ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops

How good of a recruit is he considered? Are we making a big deal out of nothing?

QUOTE="bigfridaynite, post: 4915060, member: 9270"][/QUOTE]

He isn't even ranked by 247 sports, has offers from Iowa, Memphis, Ohio, Arkansas State, and Air Force. My guess is they will make him a 2-star.

3300 plus receiving yards, 39 touchdowns in 3 years at a school that is something like 6A in Norman. His measurables are not what a program looks for necessarily. The stats seem strong to me. Worth the offer!

In 3 yrs. we could have 2 legendary Iowa names catching passes. Stoops and Brooks.

Maybe get his brother to walk on I can't help to think a couple Stoops in the locker room and/or football field wouldn't be a positive for a program.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
He seems to want to be a "playmaker". I think he and Samson are fairly similar in knowing exactly where the end zone is and trying to get every yard possible. I agree that he would be a good guy foe the locker room as well. Hopefully we will see if his skill set translates. It's another offer, we will see what comes of it.

Be a huge get for the hawks. Coaches kids are always good players
Shut your mouth.
2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

Yep, the real question is can he coach? Wouldn't it be funny if Iowa finally landed Stoops (2.0) as its head coach?

Surely he'll produce as either a player or a coach. Or both. Kinda makes him like a 6-star recruit in my book.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Yep, the real question is can he coach? Wouldn't it be funny if Iowa finally landed Stoops (2.0) as its head coach?

Surely he'll produce as either a player or a coach. Or both. Kinda makes him like a 6-star recruit in my book.
I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Here is an interesting thought. In January, teams can add a 10th coach. Do you think Stoops told KF that if he signs his kid (and gives his twin brother a preferred walkon), that he'll come coach? Might've been burnt out on the HC thing, but maybe still wants to coach? Just a wild thought. It would be amazing if my little pipe dream came true. I think he might be able to help just a little with recruiting as well.

Shut your mouth.
2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg
Lil John was a smart player, just lacked the physical attributes to be a Div 1 player. He knew the game and what to do.

Most coaches kids have been around the game and know what to do and when to do it. Hell the kid is the school record holder in receiving yards. Hell its worth a shot, our WR talent is on par w/UNI right now. I’d say give anyone a shot.

Here is an interesting thought. In January, teams can add a 10th coach. Do you think Stoops told KF that if he signs his kid (and gives his twin brother a preferred walkon), that he'll come coach? Might've been burnt out on the HC thing, but maybe still wants to coach? Just a wild thought. It would be amazing if my little pipe dream came true. I think he might be able to help just a little with recruiting as well.

No. The kid got an offer because he’s good

When Stoops camped at Iowa this past summer, it was reported that he was the best receiver there. I think at that point, even Max Duggan if my memory serves me also commented as to Stoops being the best receiver he had thrown to at any camp.

LOL, I think the Stoops brother walks on, and Bobby becomes our special teams coach. LOL

Reactions: Muskie5
Last 2* star recruit coaches kid from Oklahoma turned out pretty good for Iowa. He's now playing TE for the 49ers.

I just hope he comes to Iowa so for 4 to 5 years we can have people on here talking about how maybe his dad will come back to Iowa to coach him.

Hope you give your verbal to the hawks Drake. I think we all would like seeing you performing well on the field with your Dad sitting in the stands cheering you on.

He is considered to have great hands, always an asset for a receiver

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT