ADVERTISEMENT

Suzy Kolber

I can’t remember the last time I actually watched SportsCenter, a pregame halftime or postgame show of any kind, Pardon the Interruption, or anything else sports-related other than an actual game. So to me, none of these losses are really a loss.
I’ll watch shorts of pat Mccafee and if I’m awake I’ll stop on the Scott van pelt show, but it’s all just turned into yelling and hot takes

Suzy Kolber celebrated her 54th birthday this year.
She definitely has a daily routine for staying in shape.
Was she the one at KWWL back in the nineties?

Edit
It wasn’t her but there was one sports reporter that made the jump to a national network from one of the eastern Iowa news crews.

D5B-XihXoAIbYAw

Here is a list
Van Gundy, Kellerman, Johnson, Kolber, and Rose were also joined by “NFL Countdown” analyst Matt Hasselbeck, NFL draft expert Todd McShay, college basketball analyst LaPhonso Ellis, “SportsCenter” anchor Ashley Brewer, radio host Jason Fitz and baseball writer Joon Lee.

The NFL and NBA coverage will be different this year

The two glaring ones for me are Van Gundy who is a very good analyst and Kolber who I always liked
If Stephen A Smith, Bill Walton and a couple others were on that list, just about everything on ESPN would instantly be a little more watchable again.

Seriously, ESPN sucks. That is coming from a guy that watched it day and night in junior high.

Content is crap. Hot takes all over the place. The only show I watch is Pardon the Interruption and that is because Wilbon is a Big10 grad

If Stephen A Smith, Bill Walton and a couple others were on that list, just about everything on ESPN would instantly be a little more watchable again.
Anyone who does not enjoy he totality of a Bill Walton basketball broadcast is a person of limited perspective. I have eyes to see the game....I want Walton there to give my eyes technicolor vision!

I can’t think of a time where Walton has not made me smile during his work! I don’t agree with everything he says...or how he sees it....but he always adds a new perspective for me.

I can’t remember the last time I actually watched SportsCenter, a pregame halftime or postgame show of any kind, Pardon the Interruption, or anything else sports-related other than an actual game. So to me, none of these losses are really a loss.
I do watch the occasional 30/30. That and live broadcasts are pretty much it these days.

Seriously, ESPN sucks. That is coming from a guy that watched it day and night in junior high.

Content is crap. Hot takes all over the place. The only show I watch is Pardon the Interruption and that is because Wilbon is a Big10 grad
I couldn't even have an opinion on their non live sports content any more, I just don't watch any of it other than the football and basketball game day shows. I'm like you, life would have revolved around ESPN in the 90's and early 2000's, at a certain point I stopped watching Sports Center and all the rest, can't even remember when the change happened, even if it was gradual or all at once.

I read someone else say it but how much of the viewing audience of the non-games for ESPN is just background TV at gyms, bars, etc. I stopped watching the non-game shows a long time ago.

The area where the salaries are baffling to me are some of the play-by-play guys and others just getting out of the NFL. Tom Brady was supposed to be getting (or is getting) some insane amount of money. Why? It’s not like he will be that more entertaining of an analyst then a regular former player. Similarly, how many people are actually tuning into games to hear Tony Romo’s commentary? I’m not saying hire a scrub broadcast crew, but seems like more than $10m/year on a crew is crazy.

Reactions: the24fan
I read someone else say it but how much of the viewing audience of the non-games for ESPN is just background TV at gyms, bars, etc. I stopped watching the non-game shows a long time ago.

The area where the salaries are baffling to me are some of the play-by-play guys and others just getting out of the NFL. Tom Brady was supposed to be getting (or is getting) some insane amount of money. Why? It’s not like he will be that more entertaining of an analyst then a regular former player. Similarly, how many people are actually tuning into games to hear Tony Romo’s commentary? I’m not saying hire a scrub broadcast crew, but seems like more than $10m/year on a crew is crazy.
Jocks and Jockettes make $$$$$

Steven A reminds me of an overpaid worthless administrator in a school district. Pay him and cut more of the lower paid staff. Makes sense.

Deadspin nailed it. Twitter and ESPN let everyone see whatever highlights they want. There is no need to watch Sports Center religiously, which was where good reporting and good anchoring lived.

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
What do these jobs pay? I really have no idea. As someone else mentioned, Tom Brady is getting paid an ass ton of money, but I'm guessing that's a HUGE outlier statistically. What is typical for all of these people? I doubt this is really financially driven vs changing the identity per se of the network. And most of those people canned I thought were good at their jobs. So I don't really care to see the new identity.

And BTW Suzy Kolber is so much hotter older than she was when Joe Namath destroyed his reputation trying to bang her on live tv.

Of the two, they kept Mel Kiper?

Still remember McShay’s pre-2009 Iowa PSU clash where he stated the Iowa DLine had no talent. They were the strength of the entire team.

That DL included Adrian Clayborn(NFL), Christian Ballard, Mike Daniels(NFL), Broderick Binns, and Karl Klug.

Didn't do your homework on that one did ya Todd?

Reactions: Jimmy McGill
He is the epitome of why ESPN is struggling. He is annoying as all get out.

I mean, seriously, who likes listening to him?
Jimmy...I haven’t listened to him for years. Not even casually. Steven A is the Tucker Carlson of sports.
ESPN suffers a similar problem that FOX News suffers. They just are not “great” at anything any more...Back in the day ESPNs “highlights” with Chris Bergman were must see TV. Now MLB, NFL and Golf channels have stolen their thunder. Their depth and enthusiasm “for the story” has been replaced by “the noise” of their talking heads. Talking heads are a dime a dozen....but paid much better! They just offer opinions and noise for the most part.

Anyone who does not enjoy he totality of a Bill Walton basketball broadcast is a person of limited perspective. I have eyes to see the game....I want Walton there to give my eyes technicolor vision!

I can’t think of a time where Walton has not made me smile during his work! I don’t agree with everything he says...or how he sees it....but he always adds a new perspective for me.

Bill Walton is a national treasure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT