ADVERTISEMENT

T.G.I.Friday’s closes 50 restaurants

I worked at TGIF about 25 years ago... The prices seemed high back then so I'm not too surprised.

Can't say that I've been to one in 20-30 years. Maybe once... but do recall people loving them back in the 90s.
Yeah, I loved them in the 80’s and 90’s. Things change, and this is one of them. To an extent it’s a good thing, because I believe tastes have changed to supporting local and small chain venues, rather than large chains. I would struggle to remember the last time we ate at a national chain restaurant. We have a couple local restaurants, a couple local brewpubs, and a distillery that we usually frequent.

Angry Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Applebees Chilis TGIF Bennigans and probably a lot more are basically all the same.

We try and hit local and almost never go to these chain places.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Applebees Chilis TGIF Bennigans and probably a lot more are basically all the same.

We try and hit local and almost never go to these chain places.
My MIL will absolutely refuse to try anywhere new or anywhere local. If we go out to eat with her it HAS to be a chain or it's not happening.

My MIL will absolutely refuse to try anywhere new or anywhere local. If we go out to eat with her it HAS to be a chain or it's not happening.
I have some relatives like that. In a recent visit they wanted to try Culver’s. Another time they wanted to try Taco John’s.

Good lord, pick up a bag of each to and from airport.

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT