ADVERTISEMENT

****TB Rays****

11-0. And they’ve got about 15,000 in the “stadium”.
I’ve not been in many baseball stadiums. Wrigley and Miller Park(old one), besides the Trop. I understand why it’s considered the worst in MLB. It’s not great lol. But fvck me if the team doesn’t over perform year in and year out. I might go to a couple games a year and I live 10 minutes away. DJ KITTY 4 LIFE BOOIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

I am going to see the Rays play the Dodgers on May 27 at Tropicana. Do you think they will still be undefeated then?

Just kidding.

I’ve not been in many baseball stadiums. Wrigley and Miller Park(old one), besides the Trop. I understand why it’s considered the worst in MLB. It’s not great lol. But fvck me if the team doesn’t over perform year in and year out. I might go to a couple games a year and I live 10 minutes away. DJ KITTY 4 LIFE BOOIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!
The place is awful. Worst in baseball. But the team is rocking it. Long drive for me, but I will catch some games. Yankees are surely nervous.

Reactions: SolarHawk
I know somebody that started betting against the Rays when they were 5-0. He told me they have to lose sometime. He just keeps adding to the amount of the bet to cover his losses. It is not me.
I told him the Rays are not playing anybody good for awhile.

• Love
Reactions: SWIowahawks
I know somebody that started betting against the Rays when they were 5-0. He told me they have to lose sometime. He just keeps adding to the amount of the bet to cover his losses. It is not me.
I hope this somebody has a decent amount of money and isn’t betting the milk money. Either way, he doesn’t seem very smart…..

11-0. And they’ve got about 15,000 in the “stadium”.
I was working in Tampa ten years ago now and, not knowing anyone in town, thought I’d take a ball game in by myself one night. Felt like I had the place to myself it was so sparsely attended.

Actually found the box score from ESPN. I’m calling BS that there were 11,000 in the crowd.

Reactions: wilson reborn
I was working in Tampa ten years ago now and, not knowing anyone in town, thought I’d take a ball game in by myself one night. Felt like I had the place to myself it was so sparsely attended.

Actually found the box score from ESPN. I’m calling BS that there were 11,000 in the crowd.

It’s a shame they can’t get people to the stadium. There are a lot of reasons why, but location and the stadium itself are the two biggest reasons imo.

Reactions: wilson reborn
Florida just isn't a baseball-obsessed state. Most of the baseball fans who live here are from northeast, and don't give a crap about the Rays or the Marlins. They're Yankees or Red Sox fans.

It’s a shame they can’t get people to the stadium. There are a lot of reasons why, but location and the stadium itself are the two biggest reasons imo.

They just approved plans for a new stadium in St Pete in about five years. Not sure that will fix anything.

It’s currently in the worst possible place they could put a stadium. Pretty much way in and out, zero local population due to it being surrounded by water and NOT IN TAMPA. So they’re putting another one there. God forbid you make it possible for people in Orlando to attend. That’s what you did with the fairgrounds, idiots.

Reactions: The Tradition
Florida just isn't a baseball-obsessed state. Most of the baseball fans who live here are from northeast, and don't give a crap about the Rays or the Marlins. They're Yankees or Red Sox fans.
This is partly true. However I remember reading somewhere a year or so ago that the Rays tv ratings are middle of the pack in the league. So that tells me they actually have a fan base, just not a stadium worth going to.

This is partly true. However I remember reading somewhere a year or so ago that the Rays tv ratings are middle of the pack in the league. So that tells me they actually have a fan base, just not a stadium worth going to.
The stadium is a huge turn off. It literally stinks. Build it in the right place with some open air and they will come.

T
They definitely have a fan base. However, if you actually live in Tampa, it takes you 45 minutes minimum to get to stadium. Brilliant. The Lightning sell out every game.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
T

They definitely have a fan base. However, if you actually live in Tampa, it takes you 45 minutes minimum to get to stadium. Brilliant. The Lightning sell out every game.
It would be better served to be in Tampa for a myriad of reasons. Nobody in St Pete gives two fvcks about the team. Like Trad said, all us transplants already have teams.

It would be better served to be in Tampa for a myriad of reasons. Nobody in St Pete gives two fvcks about the team. Like Trad said, all us transplants already have teams.
They should put it in Seffner. Right off of I4, 50 to an hour from Osceola county. Big local population.

T

To be fair, the Bucs in pre-Brady years had a lot of empty seats. I'm a St. Pete supporter and hoped they'd put it at the old Al Lang site or somewhere on the water, but I acknowledge that Tampa is likely the better choice. The burden of the Trop lease is pretty much gone and hopefully they can make this work.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
We went to Opening Day and then again last night. Love the way the team is built, managed, and how they play. They are doing some good things to get more people in the stadium too. $10 seats available for every game and you can get unlimited 'standing room only' seats for $50/month. The Trop will never not be the worst stadium in MLB but they have made a lot of improvements in recent years to better the fan experience.

All that said, last night was 70% Red Sox fans.

Perspective, folks...the combined record of the four teams they've played 13-31.

Yankeed fan and can't believe the injuries this team has over the years. Earlier this spring they had 9 on the IR, 8 were pitchers.

Florida is the worst for professional teams of any sport. No pro teams should be there, the fans suck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT