ADVERTISEMENT

Still hurts in a weird way

It always bothers me when I see a team lose a game it had no business losing. You play well, you lose to another good team, so be it. Half the teams who play every week lose. So it's not just the result, it's how that result occurred, and any way you slice it, Iowa handed the game to its opponent yesterday. Give the opponent credit too. They took advantage of Iowa's foolish, inconsistent play and predictable, "play-it-safe" late-game offense that put the pressure on the defense yet again.

But the older I get, the less concerned I am about it. It's just a football game, after all, and with democracy in the balance this fall, the football is definitely not worth worrying about. But it's still crazy to lose the way KF lost yesterday.

I think it’s not nearly as bad as people think it is.

Most acknowledged & agreed that there would early season growing pains on offense. We are seeing that now.

Actually, I think the offense could be a tick ahead of schedule compared to what people were reporting from camp. It will come & Iowa will still win 9 or 10 games.

It always bothers me when I see a team lose a game it had no business losing. You play well, you lose to another good team, so be it. Half the teams who play every week lose. So it's not just the result, it's how that result occurred, and any way you slice it, Iowa handed the game to its opponent yesterday. Give the opponent credit too. They took advantage of Iowa's foolish, inconsistent play and predictable, "play-it-safe" late-game offense that put the pressure on the defense yet again.

But the older I get, the less concerned I am about it. It's just a football game, after all, and with democracy in the balance this fall, the football is definitely not worth worrying about. But it's still crazy to lose the way KF lost yesterday.
What is so sad about Kirk's predictability is on the road with 3 minutes left Campbell decided to punt it knowing Kirk's conservativeness and predictability would ensure he'd get one more possession.

I had low expectations going into the season, but after a 40-0 start, I thought we were a legit #10-12 playoff contender. Is ISU that good? We that bad?

Just not sure how I feel other than a bit pissy lol
I'm not as pissed as I should be. I'm moreso just ready to wipe my hands of this Kirk Ball philosophy that ultimately cost us the game.

you really think playoffs after beating Illinois St. ? you realize that's a little bit irrational, maybe just a little?

I guess I really started watching iowa in the late 80's. beat up on hawaii and utah st.- early games. did not make me think national champ.

one time I think hayden and the crew went to hawaii and lost. I know for a fact one time they went to Tulsa and lost, I think it was like 1996.

you really think playoffs after beating Illinois St. ? you realize that's a little bit irrational, maybe just a little?

I guess I really started watching iowa in the late 80's. beat up on hawaii and utah st.- early games. did not make me think national champ.

one time I think hayden and the crew went to hawaii and lost. I know for a fact one time they went to Tulsa and lost, I think it was like 1996.
Iowa had a chance to go 11-1 or 10-2 and be a fringe playoff team. Those chances are gone now. Teams that lose to Iowa State don't make the playoffs. Yes, it is a perception issue.

• Haha
Reactions: eyesofhawk
The game was well in hand and essentially won. And then Cade throws a terrible pick and the wheels fell off the offense. Cade shits his pants and becomes Deacon Hill 2.0. KF won’t do anything to steer the Titanic off course, and we sink.

Predictable as hell.
Captain Kirk is literally the Captain on the Titanic who said "this ship is unsinkable" and then ended up going down with the ship......................

Don't you mean the Republic.

I think there is a parallel to what you’re feeling to the energy of the crowd Saturday. Very amped to concerned to resigned to our fate. At some point it donned on everyone it really isn’t going to be different until he leaves

I've already forgotten about it.
Sad, but I had the same feeling. Guess I'm getting older. I use to lose my shit over a loss like this. With all the money involved now, I've realized it is just a game.

Of the dozen in our tailgate group, eight of us are contemplating giving up our season tickets. The drive gets harder every year for my wife and me. We figured earlier this year, that we have driven over 150,000 miles and flown over 70,000 miles to watch our beloved Hawks. We'll still come to a couple games each year but too many other things we want to do in our twilight years.

We will be back for Washington and have OSU tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT