ADVERTISEMENT

Teacher celebrated by community..

I confess to not reading the thread. Did you perceive another reason the teacher was let go?

Many of the parents of the students the teacher taught are obviously religious. And/or firmly conservative. The teacher discussed aspects of his homosexual lifestyle with his students. And those interactions are what led to parents getting upset. It had nothing to do with the teacher coming out. Like it or hate it, a lot of religious people aren't keen on homosexuality. Right or wrong, that's how it is.

I don't remember my teachers in elementary sharing stories and pictures of their dating life. Maybe that doesn't need to be shared.... Whether you are gay or straight?

Would make things a whole lot simpler wouldn't it? We learned about school subjects/topics, not our teachers personal life. You missed out on so much. The truth is, not many of us knew about the personal lives of our teachers. You are correct there. We also weren’t misled that gay people were devil heathens.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Many of the parents of the students the teacher taught are obviously religious. And/or firmly conservative. The teacher discussed aspects of his homosexual lifestyle with his students. And those interactions are what led to parents getting upset. It had nothing to do with the teacher coming out. Like it or hate it, a lot of religious people aren't keen on homosexuality. Right or wrong, that's how it is.
Well said.

My thought is that the teacher was obviously good at the craft. If the district gets selective and chases off competent educators, whom will replace them?
Great educators are at a premium. History shows that religious or political choices for education produce narrow minded and even hateful consequences.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I don't think anyone should talk about their personal lives in the office or especially with their students.

When I worked in an office, I stuck to talking about fishing and sports when anything personal came up.

JMO.
Well, on the message boards you sure talk about your religious preferences/ personal life.

Maybe we are not in the office…

Reactions: BrianNole777
Until he came out as gay.
Some of these areas will have a real hard time finding teachers and doctors at this rate.

Bizarre to me that these social dynamics are still at play relative to gay people. My kids go to a catholic school in an urban southern city and their music teacher is so gay a blind man can see it and nobody GAF.

Not worried about gays at all, I have gay family members, I'm all for gay marriage etc... be happy, whatever.
However the person in the story decided to make things about him and his life and his sexual preferences. Teaching 5th graders isn't about you and your coming out party.
This you?

Don't forget try and get him fired from his job and ruin his career. A bunch of people just expressing a difference of opinion would be fine. But unfortunately it rarely stops there with the nutjobs.

These have gotta be it. Because we all know a person isn't born gay. They're born straight, but then turn gay because of things that happen to them. Like being around gay people, or seeing gay stuff.
So what you’re trying to say is that you were born gay? I suppose you were born with an addiction to edibles and other drugs as well.
Are people born as murders and rapists as well then?

The only thing for certain is you are either born a male or a female. Everyone can have different tendencies in life. I’m sure druggies, rapists, murder’s weren’t born that way but that’s what they tended to be around or drawn to when they were younger. Can they resist the urge, or course they can, if they can’t, then why are we so harsh on rapist and murder’s. They were just born that way.
PS I can’t wait to see how long before you and you’re other handles give the laugh emoji. Because that’s the only comeback you have.

Last edited:
House speaker Johnson and his wife could reopen their Pray away the gay camp for him and scare him straight.

Reactions: BelemNole
Not worried about gays at all, I have gay family members, I'm all for gay marriage etc... be happy, whatever.
However the person in the story decided to make things about him and his life and his sexual preferences. Teaching 5th graders isn't about you and your coming out party.
Well then fire the 5th graders.

I don't think anyone should talk about their personal lives in the office or especially with their students.

When I worked in an office, I stuck to talking about fishing and sports when anything personal came up.

JMO.

I bet Young Sheldon has better social skills than you do.

Reactions: BelemNole
Every Friday at the school I work at a different staff is picked to do a quick slideshow during morning announcements. Includes family pics/interesting facts/hobbies... It's not unusual for teachers to share details about their lives. These parents sucked.

So what you’re trying to say is that you were born gay? I suppose you were born with an addiction to edibles and other drugs as well.

The only thing for certain is you are either born a male or a female. Everyone can have different tendencies in life. I’m sure druggies, rapists, murder’s weren’t born that way but that’s what they tended to be around or drawn to when they were younger. Can they resist the urge, or course they can, if they can’t, then why are we so harsh on rapist and murder’s. They were just born that way.
PS I can’t wait to see how long before you and your other handles give the laugh emoji. Because that’s the only comeback you have.
Projection is strong here.

You guys still bawling about Barry the Rump Humper? It’s a cold world and you can’t thaw with tears 😭

PS I can’t wait to see how long before you and you’re other handles give the laugh emoji. Because that’s the only comeback you have.
I remember when I made the decision to be straight. I weighed the pros and cons of each, talked to my parents and friends and ultimately decided that my life would be a lot easier if I was heterosexual. Luckily I never had a gay teacher or who knows what my decision would have been. PHEW!!!

I remember when I made the decision to be straight. I weighed the pros and cons of each, talked to my parents and friends and ultimately decided that my life would be a lot easier if I was heterosexual. Luckily I never had a gay teacher or who knows what my decision would have been. PHEW!!!
Interesting! I had a very gay 6th grade teacher and was an alter boy to a priest in the 4th/5th grades that only liked alter boys, no girls.
Yet somehow I resisted their agenda and decided to be straight too!

Your aviator appears to disagree with you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT