ADVERTISEMENT

Teacher gets smacked in head with chair thrown by student

We had to go back to paper report cards because we could see parents weren't logging in to look at them!! One K class of 24 had 2 parents look at their child's report card online. Incredible.
Yet, even with that knowledge, teachers still thought remote learning would actually work. Incredible.

I swear the nuns could make something up that I did and I still would have got my ass beat. I was way more scared of going home than going to Sister Comenchia's office.

How the Fock does class size have anything to do with this? Every one of your ideas are just a far left wish list that has nothing to do with the problem. A life time of being told you’re a victim and the media pushing the idea that all white people are racist is why this happened. I am sure the girl feels completely justified in what she did.
Pushing victimhood has consequences. Lack of accountability has consequences. JFC.
I’m going to be nice about this because I’m in a good mood. But nowhere in that post did I claim anyone was a victim. I was posting solutions that help alleviate these situations. You also don’t know what sort of trauma people are going through. The difference between you and me is I want an equal playing field. You think fascism will solve our societal problems. You’re reactive, I’m proactive. BTW, I’ve taught gang members in a non public school setting and did quite well with the proper resources.

I’m going to be nice about this because I’m in a good mood. But nowhere in that post did I claim anyone was a victim. I was posting solutions that help alleviate these situations. You also don’t know what sort of trauma people are going through. The difference between you and me is I want an equal playing field. You think fascism will solve our societal problems. You’re reactive, I’m proactive. BTW, I’ve taught gang members in a non public school setting and did quite well with the proper resources.
But you still seem to believe that everything that parental responsibility has failed to do can be overcome by small classes and good medical care.
I don’t have an issue with your optimism and apparent determination to be successful with students, but the person(s) who brought the child into this world are getting a pass here. That’s an almost insurmountable obstacle.

Reactions: LuteHawk
But you still seem to believe that everything that parental responsibility has failed to do can be overcome by small classes and good medical care.
I don’t have an issue with your optimism and apparent determination to be successful with students, but the person(s) who brought the child into this world are getting a pass here. That’s an almost insurmountable obstacle.
I agree that parents should hold responsibility. I never said that they shouldn’t. But ask yourself, why are the parents the way they are.

• Haha
Reactions: EvolutionDenier
How the Fock does class size have anything to do with this? Every one of your ideas are just a far left wish list that has nothing to do with the problem. A life time of being told you’re a victim and the media pushing the idea that all white people are racist is why this happened. I am sure the girl feels completely justified in what she did.
Pushing victimhood has consequences. Lack of accountability has consequences. JFC.
Tell me you know nothing about education without telling me you know nothing about education.

I agree that parents should hold responsibility. I never said that they shouldn’t. But ask yourself, why are the parents the way they are.
Because they grew up in dysfunctional settings themselves. And no one is calling this out. So it continues in a generational repeat of failure.

Smaller class sizes are so important. Anyone arguing otherwise hasn’t beein a classroom. Moreso today than when we were kids. Our students DEMAND attention. They crave it.

Reactions: HawkNester
Your list is typical left wing feces. Pour money on the problem and it will solve it. No it won’t.
Why does every teacher I have ever met think paying the teachers more will make the students parents better parents?

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
Why are so many teachers on here so angry and insulting? It’s not a great look for those working with children every day, to fly into a rage when confronted with a different viewpoint.

Why are so many teachers on here so angry and insulting? It’s not a great look for those working with children every day, to fly into a rage when confronted with a different viewpoint.
Do-you-own-research-cover.png

Because dickheads like you talk shit when you don’t know what you’re talking about. Plus you lie about us.

I do know what I’m talking about. And, I don’t lie.
Bullshit. And bullshit. You’re wrong on practically everything about education. You lied in the post I called you on. I teach. I work with nobody who advocated for online learning. We wanted to be in the classroom. Did we want to be smart about Covid when nobody knew anything? Yes. But NOBODY I work with ever wants to do that again. So again, kindly have a nice warm glass of shut the hell up.

You can read emotions through this board? I spend my time laughing at you while I respond. You just stop proving your mighty intelligence.
No, you’ve really ramped up the stalking behavior recently. I’m not the only poster who has noticed and mentioned it. Seems like you and some others are much more frantic and angry lately.

No, you’ve really ramped up the stalking behavior recently. I’m not the only poster who has noticed and mentioned it. Seems like you and some others are much more frantic and angry lately.
You mean Deangelo? We have had plenty of past interaction on another board. He can dish it but can't take it. Sounds like someone else. Edit: I would also help if you stopped lying. You also respond with laughing emojis to posts that have nothing to do with you. You are a snowflake.

So how and why did that change? Is that only in America?
How about we focus on America since that’s where we live. I’d suggest we cannot worry about social constructs in other countries, although we have an outsize influence over societal trends globally.

I remember mom telling me stories of rulers being broken over their backs and hands. And before recess one nun would tell the kids if they were bad Satan would open the playground and pull them to hell. She seemed nice.

We should all get back to this, when indoctrination in school was a good thing.

Reactions: goldmom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT