ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Star DiJonai Carrington Shades Caitlin Clark With Blunt Message

Reactions: Underscore2
What exactly is Carrington talk about? What some rando on Twitter said?
yes, it's all part of this "CC22 fans are racist trump supporters" deal. a reporter asked her if she feels bad about her name being used in culture wars. then CC22 said, "no, she doesn't pay attention, no, does not bother her" I am paraphrasing. but CC22 said it and took the high road LIKE ALWAYS.

but people like carrington want her to say "yes I see racism all around... I got white privilege- I feel guilty"

so there it is. Caitlin really cannot win here. she needs to probably never say a word to the reporters

The response to Trotter's follow-up is what prompted the tweet. She gave a good response but was a little aloof, trying to stay above the fray, and he followed up with a direct, does it bother you question, and she said no.
CC has been very good at handling the questions about all the BS, stating she is not bothered by it was a misstep.
I believe CC is bothered by all the BS and would rather only talk basketball, and she should have said so.

I don't know who the woman who tweeted is, but she had that one ready, which is why CC has to be so measured in her responses.
Her follow-up statement was very good while staying above the BS

I'm 100% certain that Caitlin could give the most in-depth, deep, empathetic, perfect answer to a question about this stuff, and there will still be folks (WNBA players and online) bitching and moaning about it. I feel bad for her. Gets taken #1 to a shitty team with a shitty coach, struggling to find her footing in the league while also being pretty damn good for a rookie, and then has to deal w/ all this shit from other players, and online nobodies when she's not playing basketball.

But that online stuff is also just this day and age. Unfortunately comes with the spotlight I suppose.

The article does not reference her statement, spud.

Are you blind?

Carrington’s post racked up over 20,000 likes and strongly mixed reactions on X. The Stanford alum’s statement came on the heels of Clark’s pregame ininterview. The Athletic’s Jim Trotter asked Clark if she was bothered by her name being weaponized in non-sports topics.

“No, I don’t see it,” Clark answered, reiterating that her main focus is on the game, her teammates and coaches. “Basketball is my job,” she said. “Everything on the outside, I can’t control that. So, I’m not going to spend time thinking about that.

“People can talk about what they want to talk about, create conversations about whatever it is. But I think for myself, I’m just here to play basketball, I’m here to have fun. I’m trying to help our team win.”

Are you blind?

Carrington’s post racked up over 20,000 likes and strongly mixed reactions on X. The Stanford alum’s statement came on the heels of Clark’s pregame ininterview. The Athletic’s Jim Trotter asked Clark if she was bothered by her name being weaponized in non-sports topics.

“No, I don’t see it,” Clark answered, reiterating that her main focus is on the game, her teammates and coaches. “Basketball is my job,” she said. “Everything on the outside, I can’t control that. So, I’m not going to spend time thinking about that.

“People can talk about what they want to talk about, create conversations about whatever it is. But I think for myself, I’m just here to play basketball, I’m here to have fun. I’m trying to help our team win.”
I read that as in response to Carrington's post.

The response to Trotter's follow-up is what prompted the tweet. She gave a good response but was a little aloof, trying to stay above the fray, and he followed up with a direct, does it bother you question, and she said no.
CC has been very good at handling the questions about all the BS, stating she is not bothered by it was a misstep.
I believe CC is bothered by all the BS and would rather only talk basketball, and she should have said so.

I don't know who the woman who tweeted is, but she had that one ready, which is why CC has to be so measured in her responses.
Her follow-up statement was very good while staying above the BS
I believe her it does not bother her, because I believe 100% she does not do the twitter and the mnsbc thing. at least I hope she does not. I hope that when this stuff is brought to her attention- it's the first she's hearing of it. maybe. because I hope she's concentrating on playing ball. maybe I am a bit naïve here.

This was the question and follow up that prompted the players tweet

SHE HAS A TELL. I have noticed it before. when she's asked something she does not feel great about, she plays with her nose. look at all past media pieces and watch. { well that is impossible, it would take days to watch all that stuff!} but she either wipes her nose or puts her shirt over her face and nose. happens a lot.

This crap is getting out of hand quickly. CC answers a reporter's question and with her answer she stays above all of this.

Then comes along this response.

This is the real problem with Caitlin Clark: She lets a bunch of people who almost no one has heard of all of a sudden have hot takes and opinions that get seen by the masses, because her name's involved.

Used to be you could not care about the WNBA in peace. Now you have to not care about the WNBA while also wondering who are all these people are that are in the news for saying things about CC.

yes, it's all part of this "CC22 fans are racist trump supporters" deal. a reporter asked her if she feels bad about her name being used in culture wars. then CC22 said, "no, she doesn't pay attention, no, does not bother her" I am paraphrasing. but CC22 said it and took the high road LIKE ALWAYS.

but people like carrington want her to say "yes I see racism all around... I got white privilege- I feel guilty"

so there it is. Caitlin really cannot win here. she needs to probably never say a word to the reporters
OiT….who sez this? (Your first sentence?) That's a bullshit statement you make there…..almost as meaningless as the statements you criticize!
There is a segment of “the masses” that agree with you….but that does not give your statement any credence. Just more tribal jibberish…..and there is plenty of that.

This is the real problem with Caitlin Clark: She lets a bunch of people who almost no one has heard of all of a sudden have hot takes and opinions that get seen by the masses, because her name's involved.

Used to be you could not care about the WNBA in peace. Now you have to not care about the WNBA while also wondering who are all these people are that are in the news for saying things about CC.
she probably should never answer a question again.

OiT….who sez this? (Your first sentence?) That's a bullshit statement you make there…..almost as meaningless as the statements you criticize!
There is a segment of “the masses” that agree with you….but that does not give your statement any credence. Just more tribal jibberish…..and there is plenty of that.
stephen a. smith and clay and buck. I wouldn't think you would listen to clay and buck on a daily basis.

Reactions: SIXERS24
I believe her it does not bother her, because I believe 100% she does not do the twitter and the mnsbc thing. at least I hope she does not. I hope that when this stuff is brought to her attention- it's the first she's hearing of it. maybe. because I hope she's concentrating on playing ball. maybe I am a bit naïve here.

I am sure she tries her best not to read or watch all the crap, but I do not believe she can block everything out.

From the first and second interview responses, you can tell that someone made her aware that a more involved answer was needed to try to control the narrative.
Stating she was not bothered by her name being used to further idiotic agendas comes off as disingenuous, it would bother her or anyone else.
Hate that she is having to deal with all this crap and can't just play ball.

Reactions: McLovin32

It is really bad if you're an Iowa fan who does not care about CC's transition to pro ball.

Every twitter handle I follow for Iowa Football news also covers all of this stuff, so I have to sift through a bunch of shit that I don't care one bit about to get to the news/updates I'm looking for. Hopefully the ratio improves as we get closer to football season.

I am sure she tries her best not to read or watch all the crap, but I do not believe she can block everything out.

From the first and second interview responses, you can tell that someone made her aware that a more involved answer was needed to try to control the narrative.
Stating she was not bothered by her name being used to further idiotic agendas comes off as disingenuous, it would bother her or anyone else.
Hate that she is having to deal with all this crap and can't just play ball.

I believe her when she indicates she doesn't pay much attention to social media.

This is the second interview after the Carrington tweet.

She's being placed in a horrible spot.

I believe her when she indicates she doesn't pay much attention to social media.

This is the second interview after the Carrington tweet.

She's being placed in a horrible spot.

It's a shame Barstool, Outkick, Dan Dickitch, Jason Whitlock, The Blaze, Bill Maher, and Republican Lawmakers are trying to use Caitlin Clark to push their agendas.

Leave the poor girl alone and let her hoop.

W ho?
What is your (and so many others) fascination with all the “noise” out there? Honestly…who cartes?
the people who run this thing, the noise... most of it, msnbc, twitter people... they apparently care. they keep doing it over and over. every weekend: olympicgate, racistgate, foulgate. it's every weekend.

Reactions: SIXERS24
It is really bad if you're an Iowa fan who does not care about CC's transition to pro ball.

Every twitter handle I follow for Iowa Football news also covers all of this stuff, so I have to sift through a bunch of shit that I don't care one bit about to get to the news/updates I'm looking for. Hopefully the ratio improves as we get closer to football season.
You can mute her name. That would probably keep a decent chunk of that stuff off your twitter feed.

the people who run this thing, the noise... most of it, msnbc, twitter people... they apparently care. they keep doing it over and over. every weekend: olympicgate, racistgate, foulgate. it's every weekend.
OiT….You claiming MSNBC is driving this shit? Perhaps…..but I listen religiously to Mornin’ Joe daily and in the past couple of weeks I cannot recall more than a passing comment on #22….but I really doubt “M<SNBC” is a driving force behind this story….no more than FOX or some other right wing news media outlets…..That is a bullshit, loose cannon statement you make….Political people/tribal folks will run with Caitlan’s noise as it easily fits into their agendas…..but that is more social media driven than news network driven.

They are “made up” tribal political agendas…..and an exclusive of today’s “pop culture” bullshit…..just “noise” and nothing more, really.
That's fair and I mostly agree with you. IT IS there though. I really feel for Caitlin because she just wants to play ball. She is very stoic and poised but this crap has to be exhausting for her. It isn't her fault she was born white and is very good at basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT