ADVERTISEMENT

Stoll!

he will aa this year. he is using his size and strength better along with a great strategy of using the push outs to his advantage

He's starting to ride like a beast!! Losing to #1 could have put him down, he came back and then some. I agree thompsonja, AA for sure.

Reactions: whejoe
Ok, is it too early to THINK, just THINK, that he could have a better career than Telford? No disrespect to Bobby, but for conversation's sake....

Could..?? He will be better than BT, who peaked in the first half of his Iowa career...
Idk if I'd say he peaked in the first half. He got hurt in he tourney his sophomore year. Who knows how his confidence or body would've been if he hadn't gotten hurt. Also he wrestled 1 bad match at nationals his senior year. It just happened to be the first round against a guy that had a Brewer seed because of not enough matches.

Telford would have never lost by major. Stollhouse got ridden for 8 Min in 2 matches. Sam wins by being a giant

Reactions: 9Hawks
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I think it's correct to be encouraged by his performance, howerver he needs to get better on the bottom and improve his leg attacks. Liked what I saw in the 3rd place match very much. Brought it right to the end.

I think, at this point only, (again, just for conversation, not getting the award shelves open for him yet) that Stoll will have a better career. He's getting his endurance under control, and is starting to be a force on top. If he keeps getting to the legs, we may have a high AA in his first year. Regardless, a big sigh of relief knowing that heavy is no longer a weight of concern, with only losses to current #4 and #1. Now, 141.....

I'm just excited to see that Stoll has clearly worked hard this past year. It looks like AA isn't out of the question this year. I expect him to be even better by March. Keep working hard!

Telford would have never lost by major. Stollhouse got ridden for 8 Min in 2 matches. Sam wins by being a giant
Is there not a weight limit? Who exactly is he gigantic over, and why is that a bad thing? Was Telford tiny all those years and my TV was blurry?

Yeah, he needs some work on bottom, and on his feet. Like a lot of redshirt freshman do. He took 3rd at his 1st Midlands while eligible to score points for Iowa. Pretty good day I'd say.

i dont understand after 4 or 5 years why a 285 pounder isnt full size and pretty ripped, or at least have some definition....?? Does any 285 pounders have to cut a lot of weight..? What did Telford weigh..??

i dont understand after 4 or 5 years why a 285 pounder isnt full size and pretty ripped, or at least have some definition....?? Does any 285 pounders have to cut a lot of weight..? What did Telford weigh..??
I thought guys were saying Sammy Stoll had to cut last year to make 285. Don't know if that's true or not, or what he tips the scales at these days. He did have to get down to 264 this summer for Greco Worlds I believe (?).

Didn't Big Bob get majored by the Russion as a RS Frosh in the Okie dual? You don't have to answer because the answer is yes.

Is Stoll going to be Big Bob? We don't know that yet but let's give the kid some credit, he just finished 3rd at The Midlands. Not bad for a guy who many had written off as a bust before this season even began. Stoll needs to keep building and get better underneath (like most frosh) and start believing in his offense but he is showing a lot of promise.

Kole Conrad was about as big as they get.
I remember seeing Conrad winning a Bellator event in MMA, and couldn't believe how "flabby" he was. I know he was a big dude and wasn't to be confused with Brock Lesnar, his physique just shocked me for some reason for as tough as he was. He basically had zero muscle definition anywhere.

Push outs?
push outs to gain stalling points. stoll is big and strong and uses that underhook tech to get other heavies uncomfortable and out of position. either he will get the stall call or wear them down and make them get out of position. great strategy to go along with being better on top. i can see sammy AA 4-6.

push outs to gain stalling points. stoll is big and strong and uses that underhook tech to get other heavies uncomfortable and out of position. either he will get the stall call or wear them down and make them get out of position. great strategy to go along with being better on top. i can see sammy AA 4-6.
I don't know why an Iowa wrestler can't be lauded without another Iowa wrestler or former one being dissed.

Reactions: icu81222
I don't know why an Iowa wrestler can't be lauded without another Iowa wrestler or former one being dissed.
i hope ur not referring to my comment that i'm not giving him his due because i think he's doing an excellent job. i'm just really technical and i like the strategy he uses. all wrestlers have strategies that work for them i just pointed out the one thats working for him. and i did mention he will be AA 4-6

From what I've seen from Stoll this year I wouldn't feel confident saying he will AA this year.

Is it just me or has he already changed his body in the past couple months?

Maybe a different singlet but less seems to pour out of his uniform. ..

Is it just me or has he already changed his body in the past couple months?

Maybe a different singlet but less seems to pour out of his uniform. ..

If you think he's different now compared to 6 weeks ago, you should have seen him last year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT