ADVERTISEMENT

Teske?

MSU158

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2014
Anyone of you insiders willing to spill some beans? Is he going to be healthy enough to wrestle when it matters? Is he still the guy if that happens?

I definitely think he has substantially more upside than Cullan, but are we going to see the guy that can reach that this year?

Reactions: Spoons
Anyone of you insiders willing to spill some beans? Is he going to be healthy enough to wrestle when it matters? Is he still the guy if that happens?

I definitely think he has substantially more upside than Cullan, but are we going to see the guy that can reach that this year?
I certainly hope so because at this point I see Cullan as a maybe NCAA qualifier and a 1-2 at best. Just not enough offense. If Cullan is the guy, I absolutely hope he proves me wrong.

Had heard he won the wrestle-off with Schriever a couple of weeks prior to the ISU dual, but got a bad staph infection in his knee. Taking it as a positive sign that he is listed as OR in the probables. The gap between Schriever and Teske was small though, don't know how much the injury has affected his training. Wouldn't expect a big upgrade at the weight class if he is able to earn back the spot.

Had heard he won the wrestle-off with Schriever a couple of weeks prior to the ISU dual, but got a bad staph infection in his knee. Taking it as a positive sign that he is listed as OR in the probables. The gap between Schriever and Teske was small though, don't know how much the injury has affected his training. Wouldn't expect a big upgrade at the weight class if he is able to earn back the spot.
Gaps in the room are often small regardless of the wrestlers. But, that doesn’t mean Teske can’t or shouldn’t beat plenty of guys Cullan can’t.

I think we have seen enough of Cullan to see what he can and can’t do. I am just hoping we get enough time for Teske to show us what he can do.

No way CS qualifies, much less win a match at Nattys.

The reasons have already been stated.

Given Iowa's historical success in the lighter weights, this is disappointing as a fan. And I’m sure he’s a hard worker, but it's always about results.

Last edited:
The BIG had 10 allocations at 133 last year. You don’t think he place around that at BIG Tens this year? Also beating someone in the first round of consolations isn’t exactly crazy talk.
Current Big 10 starters at 133. Replace Cullan with Brody. Three guys under .500 including Marylands guy at 0-10. Cullan would most likely finish top 10 out of 14

0Bravo-Young, Roman | SR
#1 Penn State
Big Ten
7 - 0
100.00% / 100.00%
60Mendez, Jesse | FR
#5 Ohio State
Big Ten
8 - 1
88.89% / 62.50%
70Byrd, Lucas | SO
#14 Illinois
Big Ten
17 - 3
85.00% / 41.18%
90Ragusin, Dylan | SO
#9 Michigan
Big Ten
10 - 3
76.92% / 60.00%
100Cannon, Chris | SO
#12 Northwestern
Big Ten
11 - 4
73.33% / 18.18%
131Nagao, Aaron | FR
#16 Minnesota
Big Ten
14 - 3
82.35% / 28.57%
141Foley, Rayvon | SR
#22 Michigan State
Big Ten
10 - 3
76.92% / 70.00%
180Heilmann, Joe | JR
#28 Rutgers
Big Ten
18 - 4
81.82% / 50.00%
230Porter, Henry | FR
#36 Indiana
Big Ten
16 - 5
76.19% / 68.75%
240Teske, Brody | JR
#4 Iowa
Big Ten
2 - 0
100.00% / 50.00%
320LaMont, Taylor | SR
#11 Wisconsin
Big Ten
6 - 9
40.00% / 16.67%
360Burwick, Kyle | SO
#10 Nebraska
Big Ten
10 - 2
83.33% / 80.00%
680Norris, Dustin | FR
#45 Purdue
Big Ten
9 - 10
47.37% / 22.22%
790Quinn, Conner | FR
#40 Maryland
Big Ten
0 - 10
.00% / .00%

Off topic but damn what the hell happened to Taylor Lamont? 6-9?! Remember when he was in the portal as possible viable option for the Hawks? Glad we’ve got Brody. I had a gnarly staph infection about 15 years ago that required surgery, good news is he can still work out, lift etc, he just can’t wrestle till it heals. Kept me off the mst for about 2-3 weeks. Much better than injuring a joint, ligament, tendon etc. Hoping we see him vs Nebbie.

Gaps in the room are often small regardless of the wrestlers. But, that doesn’t mean Teske can’t or shouldn’t beat plenty of guys Cullan can’t.

I think we have seen enough of Cullan to see what he can and can’t do. I am just hoping we get enough time for Teske to show us what he can do.
Agree - teske so far has scored team points when he has wrestled. Schriever just keeping it close and losing unfortunately. Sometimes in spectacular fashion.

Reactions: js8793 and MitchLL
Off topic but damn what the hell happened to Taylor Lamont? 6-9?! Remember when he was in the portal as possible viable option for the Hawks? Glad we’ve got Brody. I had a gnarly staph infection about 15 years ago that required surgery, good news is he can still work out, lift etc, he just can’t wrestle till it heals. Kept me off the mst for about 2-3 weeks. Much better than injuring a joint, ligament, tendon etc. Hoping we see him vs Nebbie.
I never thought he was any kind of upgrade over what we had. He's decent 125 and very average 133.

Reactions: el dub
Cullen has had some nagging injuries as well. Don’t write him off just yet. I do believe Teske is the guy and right now is a round of 12 type guy with an outside shot at being a AA. We need somebody to upset RBY and it’s NOT Teske hoping Cornell kid or Fix gets it done and Teske can get a good draw on the back side and find his way onto the stand. Looking at the new rankings I think Byrd and Mendez are a little underrated right now also. I think Teske can beat Phillippi and Colaiocco. But the rest of of 133 will be tough.

I never thought he was any kind of upgrade over what we had. He's decent 125 and very average 133.
He’s recorded some impressive wins (Sebastian Rivera and Sam Latona 2X) and placed 5th at Nationals. I imagine he’s not performing at the level Wisconsin figured he would be when they picked him up.

Neither one looks like a meaningful point scorers at nationals. Add 133 to 174 and 197 as weights lacking a high end recruit in the pipeline, 149/157 opposite Chittum could use one too.

Side note I see Cody Merrill is at 285 now. He was 195 earlier in the fall. I watched his 285 matches and fun to watch. Giving up some size but was running rough shot over the competition. After pinning he hauls ass back to the middle the waiting with his hand extended for the other guy to get back there and shake, kinda funny to watch.

Neither one looks like a meaningful point scorers at nationals. Add 133 to 174 and 197 as weights lacking a high end recruit in the pipeline, 149/157 opposite Chittum could use one too.

Side note I see Cody Merrill is at 285 now. He was 195 earlier in the fall. I watched his 285 matches and fun to watch. Giving up some size but was running rough shot over the competition. After pinning he hauls ass back to the middle the waiting with his hand extended for the other guy to get back there and shake, kinda funny to watch.
He's around 235-240 now

Welcome to the BT LaMont. 4 of his 9 losses were to RBY, Vito, Raugsin and Byrd. I’m cutting him a little slack.

Welcome to the BT LaMont. 4 of his 9 losses were to RBY, Vito, Raugsin and Byrd. I’m cutting him a little slack.
Also 2 losses to Colaiocco from Penn who is pretty good. Also lost to Chlebove from ASU, Redding from Iowa St and worst loss is Hunter Adrian from Brown.

Reactions: Inthecircle
Also 2 losses to Colaiocco from Penn who is pretty good. Also lost to Chlebove from ASU, Redding from Iowa St and worst loss is Hunter Adrian from Brown.
Because of his tougher schedule he’ll probably end up with the worst seed he’s had. This confirms the difference between the BT and everyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT