ADVERTISEMENT

Sun Star DiJonai Carrington Shades Caitlin Clark With Blunt Message

That's fair and I mostly agree with you. IT IS there though. I really feel for Caitlin because she just wants to play ball. She is very stoic and poised but this crap has to be exhausting for her. It isn't her fault she was born white and is very good at basketball.
when msnbc and clay and buck are covering it as national news.... no it's not just noise. the Olympic snub went viral. INC magazine was doing articles on it.

Carrington’s just pissed because Connecticut won’t charter planes and only uses Frontier and/or Spirit for travel.

Reactions: SIXERS24
You can mute her name. That would probably keep a decent chunk of that stuff off your twitter feed.
You know it’s gotten bad when Lucy Rhoden (Iowa alum and superfan, producer/personality on the Dan LeBetard Show) has mentioned muting her name on X.

All this shit has gotten beyond ridiculous. I’m ready for the WNBA to slide back into obscurity. The sports media/talking heads are arguably worse than the idiots on social media. It’s just a cycle of shit.

You can mute her name. That would probably keep a decent chunk of that stuff off your twitter feed.
Melissa Peterman Idk GIF by CBS

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
CC is being used by both the whites and blacks.

Whites find her to be the great white hope in a sport dominated by blacks.

Blacks find her to be usurping the limelight from their traditional focus and maybe getting more money than they have, for arguably less accomplishment.

I feel for 22. It's a lot for a 22 year old. I am 54 and I feel abused even at my own company because all the shit rides with me. Therefore, I'm quitting and starting my own gig. 22 needs options. I'm sure the money and endorsements are great but this is like an endless open firehose. It will never end, either for the good or bad. She already looks like she's aged 10 years in 4 months.

CC is being used by both the whites and blacks.

Whites find her to be the great white hope in a sport dominated by blacks.

Blacks find her to be usurping the limelight from their traditional focus and maybe getting more money than they have, for arguably less accomplishment.

I feel for 22. It's a lot for a 22 year old. I am 54 and I feel abused even at my own company because all the shit rides with me. Therefore, I'm quitting and starting my own gig. 22 needs options. I'm sure the money and endorsements are great but this is like an endless open firehose. It will never end, either for the good or bad. She already looks like she's aged 10 years in 4 months.
so do you think she might hit the road or stick it out?

I don't see how she can stick it out over say 3 more years. That environment is toxic as f.
I have wondered about this. a prominent national radio host, who has a name that might rhyme with shannity... anywho he said she should start her own league. my thoughts are: tour with the harlem globetrotters, if they are still around. sell out arenas outside of the WNBA. I never knew the W was like this, but I never watched before.

I don’t. Other than “Morning Joe” (which is the most intellectually honest political show on TV), I don’t watch 24/7 “news” TV or sports talk shows. Life is too short.
ok, well surprised morning joe has not covered this topic. maybe they will next week

I set a 30 day mute for "Caitlin". We'll see how it goes. I'll likely still get some "Caitlyn", "Catelin", "Caytelin", etc stuff.

If this works out, you have my vote for Poster of the Year 2024.
I should think the experiment should be done in reverse, in other words: see how many times a day her name is brought up...... probably an insane amount

She's really weird looking. I'm pretty sure her mother was a praying mantis.

c15WqYnE_400x400.jpg
some of these girls go "a bridge too far" when it comes to make up and eylashes and lips, but I gotta admit, when I see them on tv, I'm not really looking at their faces. if you know what the heck I am getting at. It'll probably be just a fad, in twenty years we will all look back on it and go, "remember when all these girls thought they should look like a fake plastic barbie doll?" it will be funny in twenty years.

Why do you CHOOSE to listen to these folks then, OIT? Do you want to go through your life miserable and pissed off?

You and I have disagreed in the past about Caitlin, but you are spot on in this thread and I agree that she looks like she has aged quite a bit in the last 2 months. This just has to be exhausting for her. She just wants to lay hoops and this nonsense is going to end her career prematurely. Who would want to put up with this nonsense? She simply cannot win.

Why would you suppose they would spend time on this, OIT? Other than a casual mention of “the Caitlan Effect”…..why would she make news? Not all “news” is really news at all.
because it's an election year. you know this. anything that can be tied to trump and racism. anything at all. it happens. you know it does. I don't even think caitlin has ever said if she's dem or R, doesn't matter. your heros on the morning joe will find a way. you know it.

Reactions: ThiccJimXXX
SHE HAS A TELL. I have noticed it before. when she's asked something she does not feel great about, she plays with her nose. look at all past media pieces and watch. { well that is impossible, it would take days to watch all that stuff!} but she either wipes her nose or puts her shirt over her face and nose. happens a lot.

Yep. I have been noticing this as well lately. You could tell this question bothered her from the get go. Rubbed her nose and was looking away from the reporter the entire time.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Yep. I have been noticing this as well lately. You could tell this question bothered her from the get go. Rubbed her nose and was looking away from the reporter the entire time.
I really don't blame her. she should tell them all to hit the road but she's classy and gracious and she is a good sport. even though half the time she needs to tell them to screw off.

Reactions: OutbackBowl2017
To be fair, Carrington is the same player who last week repeatedly and demonstratively threw her head back to mock Clark for supposedly flopping after she blatantly fouled Clark. So we’re not exactly dealing with an atom splitter here.
and ex-girlfriend of CCs teammate Nylssa Smith. Awesome league

To be fair, Carrington is the same player who last week repeatedly and demonstratively threw her head back to mock Clark for supposedly flopping after she blatantly fouled Clark. So we’re not exactly dealing with an atom splitter here.
Yeahhh, that was ****ing weird. There was ZERO doubt that was a foul. It was very clear.

You and I have disagreed in the past about Caitlin, but you are spot on in this thread and I agree that she looks like she has aged quite a bit in the last 2 months. This just has to be exhausting for her. She just wants to lay hoops and this nonsense is going to end her career prematurely. Who would want to put up with this nonsense? She simply cannot win.
Exactly right….but Ironically, this is precisely Americans want their fellow Americans to be in….”no win situations”…
I am really not a deeply religious person but I am smart enough to understand that we all need to practice “the Golden Rule” and we will all benefit. Real religion has little to do with abortion, sexual preference or being Jewish, Catholic, Moslem or Hindu…all religions want us to treat our fellow man with more respect and love though.

because it's an election year. you know this. anything that can be tied to trump and racism. anything at all. it happens. you know it does. I don't even think caitlin has ever said if she's dem or R, doesn't matter. your heros on the morning joe will find a way. you know it.
You are just blathering bullshit and hate OIT. You are just a dumb phuque with a woeful agenda of hate and jealousy to spread.
You don’t even watch MJ, yet you are telling us that do what they talk about…phuquin’ Texas is a good place for you to be.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT