ADVERTISEMENT

Supreme Court Live Updates: Conservative Majority Seems Ready to Limit Election Case Against Trump

Lol Luttig?! The moron who continues to contend that the 14th amendment should be used after SCOTUS ruled otherwise 9-0? You're still an idiot. You two must be the same age and temperament.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
Yeah, I’m sure you know more than Luttig. Moron. 🙄
Tom, you've been on the wrong side of every argument you pick with me because you're such a huge libtard and a very uneducated teacher. Luttig is wrong on this SC case as well. They will uphold criminal immunity for official acts and remand to district court for what are those official acts.

Dumbass

Last edited:
Time for Joe to pack the Court, in order for Lady Justice to keep her head above the water level of Trump's and the RW's corruptness in order to save our republic.

This Court's irresponsibleness to not have decided this case by accepting the lower court's decision before now shows that they are clearly running interference for Trump and his cronies. They have sold out our democracy.

Thomas should be impeached, immediately, at a minimum.

No; just as bad. No idea if he "shared" or "traded" secrets, but also no idea if anything was accessed by foreign powers who could easily have assets inside MAL.

SC should not be ruling on that issue; the issue at hand is the election case and his "immunity claim" there.
And there is nothing at all in the Constitution about any President or former President being immune from actual crimes committed, while in office, before, or after. In the docs case, it is clearly "after", and there cannot be any reasonable rationale for immunity - it is up to the prosecution to present and a jury to decide the charges based on the established laws.

SC conservatives are absolutely looney in their arguments on this issue.
We have an actual attempt to overthrow the government. And we have mishandling of documents. Please don't tell me you think those are equally bad.

Time for Joe to pack the Court, in order for Lady Justice to keep her head above the water level of Trump's and the RW's corruptness in order to save our republic.

This Court's irresponsibleness to not have decided this case by accepting the lower court's decision before now shows that they are clearly running interference for Trump and his cronies. They have sold out our democracy.

Bingo!

Reactions: franklinman
Just because you're a raging libtard who wants to see Trump behind bars at any cost doesn't mean you're justified. 2000 Election case did not surround a criminal trial. Libtards using that as some barometer for the use of a very seldom path to the SC is apples and oranges.

Libtards can't put themselves in a the defendants shoes at all. Hatred reigns free.
Can you try that again in English?

All the phony cases that have been filed against President Trump should be dismissed. Historians will write how this was nothing but a political witch hunt propagated by his political rivals in a "failed attempt" to derail a 2nd term as President of the United States.
The sad thing is that after Trump wins, states like Texas and Florida will force textbook companies to rewrite history to fit @RicoSuave102954's version of "the truth."

What some people seem to have lost sight of is that this is a really important case. The Stormy Daniels case is a "so what?" case. The classified documents case is a "little slap on the wrist or big slap on the wrist?" case. This case is serious. That's why this is the case they're trying to stall.

This case is serious because the SCOTUS ruling on presidential immunity will impact the office of president forever,.. I suspect the court moves incrementally here and does nothing rash.

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Tom, you've been on the wrong side of every argument you pick with me because you're such a huge libtard and a very uneducated teacher. Luttig is wrong on this SC case as well. They will uphold criminal immunity for official acts and remand to district court for what are those official acts.

Dumbass
Like I said.

i dont' pretend to know much about how SCOTUS rules on stuff...but this part seems wild to me

“A stable, democratic society requires that a candidate who loses an election, even a close one, even a hotly contested one, leave office peacefully,” he said, adding that the prospect of criminal prosecution would make that less likely.

so the ability to hold presidents responsible will make them less likely to leave office peacefully...so we just shouldn't hold presidents responsible for anything? am i reading that right?
I had to read that part a couple times too. But then it made sense, because that's exactly what Trump did. Facing the prospect of criminal prosecution once he left office, he did everything he could to remain in office, even to the point of encouraging a coup. However, that's a piss poor reason to give any and all presidents a get out of jail free card.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Cases like this could have been brought up against numerous past presidents,.. What's weird is how the current party in power seems so willing to shatter political norms for short term personal gain and inevitable long term national disaster...
What The Hell Wtf GIF by Saturday Night Live

No; they couldn't.

Because no past President has ever attempted to overthrow an election, and not accept election results.

That is all this is about, and all that the SC needs to rule on.

No, this is about way more than that,.. This is about a potential never ending stream of retaliatory post presidential criminal indictments waiting on the horizon,.. SCOTUS understands what's at stake here.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
No, this is about way more than that,.. This is about a potential never ending stream of retaliatory post presidential criminal indictments waiting on the horizon,.. SCOTUS understands what's at stake here.
right...so just let them commit crimes and then we don't have to worry about that

perfectly reasonable

from "lock her up" to "it's dangerous to even potentially hold politicians responsible for criminal conduct"

Probably should listen, when John Dean is telling you that democracy is "unraveling" in the SC.

Lawyers used to laugh when they heard Nixon’s analysis during Frost/Nixon: “When the president does it, that means it’s not illegal.” Listening to the arguments before today’s Supreme Court, it appears the Republican Justices are all in with Richard Nixon. American democracy may be unraveling quickly…

No, this is about way more than that,.. This is about a potential never ending stream of retaliatory post presidential criminal indictments waiting on the horizon

No; it is not.

It is about whether a President can commit crimes before, during or after his tenure in office and be shielded from any criminal liability.

Even John Dean says you're nutty here.

No,.. I think they land somewhere in the realm of immunity for presidential acts vs liability for personal acts..
the fact that we're drawing a line anywhere for "where politicians should be immune for crimes they commit" is ridiculous

and it just goes to show how full of shit and cynical all of the "lock her up" hysterics from 2016 were

No,.. I think they land somewhere in the realm of immunity for presidential acts vs liability for personal acts..

Trump did not act in any "official capacity" in the Stormy Daniels mess, when he illegally conspired with a media mogul to hide stories and push others against his rivals (clear violation of election laws)

Trump did not act in any "official capacity" regarding the election and fake electors - the President has NO ROLE in elections, whatsoever.

Trump did not act in any "official capacity" regarding his stolen secret documents case; all of those classified documents were not legal for him to hold onto. Nor did he "declassify" any of it.

So, we aren't really discussing "official acts" in office in ANY of these cases, and the question of whether they were "official acts" needs to be in the hands of a JURY.

Relax,.. those cases will all sort themselves out after this important SCOTUS ruling and then it will be in the hands of a jury, with direction on how to interpret the evidence..

Relax,.. those cases will all sort themselves out after this important SCOTUS ruling...

No; they will not.

NOT if the SC delays those trials and allows Trump to regain the WH. Then, it's formally over.
Trump, and his sycophants will fully unravel American democracy. He'll load the SC with other sycophants who won't rule on the law, they'll rule to protect HIM and HIS BUDDIES.

Opportunistic and evil people will fall in behind him. This is how democracies fail.

They do. A possible democrat being president again. Nutbag R justices can't have that.

Cut the BS. This is easy AF. Does the president (or anyone else) have immunity from prosecution if they break the law? Are there ANY exceptions in the Constitution? Is there ANY evidence that the framers intended the president or any other government officials to be immune from prosecution? The answer to both questions is clearly no. The only way to justify it is to turn logic on its head, which Alito is clearly doing, or to be even lazier and justify it on the legal doctrine of "because we say so," which the other conservative justices seem open to doing.

This case is serious because the SCOTUS ruling on presidential immunity will impact the office of president forever,.. I suspect the court moves incrementally here and does nothing rash.
I would not put anything past “this” Court. The conservatives on the bench understand they have a chance to move America in a direction they want. Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch, Kavannaugh, Barrett know what they are there for…..Roberts is the swing vote….This Court understands “loyalty” and that is not what necessarily serves the law best.

No; it is not.

It is about whether a President can commit crimes before, during or after his tenure in office and be shielded from any criminal liability.

Even John Dean says you're nutty here.
That's actually a lie. It's limited to liability for criminal acts while POTUS. Trump may claim otherwise, but that argument was rejected by Trump's attorney during arguments, and SCOTUS won't be ruling on unofficial acts.

You're in a cult if you think Trump doesn't deserve ALL of this.

Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT