ADVERTISEMENT

****TB Rays****

Orioles fan my whole life but we haven’t had a lot to cheer about - outside the run in 2014 - for a long time. That ‘14 first place finish, a second place, and a few thirds since the late 90’s. Their season has been over by the All Star break most years.
I have no idea what the farm system looks like, but they have to be considered "buyers" at the deadline.
One bat and another bullpen arm?

I have no idea what the farm system looks like, but they have to be considered "buyers" at the deadline.
One bat and another bullpen arm?
They just got Fujinami from Oakland so they’re solid in the bullpen…assuming his last 20 games are more relevant than all those that came before. Wouldn’t mind seeing them get some more offense though.

The Orioles have seven of the top 77 prospects in the minor leagues.

There is a big Orioles fan that attends our church. He is from Baltimore originally and a solid baseball guy.

The O's are definitely a year or two ahead of schedule. I thought they would fade by now.

The Rays season starts today with 4 against Baltimore. The rotation sets up perfectly for them so hopefully they can win the series and get back on track.

I keep waiting for the pitching to fall apart, but it's been serviceable and consistent. It should take more than that to win the East, but they're consistently scoring because they run well and O's Park's dimensions do not play well to a lot of teams' strengths

Yesterday's game was a fun one. Rays have won 9 consecutive series yet have only picked up one game on Baltimore. Gonna be a fun final month.

Reactions: wilson reborn
Losing Bautista would be bad for a lot of teams, and it might cost the O's the two game lead it has though I doubt it. Cano wasn't the reason the O's lost yesterday. The schedules the two teams have are pretty much even from here on out

I see the Sox fired Bloom today. He's done a decent job of replenishing the farm system, but they have not won enough at the big league level.

Lots of champagne on Eutaw today. I don't think they have enough pitching to do much in the playoffs but Rodriguez looked godd last night. The 99-100 he was throwing the first few innings was noticeable. This is going to be comical next year when Kjerstad and Holliday are contributing and they go dump 9 figures on a pitching staff.

It was a great series. Wish the Rays could have escaped with a 3-1 win by winning yesterday. No matter who wins the division it looks like the two teams will meet in the second round of the playoffs, assuming the wild card team can win that round. Hardly a given though as stacked as the AL playoff teams are.

Just heard a rumor that Rays and St Pete have agreed on a new smaller stadium with a non retractable roof. IMO not a good decision if true.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Just heard a rumor that Rays and St Pete have agreed on a new smaller stadium with a non retractable roof. IMO not a good decision if true.
IMO it's a great plan, and I think the only way the Rays could have stayed in St. Pete. Smaller capacity is the general trend these days, and that's particularly true for what the market has shown to support. And while the retractable roof would be nice, the added cost, plus the nature of fans in St. Pete wanting to sit in air conditioning and not worry about lightning, makes it expendable in order to get the deal done.

Smaller capacity is the general trend these days, and that's particularly true for what the market has shown to support.

Damn, I love being a Dodger fan.

IMO it's a great plan, and I think the only way the Rays could have stayed in St. Pete. Smaller capacity is the general trend these days, and that's particularly true for what the market has shown to support. And while the retractable roof would be nice, the added cost, plus the nature of fans in St. Pete wanting to sit in air conditioning and not worry about lightning, makes it expendable in order to get the deal done.
Rays have an attendance problem, this won’t fix it. Status quo.

Florida baseball generally has an attendance problem. It may not be fixable until about 3 more generations of fans grow up watching and cheering for the Rays (or Marlins). A retractable roof will not move the needle.

Who cares about TB?? The O’s are back up by two games heading into Houston. I’d like to think home field would be an advantage but Baltimore has been a much better road team this year.

You're right, it won't fix the attendance problem. But at least it will keep the team here in the Bay Area. The new stadium being in Tampa would have helped attendance some, but I am glad it is staying in St. Pete. Much closer for us and we greatly prefer St. Pete over Tampa.

There's a section of seats in the left field bleachers that the Rays have marketed as "Randyland" the last couple of years...it's where many of Arozarena's ho.ers have landed.
After the trade, he and his family came out and watched a couple of innings with the fans in that section before heading off to his new team.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT