ADVERTISEMENT

Teske's top 5

Link to Suriano saying that?
I stand corrected. Thought I read a post from a friend of the family but I can't find it. Just lots of rumors, and perhaps just repeated multiple times...

Article in OnTheBanks.com (7/14): "The conversation continues over Suriano’s weight. He’s at 125, but there has been discussion of him moving to 133."

Big Frank on RoarLionsRoar (7/14): "I also hear rumors that he wants to jump to 133."

MSU158 on themat: "Now there are rumors he definitely wants to go 133."

AFHawk on HR Suriano thread (7/13): "There is lots of smoke and he is supposedly bumping up to 133 regardless of where he decides to wrestle."

It's a moot point, because all the tizzy is over the fact that he's spending the summer in the Rutgers wrestling room.

Maybe slightly better? They have a kid every year that does really well for them. Injuries have plagued them though.

Injuries have killed them. Otherwise, the wrestlers seem to improve. They had 2 AAs last year and both return. They also have 2-3 guys who made the round of 12 return. None will be seniors.

Reactions: PinsNpints
Injuries have killed them. Otherwise, the wrestlers seem to improve. They had 2 AAs last year and both return. They also have 2-3 guys who made the round of 12 return. None will be seniors.

I think they train too hard

I stand corrected. Thought I read a post from a friend of the family but I can't find it. Just lots of rumors, and perhaps just repeated multiple times...

Article in OnTheBanks.com (7/14): "The conversation continues over Suriano’s weight. He’s at 125, but there has been discussion of him moving to 133."

Big Frank on RoarLionsRoar (7/14): "I also hear rumors that he wants to jump to 133."

AFHawk on HR Suriano thread (7/13): "There is lots of smoke and he is supposedly bumping up to 133 regardless of where he decides to wrestle."

It's a moot point, because all the tizzy is over the fact that he's spending the summer in the Rutgers wrestling room.
Whether he wrestles for PSU, Rutgers or someone else he will be wrestling 125, and it is probably 90-10 PSU.

Reactions: TarpHawk
Sure is a lot of different information out there. Just heard yesterday that it is pretty much a done deal he was going to Rutgers, from someone close to situation.
Don, is your "someone" good enough to wager a bet that benefits the HWC/NLWC? Someone might as well win when others lose. ;)

From Foley's Mailbag: Q: There are a lot of rumors of Nick Suriano potentially leaving Penn State. Do these rumors have any legs?
-- Mike C.

Foley: I don't think he'd leave, but he definitely wants to go 133 pounds, so maybe that is causing some friction.

From Foley's Mailbag: Q: There are a lot of rumors of Nick Suriano potentially leaving Penn State. Do these rumors have any legs?
-- Mike C.

Foley: I don't think he'd leave, but he definitely wants to go 133 pounds, so maybe that is causing some friction.

Foley might have a column but he knows less by a wide margin about PSU and the college wrestling scene than you. Thats not a shot at you in slightest way.

Foley might have a column but he knows less by a wide margin about PSU and the college wrestling scene than you. Thats not a shot at you in slightest way.

I understand your overall stance, but journalists(even his type) don't put "definitely" wants to do something in writing without confirming it. That is the type of stuff that gets you fired.

Reactions: el dub
I understand your overall stance, but journalists(even his type) don't put "definitely" wants to do something in writing without confirming it. That is the type of stuff that gets you fired.
Foley is not a journalist. He's an opinion columnist who routinely speaks from personal recollection rather than sourced facts.

He is less skilled at fact checking and Google than my dog, with comparable output.

He didn't just get this way yesterday, so it's clearly not a firing offense at Intermat. (See also: Josh Lowe, call my dad.)

And the rest of the drivel he puts out isn't enough? Somehow I don't think he is too worried...

Drivel is fine. That is all opinion. He gets as many people reading him due to dislike(maybe more so) as he does actual fans. There have been plenty of times that he answers questions by saying he doesn't know. So, I would definitely lean to the fact that he at least heard this from a reliable source.

Still, with all that was said, I still listed it as a rumor vs. being confirmed.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Q: There was a tweet that Iowa is the only school to inquire about Pat Downey since the full release from Kevin Dresser. Are you surprised by that?
-- Mike C.

Foley: Opposition research? Doubt it was a serious inquiry beyond getting to know exactly what type of grades he had. Better to know than not to know. Most people won't buy a redemption story if it's sans humility. Least of all Tom Brands.

Sure is a lot of different information out there. Just heard yesterday that it is pretty much a done deal he was going to Rutgers, from someone close to situation.
Heck. I have been wrong before. But wherever he wrestles he will wrestle 125. 90-10 it is Penn State. I am just saying.

really, you must not follow national politics. He isnt getting fired from intermat, if you know anything about how intermat runs things.

really, you must not follow national politics. He isnt getting fired from intermat, if you know anything about how intermat runs things.

It isn't that. When you state something as FACT in ANY form of journalism libel is a major concern. These guys are specifically taught not to do so. That is the key difference here. He can spout on about his opinion, and does so, without repercussion. Stating what he did without a supporting source is just not something I think he would do, regardless of our opinion of his opinions.

It isn't that. When you state something as FACT in ANY form of journalism libel is a major concern. These guys are specifically taught not to do so. That is the key difference here. He can spout on about his opinion, and does so, without repercussion. Stating what he did without a supporting source is just not something I think he would do, regardless of our opinion of his opinions.

You are 1000% right in the real world, but intermat and his mail bag column gets less views than a tweet by Danney Williams. Plus who is suing intermat for libel about something so innocuous as this.

Again your right that a journalist and a NEWS site would not put something out as FACT that is opinion, but with regard to intermat and foley, unfortunately your wrong cause they arent a "news site" in any form. they dont have the same standards. Josh Lowe should have been fired LONG ago. Heck he just got slammed what 3 weeks ago regarding mcfadden.

you have more street cred on the interwebs as an anonymous poster than foley has a real one. Fact ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Q: There was a tweet that Iowa is the only school to inquire about Pat Downey since the full release from Kevin Dresser. Are you surprised by that?
-- Mike C.

Foley: Opposition research? Doubt it was a serious inquiry beyond getting to know exactly what type of grades he had. Better to know than not to know. Most people won't buy a redemption story if it's sans humility. Least of all Tom Brands.

Was this a rare compliment from Foley?

I thought I perused a lot of wrestling message boards...

Top notch research, Tarp.

I think I like my top 5 better;

Jaclyn Smith, Kelly McGillis, Phoebe Cates, Alyssa Milano, and Courtney Cox.

All warmer, and more shapely, than Teske's top 5, all smarter than Foley, and more F*N to wrestle than anyone in the room.

Reactions: andegre

All warmer, and more shapely, than Teske's top 5, all smarter than Foley, and more F*N to wrestle than anyone in the room.
Ha. The '80s were good to you. Are all those people still alive? You left off Brooke Shields and Olivia Newton-John.

Sorry Cowboy, I lost respect for you after the Courtney Cox mention! J/k

Reactions: purescurve

Damn. Cowboy with the history lesson. I've had worse history lessons.

Reactions: rossel 33
Ha. The '80s were good to you. Are all those people still alive? You left off Brooke Shields and Olivia Newton-John.
Brooke never did much for me-think it was the period scene in Blue Lagoon. And, lost all respect for Olivia when she was hanging out with Danny the greaser. I tried to pick one that the younger generation would recognize, but wanted to keep Jessica Alba to myself.

I had to googlie that Kate person AF mentioned-nah, sorry. Maybe a transfer shot if I couldn't make the team:cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT