ADVERTISEMENT

Let's make a list: Michael Rapaport Slams Hollywood For Not Speaking About Oct. 7 Hostages at Golden Globes:

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
Let's make a list of all the things Hollywood did not speak about at the Golden Globes. They must not care.

I'll go first
  1. Cancer
  2. Heart Disease
  3. Afghanistan
  4. Trump
  5. Ukraine
  6. Syria
  7. The U.S. Border Crisis
  8. The Iowa School Shooting
  9. FSU's CFP Invitational Snub
  10. COVID-19, Cholera, and Mpox

Michael Rapaport Slams Hollywood For Not Speaking About Oct. 7 Hostages at Golden Globes: “Not One Person Said One Thing”​

Abid Rahman
Tue, January 9, 2024 at 10:40 PM CST·2 min read
4c8fd3c73f8c3d9170d18e54896ea99d

Michael Rapaport excoriated Hollywood for what he perceived to be total silence on the hostages being held by Hamas at the Golden Globes on Sunday.

The actor, who has been vocal in raising awareness about the hostages who were taken during the Oct. 7 terrorist attack on Israel, took to social media on Tuesday, posting a video slamming the Globes attendees for not talking about the issue. “I’m embarrassed that not one person said one thing, unless I’m mistaken at the Golden Globes the other night, about the 133 hostages that were kidnapped in broad daylight from Israel on October 7th,” said Rapaport.

“All that billion-dollar Barbie feminism and all these young conscious actors and actresses and there’s [the] hostages that are the exact same age as them. And not one actor, not one director, not one producer, not one comedian. Nobody said anything before the Golden Globes, after the Golden Globes [or] during the Golden Globes,” he added.

He continued, “I’m not naming names because nobody said anything.”

Rapaport pointed to the hypocrisy of Hollywood’s silence, given that “actors, artists are known to speak out speak, speak out about everything. And not one person said a word.” The actor then apologized on behalf of actors to Israel, to the hostages and their families for the silence. He added, “We as actors — SAG, DGA, WGA — we should be ashamed of ourselves.”

The 2024 Golden Globes were notable for being largely apolitical, with no speeches on stage mentioning Israel, Palestine, or indeed Ukraine, a country that was frequently mentioned and shown support during awards shows throughout 2022 and 2023.

While nobody directly made mention of hostages during the Golden Globes ceremony, some actors did, however, show their support in other ways. On the red carpet, the likes of J. Smith-Cameron of Succession and John Ortiz of American Fiction were among the stars who wore a yellow ribbon to show support for the hostages, with the campaign organized by Bring Them Home, an Israeli hostage advocacy organization.

The Wack Packer, who has been vocal in raising awareness about the hostages who were taken during the Oct. 7 terrorist attack on Israel, took to social media on Tuesday, posting a video slamming the Globes attendees for not talking about the issue. “I’m embarrassed that not one person said one thing, unless I’m mistaken at the Golden Globes the other night, about the 133 hostages that were kidnapped in broad daylight from Israel on October 7th,” said Rapaport.

“All that billion-dollar Barbie feminism and all these young conscious actors and actresses and there’s [the] hostages that are the exact same age as them. And not one actor, not one director, not one producer, not one comedian. Nobody said anything before the Golden Globes, after the Golden Globes [or] during the Golden Globes,” he added.

He continued, “I’m not naming names because nobody said anything.”

Rapaport pointed to the hypocrisy of Hollywood’s silence, given that “actors, artists are known to speak out speak, speak out about everything. And not one person said a word.” The actor then apologized on behalf of actors to Israel, to the hostages and their families for the silence. He added, “We as actors — SAG, DGA, WGA — we should be ashamed of ourselves.”

The 2024 Golden Globes were notable for being largely apolitical, with no speeches on stage mentioning Israel, Palestine, or indeed Ukraine, a country that was frequently mentioned and shown support during awards shows throughout 2022 and 2023.

While nobody directly made mention of hostages during the Golden Globes ceremony, some actors did, however, show their support in other ways. On the red carpet, the likes of J. Smith-Cameron of Succession and John Ortiz of American Fiction were among the stars who wore a yellow ribbon to show support for the hostages, with the campaign organized by Bring Them Home, an Israeli hostage advocacy organization.

FIFY

Reactions: mnole03
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT