ADVERTISEMENT

Stats of the night

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
Indiana lost while shooting 54% from the floor and 53% from 3. They also shot one more ft than us. So how did we win?

Hawks were 22/25 from the ft line. That was BADLY needed after the last few games. Another huge stat, Iowa had 4 more offesive rebounds than Indiana which was also the margin for the game.

Individual stats? Don't need to go over Kris, he had another fantastic game.

Rebraca is my new favorite player taking the role away from Perkins. 19 points and 10 boards while drawing all the defensive work on TJD.

Connor McCaffery, who most on here have really come to appreciate, dropped 16 points while going 6-6 from the line.

Josh Dix played a significant amount of minutes in the second half and hit a huge three.

My only complaint is that I still want to see Mulvey play more. He hasn't done anything wrong in those minutes he gets.

Indiana lost while shooting 54% from the floor and 53% from 3. They also shot one more ft than us. So how did we win?

Hawks were 22/25 from the ft line. That was BADLY needed after the last few games. Another huge stat, Iowa had 4 more offesive rebounds than Indiana which was also the margin for the game.

Rebraca is my new favorite player taking the role away from Perkins. 19 points and 10 boards while drawing all the defensive work on TJD.

Connor McCaffery, who most on here have really come to appreciate, dropped 16 points while going 6-6 from the line.

Josh Dix played a significant amount of minutes in the second half and hit a huge three.

My only complaint is that I still want to see Mulvey play more. He hasn't done anything wrong in those minutes he gets.
5 - the average number of times fans at home thought about going to bed in the first 10 minutes of the game. 😉

Ulis -14 in ten minutes of playing time.
His game hasn't really progressed much since he arrived on campus. I would agree with some others on here in doling out some more of his minutes to Bowen and Dix. Fran also needs to coach the guards to not push up low percentage contested wild shots inside the paint. It's happening way too often on drives to the basket and offensive rebounds. It's almost a guaranteed block or miss. They need to either quickly find someone else to pass to or dribble back out to reset the offense. Ulis, Perkins and Bowen waste a lot of possessions this way.

Who is Mulvey going to get minutes from?

Who is Mulvey going to get minutes from?
Well if Kris keeps playing 40 minutes coming off a leg injury, and 38 min for FR, I think we're in trouble against Michigan, and Purdue, and some others. With Josh out, (for how long we don't know), Mulvey needs to get on the floor for a few minutes. Fran should have worked him more in the easier games, but thats water under the bridge now. At minimum I think FR needs to get 5 to 8 minutes off, and at least 5-6 for Kris. Unfortunately we don't have another big on the whole team right now, so its time for him to put on his big boy pants.

Tony Perkins is a mystery to me. He's playing like he did last January BEFORE he was inserted into the starting line-up. He not necessarily playing poorly, he just isn't playing great. He looked like an emerging star in February and March last year.

Was the 2nd half of the season last year just a hot streak?

Perkins is a mystery to me too. Like you said not playing Poorly. But I was expecting more.

Aaron is decent with the ball, but he really does need to generate some offense..
I gave up on Ulis's offenese along time ago like I gave up on Petras scoring points. He can't score, even when he drives he avoids contact and misses layups. He makes free throws so just needs to get to the line.

Tony Perkins is a mystery to me. He's playing like he did last January BEFORE he was inserted into the starting line-up. He not necessarily playing poorly, he just isn't playing great. He looked like an emerging star in February and March last year.

Was the 2nd half of the season last year just a hot streak?
I think he is playing out of position. He was a 2 guard with JBo at the point. I would prefer Bowen at point and Perkins moved back to the two.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT