ADVERTISEMENT

Terminator: Dark Fate...go woke, go broke spoiler$

Oct 19, 2019
You’d think that Hollywood would f’n get it.

So this was made to be a “true” sequel to Terminator 2. So what do they decide to do?

spoilers!!!!!!

They start the movie off 2 years after T2, and immediately woke Hollywood BS shows up. Edward Furlongs John Connor is on a beach with his mom, relaxing. Along comes another Arnold terminator and shoots him to death with her being unable to do anything but watch. Terminator just walks away....because of course we can’t have a white male being the leader of the resistance.

Years later a girl/guy/gender fluid type shows up and is the new protectors character. She’s there to protect a 4’11” Latino woman savior, who I guess is taking place of Connor as the resistance leader. She’s completely unconvincing and lacks any sort of actual physicality. Forced as f@ck

Sarah shows up, and we have the trio of old white lady, gender fluid protector and completely unconvincing and hilariously cringe worthy new savior.

Arnold himself is probably the most interesting story here, as he’s taken a bizarre and unexpected path as an aging terminator who started thinking for itself and actually became human, complete with helping to raise a family. He’s remorseful for what he did earlier in her movie and has secretly been helping Sarah Connor fight off incoming Terminators. I guess they just keep showing up indefinitely.

Of course he’s just there to supplement the woke 3 though, so a great concept gets rolled over for the sake of feminism and recycled plot lines. I say recycled because even Skynet is off the plate, it’s been replaced by some alternate robotic threat in the future.

Maybe someday Hollywood will f’n get it. We are tired of forced gender equality and feminism over good writing. It ruined Star Wars, it damn near ruined GoT, and people are clearly not responding well to it. See ghostbusters 2016, Female Oceans 11, etc.

Movie is being trounced by viewers.

Last edited:
Not worried, if it flops they will make another on about the fourth different timeline path.

e6d6b66c-0d1a-4940-a9e2-82fd77d477ae-endgame-bts-women-of-marvel.png

Lol...director must be an HROTer.

What’s the best way to ensure that people don’t show up at a movie theater to watch propaganda? Let them know beforehand that the movie is propaganda and anyone who doesn’t accept said propaganda is a “misogynist”. That appears to be the strategy that Terminator: Dark Fatedirector Tim Miller is using to remind people that the film is definitely woke.

The Playlist picked up the news from an interview that Miller had with Variety, where he defended the casting choice of Davis, and took aim at anyone who criticized her for the role because she looked like a frail boy cosplaying as a butch woman, saying…

“Before we brought in screenwriters, we did a room with novelists at my request because they’re world builders and we’re reinventing the franchise. One was Joe Abercrombie [the “First Law” series], who pointed out that the “Terminator” films tend to have a trinity of main characters. One of those is the protector, the Kyle Reese character.

Joe came out with this idea that a new protector from the future is a machine fighter. It’s a painful life, and they’re scarred and take a lot of drugs to combat the pain of what’s been done to them. They don’t live a long time. It’s a very sacrificial role; they risk death to save others. And from the very first suggestion it was always a woman. We had to look for someone who has the physicality, but I’m very sensitive to actors. I didn’t just want a woman who could physically fit the role but emotionally as well. Mackenzie really wanted to do it; she came after the role. She worked harder than anybody.

“[…] If you’re at all enlightened, she’ll play like gangbusters. If you’re a closet misogynist, she’ll scare the f–k out of you, because she’s tough and strong but very feminine. We did not trade certain gender traits for others; she’s just very strong, and that frightens some dudes. You can see online the responses to some of the early s–t that’s out there, trolls on the internet. I don’t give a f–k.”

Reactions: Asata Shakur
OP is triggered by powerful women, better? He seems very Incel.
Na, I get what he's saying. The "woke" progressive movement for women of power is to make them flawless and, well, unbelievably overpowered (whether that be in a fantasy film or in a realistic setting like a CEO). Take Rey, for example. She can fly the Falcon having never flown before, best an experienced Jedi, has virtually no flaws at all; whereas we got to watch Luke's growth, through failure, over the course of several movies.

I have a wife and 2 daughters, so I'm all about women's equality and empowerment, but there's really no need to just force every, over-the-top concept into movies for the sake of the "woke cause".

But, then again, that's my take, maybe the OP is triggered. LOL Who knows.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
Na, I get what he's saying. The "woke" progressive movement for women of power is to make them flawless and, well, unbelievably overpowered (whether that be in a fantasy film or in a realistic setting like a CEO). Take Rey, for example. She can fly the Falcon having never flown before, best an experienced Jedi, has virtually no flaws at all; whereas we got to watch Luke's growth, through failure, over the course of several movies.

I have a wife and 2 daughters, so I'm all about women's equality and empowerment, but there's really no need to just force every, over-the-top concept into movies for the sake of the "woke cause".

But, then again, that's my take, maybe the OP is triggered. LOL Who knows.
I wonder if all the super female warriors in movies will lead to more spousal abuse? I could see it convincing men that it’s ok to hit ladies and convincing women that they can resolve problems with violence. Good luck to all parties if life imitates art on this front.

I wonder if all the super female warriors in movies will lead to more spousal abuse? I could see it convincing men that it’s ok to hit ladies and convincing women that they can resolve problems with violence. Good luck to all parties if life imitates art on this front.
I just don't think you can claim male toxicity on one hand and strive for testosterone expression as equality on the other. Men and women aren't the same and that's okay. There's a point where making women the the physical hero is tiresome as it isn't sexism that holds women back from being the bad ass, it's the fact that few women can actually physically beat a man. You know, like, there's a reason a man isn't supposed to hit a woman.

I just don't think you can claim male toxicity on one hand and strive for testosterone expression as equality on the other. Men and women aren't the same and that's okay. There's a point where making women the the physical hero is tiresome as it isn't sexism that holds women back from being the bad ass, it's the fact that few women can actually physically beat a man. You know, like, there's a reason a man isn't supposed to hit a woman.
Plus I like testosterone expression. Woof! :D

Terminator I & II are classics. Terminator III was barely decent but did a serviceable job setting up Judgement Day. The future war between SkyNet and humanity was the best direction to take the series. The time travel element of the story, while vital to the originals, has been really played out at this point.

So, OP is triggered by women. Good to know.
No, but enough with the women are bad ass warriors agenda. I like a strong woman, I almost have a fetish for mma girls. Love them for their strength and resolve.
But here’s the thing, they are actually badasses and it’s not about an agenda with them.
Movies with blatant agendas are ruining cinema because they’re so forced and the plot revolves around it.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Terminator I & II are classics. Terminator III was barely decent but did a serviceable job setting up Judgement Day. The future war between SkyNet and humanity was the best direction to take the series. The time travel element of the story, while vital to the originals, has been really played out at this point.
Terminator salvation played the war part, but just didn’t resonate. Not a horrible film, but somewhere confusing and it lacked focus.

Reactions: preshlock
T
Angry men complaining about a movie they don't have to see. Got it.
That’s not the point, it’s about playing politics with every major film these days. Feminism above all, etc. We know badass women already exist, we don’t need reminded of it. Just make the movies and focus on storytelling.
I mean seriously, killing John Connor right off the bat completely diminished Terminator 2 and everything that movie stood for. Replacing him with a pint sized Latino girl, who isn’t at all imposing or convincing as a future war leader? Lame

Yes! There was a video on YT criticizing it for just that. That basically for the woman to seek badass, she had to basically be more of a man. Which in itself is a slap to feminism. Basically saying that you need to be more masculine to be a strong woman. Not true at all, see Meisha Tate for an example I’d that. Gina Carano as well.

Saw it yesterday and thought it was great. IMO, own 1, 2 and Dark Fate and you've got a solid trilogy. Stop there...it's near perfect.

I don't understand why you get so offended by females being given the roles of protagonists and action oriented characters. Say what you want about the writing, but the characters gender had absolutely zero to do with the plot of the story and was completely irrelevant to the story being told. It could have been a male character there and the movie would not have changed one bit.

White male nerd-rage is going to ruin what should be a golden age of TV/movies for them. If you didn't like the movie because it was derivative, didn't take many chances, and pretty much repeated a lot of plot points from Terminator 1 and 2, that's fine. Those are legitimate criticisms. However, if you didn't like it because the only male role for you to project yourself onto was an 80+ year old terminator, well that's just pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT