ADVERTISEMENT

Stevo Poulin

Interesting. Did I read correctly once that his father promotes him bigtime? As in, he might be "one of those dads" that tends to over-manage his kid's career? If so, I would suspect Cael doesn't go there.
I think this is would be right down Cael's alley. If the kid is really good then I'm sure the PS wrestling club could use an assistant coach in two years.
Big money and then his son could work a couple of summer camps:rolleyes:

That 7th grader is exceptional...I am from NY and Zack Ryder has been a kid that everyone expected to be very good. I am just not sure anyone thought it would happen this quickly..But, given his work ethic and natural talent, there has always been a feeling that it was a question of how many, not if, he'd eventually be a state titlist.

That was also the third time this season they have wrestled. So, after a while both guys kind of get a feel for what the other likes to do and because of that familiarity, the margin tends to be a little closer.

As far as Stevo and college, until given a reason to think otherwise, I'd say 99 percent to NC State. His club coach is Frank Popolizio and in recent years, Raleigh has become a popular destination among upstate New Yorkers.

I cannot speak for what his dad may have done in the past, but in the time I have known the family, they have always come across like humble, unassuming people...As was already stated, the video was meant to be fun; it was never about promoting their kid and they regret doing it in hindsight.

Last edited:
As far as Stevo and college, until given a reason to think otherwise, I'd say 99 percent to NC State. His club coach is Frank Popolizio and in recent years, Raleigh has become a popular destination among upstate New Yorkers.
No inside info, but I also would guess NC State. Popolizio has strong ties to the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT