone wanted. I realize Stewart didn't want a TNG reunion when he signed on. However, that was a big mistake. Imagine 3 seasons with Matalas in charge and the TNG crew? It would have been phenomenal.

Even knowing Stewart made a mistake, he is still my all time favorite actor.

BTW, want to know I am a geek? My 5favorite actors of all time are:

1. Stewart
2. Jonathan Frakes
3. Avery Brooks
4. Scott Bakula
5. Colm Meaney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT