ADVERTISEMENT

Texas woman asks judge to let her terminate pregnancy after lethal fetal diagnosis

Texas Republicans are living in a world they don’t understand anymore. The party is still kowtowing to a base made up of small town voters who tend to vote the way their preacher tells them to on Sunday. The increasingly urban population is very different than small town Texas.
With the influx of newcomers from states considered “blue” the Lone Star State will be purple very soon. And the Republicans have no one to blame but themselves if they lose the state.
Texas GOP continues to redistrict to keep their power. Look at my district, runs from Austin to San Antonio. There are multiple districts redrawn to give 1 Dem to gain 4 GOP races.

Texas GOP continues to redistrict to keep their power. Look at my district, runs from Austin to San Antonio. There are multiple districts redrawn to give 1 Dem to gain 4 GOP races.

And that process - irrespective of which party it favors, separates those ruling from the actual will of the people.

Yet our SC won't do shit about it, despite it being a clear method of undermining a fundamental element of democracy.

And that process - irrespective of which party it favors, separates those ruling from the actual will of the people.

Yet our SC won't do shit about it, despite it being a clear method of undermining a fundamental element of democracy.
Yeah. NY state says hold my beer.
Funny how Dems hate redistricting unless it helps them.

Are you referring to dem politicians or poster on GIAHORT?

If the former, of course Dem politicians also enjoy measures that keeps them in power.

If the latter, i would like to see posts validating your assertion. I could have easily missed it, but i dont think i have seen any dem leaning posters say they support it.

You and I have a different definition of convenience. Agree to disagree as I have no desire to engage with you today.

Convenience and necessity can be semantics. The decision doesn't belong in a state legislature or a court room. It belongs with a woman and her doctor regardless of the number of weeks or other considerations.

Last edited:
Oh no, a hotel stay.. how dreadful.. much scarier than killing an unborn child. You've lost the plot. Or maybe you've never had it. Probably the latter based on your post history.
Scruffy..is there a benefit to losing a walking, talking human being as compared to birthing a dead baby? Could you explain to me what thT benefit might be?

The fetus will be still born if it were to go to full term.. Greater than 10% chance this women could die from complications trying to give birth or carry it to full term.
I think she should have the ability to have an abortion in her circumstance myself. My entire point was that she can have the procedure done and be home the following day still.

I think she should have the ability to have an abortion in her circumstance myself. My entire point was that she can have the procedure done and be home the following day still.
I was just clarifying whatever stream of thought Joel was giving. U could definitely be home the next day. But it would involve air travel. And honestly as far along as she is. She should be in the other state nearthe clinic for a few days. This isn’t a pill or a simple procedure at this point.
My point would be this excludes poor people that have pregnancy issues from getting the quality of care they need.
Agreed abortions shouldn’t be a punch card where u get 7 and the 8th is free. Although I will say after seeing enough pregnant crackheads and what they produce my stance on that is softening as well.
The whole thing is nuanced and I’d rather not step back in time where we have back alley abortion clinics. The demand will not go away. It will only move it somewhere else. And let us ignore it easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: sober_teacher
No, you don't. You only believe she should have that capability if she can afford to travel out-of-state and pay to stay somewhere. Or do you think poor women never get a diagnosis like this?

And to be truthful, they probably don't because while the wingnuts think all pregnancies should go full term, they don't think all pregnant women should be able to access quality prenatal care nor do they think once they're born, all children deserve proper health care.

The same purely evil Texas assholes who pushed this draconian abortion ban through have refused for nearly a decade to expand Medicaid to cover thousands of young, poor women so spare me the bullshit about them caring about the unborn. They don't give two shits about a fetus or a baby or women. Every single GOP politician in the state who approved of the abortion ban and refuses to expand Medicaid should be beaten with a crowbar. And that's not hyperbole.

No, you don't. You only believe she should have that capability if she can afford to travel out-of-state and pay to stay somewhere. Or do you think poor women never get a diagnosis like this?

And to be truthful, they probably don't because while the wingnuts think all pregnancies should go full term, they don't think all pregnant women should be able to access quality prenatal care nor do they think once they're born, all children deserve proper health care.

The same purely evil Texas assholes who pushed this draconian abortion ban through have refused for nearly a decade to expand Medicaid to cover thousands of young, poor women so spare me the bullshit about them caring about the unborn. They don't give two shits about a fetus or a baby or women. Every single GOP politician in the state who approved of the abortion ban and refuses to expand Medicaid should be beaten with a crowbar. And that's not hyperbole.
They’ll be fine plenty of stairs to throw themselves down and plastic coat hangers.

“Your point” has nothing to do with the legal questions being raised here, scruffy. Just divert attention and make noise, like usual. Phuquin’ State of Texas (Legislature) ought to have its collective head examined.
I bet an “abortion referendum” like held in Kansas and Ohio would fall along the 60-40 splits in those states. Abortion restriction is NOT what the people want....it’s what a lot of white males who make laws have been told the people need. Texas is as strange a state as there is in the Union. Really a strange place.

Convenience and necessity can be semantics. The decision doesn't belong in a state legislature or a court room. It belongs with a woman and her doctor regardless of the number of weeks or other considerations.
It’s as if you didn’t read any of my other posts in this thread.

I disagree with your first sentence. However I agree with your last two.

The people that wrote the Texas law and AG Paxton have made it clear to pay snitch bounties and prosecute anyone leaving the state to terminate ANY pregnancy.

It’s as if you didn’t read any of my other posts in this thread.

I disagree with your first sentence. However I agree with your last two.

If a mother considers her conditions is serious, the lines can be blurred. I'm aware you say you are not opposed to a woman's right to choose, although I am suspect since you are combative on the issue.

The medical profession approaches the process of Doctor/mother relations within strict ethical standards which are private and protected. A mother has ownership of her body and shares, at her discretion with her medical care giver.

A woman is the operative here. She determines her conditions and consults with the significant people in her environment, friends, relatives, and of course, care giver. What do legislators or court members, sometimes hundreds of distant miles, and knowing nothing of the woman's situation or conditions or health have to do with anything?

Worst yet, what if they try not to find out, determined to make the arbitrary, predetermined decision!

Will they prosecute her when she returns?
I’m not sure the law actually contains a provision that would allow the state to prosecute her for out of state procedures. I think the Dallas Morning News noted that in an article yesterday. If her in state physicians had done the procedure they would have been prosecuted.

If a mother considers her conditions is serious, the lines can be blurred. I'm aware you say you are not opposed to a woman's right to choose, although I am suspect since you are combative on the issue.

The medical profession approaches the process of Doctor/mother relations within strict ethical standards which are private and protected. A mother has ownership of her body and shares, at her discretion with her medical care giver.

A woman is the operative here. She determines her conditions and consults with the significant people in her environment, friends, relatives, and of course, care giver. What do legislators or court members, sometimes hundreds of distant miles, and knowing nothing of the woman's situation or conditions or health have to do with anything?

Worst yet, what if they try not to find out, determined to make the arbitrary, predetermined decision!
I agree 100%. I’m not combative at all. My only argument was what defines convenience. I gave zero interest in arguing abortion with anyone on this board. I do not support any opposition to abortion. Good day.

I’m not sure the law actually contains a provision that would allow the state to prosecute her for out of state procedures. I think the Dallas Morning News noted that in an article yesterday. If her in state physicians had done the procedure they would have been prosecuted.
Which is completely insane.

Reactions: lucas80

So, Texas would not consider this murder when their entire rationale is abortion is murder. How do they close this circular augment without prosecuting her, regardless of how inept they were at conceptualizing laws?

It is or it isn't. Cracks in the armor. It's the absurdity in this shitty war.

Last edited:
HI, board leftist here, I've repeatedly posted that gerrymandering should be eliminated. It pushes the center away from relevance, and does not produce good governance. The awful truth for you is that if a nationwide system of blind redistricting was established your party would be the minority party, and you would be forced to win on ideas.

Last edited:
HI, board leftist here, I've repeatedly posted that gerrymandering should be eliminated. It pushes the center away from relevance, and does not produce good governance. The awful truth for you is that if a nationwide system of blind redistricting was established your party would be the minority party, and you would be forced to win on ideas.

Shhhh! I don't think the Right has realized if gerrymandering is eliminated, they are doomed.

This is reprehensible.

The Texas attorney general, Ken Paxton, threatened legal action if the abortion takes place. In a letter addressed to the hospitals involved with Cox’s care, Paxton said that Cox’s doctor did not meet “all of the elements necessary to fall within an exception to Texas’ abortion laws” and that the judge was “not medically qualified to make this determination.”

Paxton said the judge’s order would not excuse the hospital or doctor from civil or criminal liability “including first degree felony prosecutions.” He added that the temporary restraining order “will expire long before the statute of limitations for violating Texas’ abortion laws expires.”
Ken is hunting trans kids, too. Lots of room for crossover in hunting trans kids, their families and friends, and medical care providers, and hunting down women who seek reproductive care across state lines.

Ken is hunting trans kids, too. Lots of room for crossover in hunting trans kids, their families and friends, and medical care providers, and hunting down women who seek reproductive care across state lines.
Im guessing the mouth breathers that screamed “HIPAA” during covid have no problem with this

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT