ADVERTISEMENT

Texas woman asks judge to let her terminate pregnancy after lethal fetal diagnosis

THE_DEVIL

HB King
Aug 16, 2005
Hell, Michigan
www.livecoinwatch.com
https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/05/texas-abortion-lawsuit/

Kate Cox, a 31-year-old Dallas woman, learned last week that her fetus was diagnosed with full trisomy 18, a chromosomal anomaly that is almost always fatal before or soon after birth. The fetus is developing with an umbilical hernia, a twisted spine, a club foot and an irregular skull and heart, according to the lawsuit.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/12/05/texas-abortion-lawsuit/

Kate Cox, a 31-year-old Dallas woman, learned last week that her fetus was diagnosed with full trisomy 18, a chromosomal anomaly that is almost always fatal before or soon after birth. The fetus is developing with an umbilical hernia, a twisted spine, a club foot and an irregular skull and heart, according to the lawsuit.
This is beyond sad that this is what we have gotten to. Women having to ask a judge for permission to control their body.

Absolutely false.

But i think this certainly isnt. This is the kind of thing that should be allowed. This is a case for abortion. This would be mercy.
There are activists who feel every abortion is for convenience. It appears Texas has opened it up for them to sue no matter what. I’m sure in Texas they can find judges that agree with them. And give them standing to sue. Granted it will get overturned on appeals, but not until after putting the mother through legal limbo.

There are activists who feel every abortion is for convenience. It appears Texas has opened it up for them to sue no matter what. I’m sure in Texas they can find judges that agree with them. And give them standing to sue. Granted it will get overturned on appeals, but not until after putting the mother through legal limbo.
Yeah it's pretty stupid the way this country works right now. Abortion is abhorrent but there are better ways to do things. It's a sad sad world we live in.

Last edited:
I didn’t read the article but why not quietly go somewhere that would allow the procedure to take place? Why is it something that needs to be in the public square?
It’s simply no one else’s business.
It might be because of threats by states to prosecute the woman or anyone who helps her obtain an abortion elsewhere...I think Texas may be one of those states. Again, the evangelicals want a national ban.

I didn’t read the article but why not quietly go somewhere that would allow the procedure to take place? Why is it something that needs to be in the public square?
It’s simply no one else’s business.
In Texas private citizens can sue if u terminate a pregnancy after 6 weeks. So if u have an abortion in another state. A citizen of Texas can still sue. Plus it could be an undo hardship to travel. Mother’s physical and emotional condition. Texas isn’t an hour drive to the border.

In Texas private citizens can sue if u terminate a pregnancy after 6 weeks. So if u have an abortion in another state. A citizen of Texas can still sue. Plus it could be an undo hardship to travel. Mother’s physical and emotional condition. Texas isn’t an hour drive to the border.
God forbid she not be able to get an abortion within a 30 minute drive. Wouldn't want her to have a panic attack driving an hour and a half or anything, my goodness.. her emotions and all that

God forbid she not be able to get an abortion within a 30 minute drive. Wouldn't want her to have a panic attack driving an hour and a half or anything, my goodness.. her emotions and all that
GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: HawkMD
Lots of people do not have the money to relocate on a few months' notice.
Even though Colorado has been taking in LOTS of out-of-state abortions from these places.
Colorado has taken a lot of California refugees* part of the 1.2 million plus now that have abandoned newsom and CA politics/living.

For many, it is a 12+ hour drive. With more $$ to pay for hotels, etc.

Not feasible for people who may have other kids or pets they cannot find folks to take care of.
You could get to the new Mexico border from San Antonio in 6 hours to get an abortion. Don't lie with this BS 12 hour Stat. That's a day trip there and back. Dead baby and all.

You could get to the new Mexico border from San Antonio in 6 hours to get an abortion. Don't lie with this BS 12 hour Stat. That's a day trip there and back. Dead baby and all.

Note to Scruddy: That's 12 hours, round trip. Which would still include a hotel stay, since after any medical procedure, you generally are told to stay at home and rest - remain within distance of a hospital/clinic if you have any complications.

Note to Scruddy: That's 12 hours, round trip. Which would still include a hotel stay, since after any medical procedure, you generally are told to stay at home and rest - remain within distance of a hospital/clinic if you have any complications.
Oh no, a hotel stay.. how dreadful.. much scarier than killing an unborn child. You've lost the plot. Or maybe you've never had it. Probably the latter based on your post history.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
Oh no, a hotel stay

Again: significantly added cost for folks who simply do not have the savings for unanticipated travel.

Particularly if they have other children to take care of, who cannot go on that long of a trip.

Reactions: HawkMD
Again: significantly added cost for folks who simply do not have the savings for unanticipated travel.

Particularly if they have other children to take care of, who cannot go on that long of a trip.
Shouldn't have gotten knocked up then. Also Inb4 you make some rape comparison like that is the norm in these circumstances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT