ADVERTISEMENT

Teacher salaries by state

Thank God Iowa values its teachers! It’s right there in black and white……..just like Kim told us! On average, only 30 states pay better than Iowa……It has to be those damn activist communist inspired TEACHER’S UNIONS that are holding Iowa schools back!
Just like OP, you dismiss the cost of living in all of this. I believe teachers should be paid more, but tossing this article out in hopes to prove your point is foolish.

Oh no, someone making sense. OP thought he had a point.
My bad. But actually, it comes out about dead even for standard of living. California is just over 33% more expensive, New York is just under. Nebraska is a bit higher than Iowa, but you really can't put a price on excellence.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Speaking of teachers, my oldest daughter just got a fourth grade ELA and social studies position. She's finally leaving middle school behind her. @tarheelbybirth @Tom Paris 🤞🤞🤞
33.5 years in middle school...leaving it all behind (sort of) in two weeks. The 8th graders asked me to speak at their 8th grade recognition ceremony. What the hell were they thinking? 😂

33.5 years in middle school...leaving it all behind (sort of) in two weeks. The 8th graders asked me to speak at their 8th grade recognition ceremony. What the hell were they thinking? 😂
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Just like OP, you dismiss the cost of living in all of this. I believe teachers should be paid more, but tossing this article out in hopes to prove your point is foolish.
Then you might look around and see what other states Iowa is keeping company with……Iowa has greatly underfunded its public schools (including Regent schools) for several decades now….and once we start gifting $$ to private/parochial schools….this will be just the tip of the ice berg, I fear…..

Then you might look around and see what other states Iowa is keeping company with……Iowa has greatly underfunded its public schools (including Regent schools) for several decades now….and once we start gifting $$ to private/parochial schools….this will be just the tip of the ice berg, I fear…..
Arizona is pretty pathetic, and I see it on the news every night.

Well, if you add 10% to Iowa’s average salary, Iowa moves up to around 18th/19 place on teacher salaries…near Michigan and Nevada…..
If you reduce Iowa’s average teacher salary by 10%, Iowa slips to about 44th/45 place, right next to Louisiana…..

Currently Iowa salaries are slightly lower than Hawaii, Texas and Colorado but slightly ahead of Nebraska, Arizona and Maine…..

Well, if you add 10% to Iowa’s average salary, Iowa moves up to around 18th/19 place on teacher salaries…near Michigan and Nevada…..
If you reduce Iowa’s average teacher salary by 10%, Iowa slips to about 44th/45 place, right next to Louisiana…..

Currently Iowa salaries are slightly lower than Hawaii, Texas and Colorado but slightly ahead of Nebraska, Arizona and Maine…..
How many times do you have to respond to my post before you get it right?

Someone tell me who to be outraged against
Someone tell me who to be outraged against

You should probably get paid less if all you have to do is teach white kids from the Midwest.

You hope your kids get to work with a teacher like him.
My kids were fortunate enough to have teachers who loved to teach and realized although they might make more doing something else....they still made far more than a liveable wage doing somthing they love.

When I hear teachers (or anyone else) bitch about being underpaid it really tells me they do not like what they are doing.

Teachers (and anyone else) if you aren't happy what you are making.....STFU and move on to either a place or job that pays you what you desire.....don't worry...someone will want the job you just left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT