ADVERTISEMENT

STOP it with the bubble talk! This team is NOT making the NCAA tournament!

Exactly what was said last year at this time. “This team won’t even be on the bubble”. I said true, they’ll be easily in. And was right.
Fine.

If Iowa doesn't make the NCAA tournament, you are only allowed to make pessimistic posts that agree with other Iowa fans' pessimistic posts until after next football season is over with.

Deal?

The worst part is they really cant afford any more bad losses. The remaining schedule is loaded with chances of that happening. Maryland, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana and Minnesota are all 90 and below in the net. Quad1 chanches are limited with Illinois twice, Wisconsin and Michigan State. I currently feel like we could be right on the bubble w/o any quad1 wins but need to run the table on the Quad2 and below games which there will be 7 of those and win at least 1 game in BIG10 tourney. Buckle up!!

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I had a ceiling of 6 wins and a floor of 4 a few weeks back. I think I might have been on the low side given the last several games. If Dix starts the rest of the way, I think they could get to 8 conference wins. I don't think it gets them in, but they're a lot closer than I thought.

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

I feel like we can beat Wisconsin at home and Michigan on the road. Freeman and Dix need to continue playing well. The rest is just holding serve.

NIT would be better for this team. At least then maybe they could win a game or two.

Looking at the last 13 games on the schedule (pre-BTT), there is not a single game on there that they can't win if they show up and play well.

But on the flip side, if they don't show up or can't hit the broad side of a barn, 0-13 is not completely off the table either.

There's 8 games on the schedule that wouldn't be viewed as "crippling" losses to the resume for a bubble team; @ IU, vs Ohio St, @ Maryland, vs Wisky, @ MSU, @ Illinois, @ NW and vs Illinois.

The other 5 are ones they absolutely can not lose if they want to have any shot at the Big Dance, combined with a couple wins vs likely/locked NCAA teams; those 5 are vs MD, @ Michigan, @ PSU, vs Minnesota and vs PSU.

Here's hoping they can pull 3+ rabbits out their hat - as well as win the games they'll actually be favored in - and go 8-5 or better to finish out the regular season.

They need some Quad 1 wins bad! Where do they get em…
Remaining schedule using today's NET rankings

Quad 1:
vs Wisconsin (2/17)
@ Michigan State (2/20)
@ Illinois (2/24)
vs Illinois (3/10)

Quad 2:
@ Michigan (1/27)
@ Indiana (1/30)
vs Ohio State (2/2)
@ Penn State (2/8) *could be a Q3
@ Maryland (2/14)
@ jNW (3/2) *could be a Q1

Quad 3:
vs Maryland (1/24)
vs Minnesota (2/11)
vs Penn State (2/27)

Last edited:
Reactions: warriors dad
Remaining schedule using today's NET rankings

Quad 1:
vs Wisconsin (2/17)
@ Michigan State (2/20)
@ Illinois (2/24)
vs Illinois (3/10)

Quad 2:
@ Michigan (1/27)
@ Indiana (1/30)
vs Ohio State (2/2)
@ Penn State (2/8) *could be a Q3
@ Maryland (2/14)
@ jNW (3/2) *could be a Q1

Quad 3:
vs Maryland (1/24)
vs Penn State (2/27)
Minnesota at home would also be a Quad3 game

Looking at the last 13 games on the schedule (pre-BTT), there is not a single game on there that they can't win if they show up and play well.

But on the flip side, if they don't show up or can't hit the broad side of a barn, 0-13 is not completely off the table either.

There's 8 games on the schedule that wouldn't be viewed as "crippling" losses to the resume for a bubble team; @ IU, vs Ohio St, @ Maryland, vs Wisky, @ MSU, @ Illinois, @ NW and vs Illinois.

The other 5 are ones they absolutely can not lose if they want to have any shot at the Big Dance, combined with a couple wins vs likely/locked NCAA teams; those 5 are vs MD, @ Michigan, @ PSU, vs Minnesota and vs PSU.

Here's hoping they can pull 3+ rabbits out their hat - as well as win the games they'll actually be favored in - and go 8-5 or better to finish out the regular season.
While I don't think it ends up this way, I feel compelled to point out that Michigan is higher in the NET currently than both IU and Maryland. So including @ UM as a "can't lose" seems weird, especially if you are allowing @ IU and @ MD to be viewed as fine.

While I don't think it ends up this way, I feel compelled to point out that Michigan is higher in the NET currently than both IU and Maryland. So including @ UM as a "can't lose" seems weird, especially if you are allowing @ IU and @ MD to be viewed as fine.
I was just going by overall records. I didn't do a deep dig into NET and all those other metrics.

My bad.

Reactions: HawkHoops80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT