ADVERTISEMENT

Question: Spencer Lee

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
What was the last freestyle match that he lost? I know, I should pay more attention to freestyle…

Anyone know if Spencer blew his knee to shreds at trials or not? Or if he’s strong as a buck and gonna be ready to go for the qualifier

Not counting the forfeit at the Open last year, it was Fix at Cadet Trials in 2015. Prior to that was Cadet Worlds when he was in 8th grade
I can't remember which tournament, but the forfeit happened after he lost and he didn't continue to wrestleback. WTT? I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up.

• Haha
Reactions: johnyt9
I can't remember which tournament, but the forfeit happened after he lost and he didn't continue to wrestleback. WTT? I don't remember and don't feel like looking it up.
I don’t think that is correct…
He did win to the semi’s of last year’s US Open and then didn’t take the mat against Suriano.

Like was said before, Fix ad Cadet trials.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Anyone know if Spencer blew his knee to shreds at trials or not? Or if he’s strong as a buck and gonna be ready to go for the qualifier
What The Hell Wtf GIF by CBC

I think it also pertains to which club paid the entry fees for that specific tournament.

If TMWC pays he wears their singlet, if HWC pays he wears theirs instead.
Why wouldn't HWC pay the entry fee for their ONE top-level athlete? It would have been nice to see him win trials with HWC on his chest. This is marketing 101 stuff lol.

Why wouldn't HWC pay the entry fee for their ONE top-level athlete? It would have been nice to see him win trials with HWC on his chest. This is marketing 101 stuff lol.
Everyone that watched the team trials knows who Spencer wrestles for. That I guarantee. Plus anyone that’s heard him speak would know, he’s always saying nice things about Iowa.

Everyone that watched the team trials knows who Spencer wrestles for. That I guarantee. Plus anyone that’s heard him speak would know, he’s always saying nice things about Iowa.
That still doesn’t make it any less of a marketing blunder for our program.

The best HWC wrestler should be competing with HWC across his chest, just like the guys at NLWC do.

Cael knows how to operate and promote a top level organization in addition to being an elite wrestler and coach. Tom knows a lot about wrestling lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
From what I saw, almost all the top guys wore titan mercury.
I don’t think a single NLWC athlete wore anything other than NLWC attire at trials, besides Dake, and I’m pretty sure he wore one in the earlier rounds.

Gilman, Zane, Taylor, Brooks, Snyder all wore NLWC singlets in the finals.

We obviously have much bigger issues than what singlet Spencer wears, but it just further proves how TNT don’t understand how to sell their program. Again, we have ONE top-level athlete in our RTC, and we couldn’t even pay his admission to the Olympic trials?

Reactions: artradley
I don’t think a single NLWC athlete wore anything other than NLWC attire at trials, besides Dake, and I’m pretty sure he wore one in the earlier rounds.

Gilman, Zane, Taylor, Brooks, Snyder all wore NLWC singlets in the finals.

We obviously have much bigger issues than what singlet Spencer wears, but it just further proves how TNT don’t understand how to sell their program. Again, we have ONE top-level athlete in our RTC, and we couldn’t even pay his admission to the Olympic trials?
Guess I wasn’t paying much attention to it. I recall seeing a lot of TM gear being worn across all clubs. I get your point about improving the brand.

Reactions: GlenHawk
That still doesn’t make it any less of a marketing blunder for our program.

The best HWC wrestler should be competing with HWC across his chest, just like the guys at NLWC do.

Cael knows how to operate and promote a top level organization in addition to being an elite wrestler and coach. Tom knows a lot about wrestling lol.
TMWC throws a lot of money out to support wrestlers. It’s a good thing we have them. This type of thing has been going on for years.
And it’s really not a blunder. Everyone knows he is a member of & trains with the HWC.

TMWC throws a lot of money out to support wrestlers. It’s a good thing we have them. This type of thing has been going on for years.
And it’s really not a blunder. Everyone knows he is a member of & trains with the HWC.
Not a blunder per se but it would have been better had he worn a HWC singlet. Some youngster somewhere might be impressed by that. Small things build into big things over time.

Not a blunder per se but it would have been better had he worn a HWC singlet. Some youngster somewhere might be impressed by that. Small things build into big things over time.
You’re trying to make this something it isn’t. There have been “money” clubs supporting wrestlers for years and it hasn’t been negative. Once again a psu fan here critiquing our wrestling program. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: vhsalum
What about the money from the HWC? Where’s that money go?

What about the money from the HWC? Where’s that money go?
Paying coaches and athletes salaries and living expenses I would assume.
I really have no insight how senior level athletes expenses get paid but it seems the only guys not wearing TMWC singlets is NLWC athletes and WCAP athletes.
Remember prior to the RTC model most of these guys were coaching full time while training. I don’t see repping the singlet as a big deal at all

Reactions: T8KUDWN
You’re trying to make this something it isn’t. There have been “money” clubs supporting wrestlers for years and it hasn’t been negative. Once again a psu fan here critiquing our wrestling program. 🤷‍♂️
I'm sorry. I thought I was critiquing RTC marketing and not the wrestling program. The point stands whether I'm a PSU fan or not. You want as many of your singlets on the wrestling mat as possible. It's good marketing for donors and young wrestlers alike.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT