ADVERTISEMENT

Strategy vs MSU?

Run a 3-2 zone instead of a a 2-3 look. Be conscious of the corners.

If we're going to run a 2-3 zone anyway, get out to the guy at the high post quickly and pressure him.

Run a 3-2 zone instead of a a 2-3 look. Be conscious of the corners.

If we're going to run a 2-3 zone anyway, get out to the guy at the high post quickly and pressure him.
In the zone I would almost bait the guy in the high post to shoot. If you want to try and win the game shooting mid range jumpers, knock yourself out.

Reactions: FlintTown
In the zone I would almost bait the guy in the high post to shoot. If you want to try and win the game shooting mid range jumpers, knock yourself out.
It depends on the opponent in that case. What do they want to do when they receive the ball?

Lamar Stevens is not a passer. He wants to score and he takes a lot of mid range shots. He will take a lot of inefficient twos if you give him the chance.

Kenny Goins wants to pass. If you don’t pressure him, he’ll have time to find the open guy.

Iowas playing MSU tomorrow. Ain't nobody knows 'em better than me. Now, I been watchin' how Frans been breakin' the colts. But, my friend, you cannot play them all the way man-on-man. They got no head toppers. Spartans? A bunch of mites. Run you off the boards. You got to squeeze 'em back in the paint. Make 'em chuck it from the cheap seats. Watch that purgatory they call a press. No drive, 12 foot in.

jZYsXa.gif

A loud and active crowd can help the officials nutralize the Izzo factor. May not get us a home court advantage, but even the playing field.

The team needs to stay within striking distance all game and I think we'll get an evenly ref'd game and a pumped up crowd!

Get down by more than 10 + crowd gets quiet... Refs let Izzo influence = snowball effect. Then late calls to end the game for IA to make the box score not look as bad.

(I see the Hawks keeping it close, with a chance to win in the last 2 mins.)
We were only down 10 at half at Izzoville. Maryland was similarly down at the half as well there. If we keep it close, especially in the first half who knows?

I think you make them beat you from the outside by doubling down or scraping at Ward when he gets the ball. You cant give up a 10-10 night again to one of their post players.

Well, the first thing we should do is find this guy and have him kick Ward in the coconuts a couple times as hard as he can.

iowa-cheerleader-640x326.0.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT