ADVERTISEMENT

Texas woman asks judge to let her terminate pregnancy after lethal fetal diagnosis

I didn’t read the article but why not quietly go somewhere that would allow the procedure to take place? Why is it something that needs to be in the public square?
It’s simply no one else’s business.

This can't be a real take. You're typically pretty reasonable on the abortion topic. You really can't think of any reasons how it may be difficult to go elsewhere to get the procedure?

God forbid she not be able to get an abortion within a 30 minute drive. Wouldn't want her to have a panic attack driving an hour and a half or anything, my goodness.. her emotions and all that
Big Brother Popcorn GIF by Pop TV

Most abortions are not for convenience. Thanks for sharing.
I am 100% pro choice. As in no govt restrictions and the decision should be made between a woman and her doctor.

But your statement is false.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/reasons-for-abortion-906589

Reasons for Abortions%
Not financially prepared40%
Not a good time36%
Issues with partner31%
Need to focus on other children29%
Interferes with future plans20%
Not emotionally or mentally prepared19%
Health issue12%
Unable to provide a “good” life12%
Not independent or mature enough7%
Influence from family or friends5%
Don’t want children3%

• Love
Reactions: BrianNole777
I am 100% pro choice. As in no govt restrictions and the decision should be made between a woman and her doctor.

Reasons for Abortions%
Not a good time36%
Issues with partner31%
Health issue12%
Don’t want children3%

That looks like 10-20% "convenience" to me.

Hell, just 40% financial (unable to care for the kid), health issue and focus on other children constitute >50%, bro.

Reasons for Abortions%
Not a good time36%
Issues with partner31%
Health issue12%
Don’t want children3%
I missed where convenience is on that list.

That looks like 10-20% "convenience" to me.

Hell, just 40% financial (unable to care for the kid), health issue and focus on other children constitute >50%, bro.
You and I have a different definition of convenience. Agree to disagree as I have no desire to engage with you today.

I missed where convenience is on that list.
There are perhaps 2 or so of the categories (10-20%) that fit "convenience".

Financial limitations are not one of them. And I've NEVER seen the GOP step up and create a fund for pregnant women - intervene at a clinic and offer them 100% medical coverage AND loss of income coverage to carry a baby to term.

Until and unless those idiots do that, they can STFU.

There are perhaps 2 or so of the categories (10-20%) that fit "convenience".

Financial limitations are not one of them. And I've NEVER seen the GOP step up and create a fund for pregnant women - intervene at a clinic and offer them 100% medical coverage AND loss of income coverage to carry a baby to term.

Until and unless those idiots do that, they can STFU.
I know what you are saying. I'm just pointing out that none of the women interviewed said "convenience" was the reason for their abortion. I didn't appreciate Hawkeye Shawn claiming to be 100% pro choice but not missing out on an opportunity to be extra judgmental about his "support"

You have zero empathy for people who may not live as comfortable a lifestyle as yourself.

I do not see the GOP lining up to pay the $25-30k to prevent someone who cannot afford a pregnancy from getting an abortion. Until you and the GOP do that, I'd STFU, really.
I don’t have much empathy for those that make choices which may negatively affect their lives, when an alternative choice is available to them. Can’t afford a baby, maybe don’t let the dude insert his penis into your vagina. Not mentally ready, double wrap it up.

Just because I don’t have empathy for that….i still do not believe the government belongs in this decision. It should be between the woman and the doctor. I. Am. Pro Choice.

GFY Joe.

I don’t have much empathy for those that make choices which may negatively affect their lives, when an alternative choice is available to them. Can’t afford a baby, maybe don’t let the dude insert his penis into your vagina. Not mentally ready, double wrap it up.

Just because I don’t have empathy for that….i still do not believe the government belongs in this decision. It should be between the woman and the doctor. I. Am. Pro Choice.

GFY Joe.
So you support the choice but you aren't going to miss out on a chance to judge and shame while you "support"?

GFY Shawn

GFY Joe.
Life can be complicated. What if u and your partner feel ready. And then once the miracle happens. The partner bolts for another state.

Reactions: HawkMD
IMO, all but 3 categories. I’ll let you figure out which 3. It’s ok to disagree. I’m not looking for a fight.
And some of those categories might be misunderstood. They all seem kinda broad and open to interpretation depending on your experiences.

Life can be complicated. What if u and your partner feel ready. And then once the miracle happens. The partner bolts for another state.
That sounds like convenience to me. Yeah if the dude that knocks you up bolts, that absolutely sucks and is probably one of the most common reasons for abortions AND children being born without a father’s support. It would absolutely suck. But it still falls under MY definition of convenience.

Convenience: a quality or situation that makes something easy or useful for someone by reducing the amount of work or time required to do something.

An abortion would most certainly make life easier for the woman in your scenario.

I will restate my position. I’m pro-choice. Have as many abortions as you want for convenience. I’m all for it. If my 16yo son knocks up his 16yo gf, I am perfectly fine if the decision was made to abort. I am also perfectly fine if they decided to keep it and we would help raise it. But most definitely the decision to abort would be made out of convenience in the above scenario.

That sounds like convenience to me. Yeah if the dude that knocks you up bolts, that absolutely sucks and is probably one of the most common reasons for abortions AND children being born without a father’s support. It would absolutely suck. But it still falls under MY definition of convenience.

Convenience: a quality or situation that makes something easy or useful for someone by reducing the amount of work or time required to do something.

An abortion would most certainly make life easier for the woman in your scenario.

I will restate my position. I’m pro-choice. Have as many abortions as you want for convenience. I’m all for it. If my 16yo son knocks up his 16yo gf, I am perfectly fine if the decision was made to abort. I am also perfectly fine if they decided to keep it and we would help raise it. But most definitely the decision to abort would be made out of convenience in the above scenario.
the naked gun facepalm GIF

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I don’t have much empathy for those that make choices which may negatively affect their lives

Some of them don't "choose" to have a fetus that is deformed and doomed to die.

And they would rather have the ability to focus on their other kids or career, than have to carry something to term that won't survive, anyway. So they can mourn and move on with their lives.

It's not your decision, so stay out of it, and vote against the people who refuse to stay out of it.

I don’t have much empathy for those that make choices which may negatively affect their lives, when an alternative choice is available to them.
You really don't have a clue "what alternatives are available to them".

You PRESUME those things.

Well someone taking your stance can argue that an incest aborting a fetus due to rape/incest is of convenience. Or if the fetus is in the womb of a crackhead.

Some of them don't "choose" to have a fetus that is deformed and doomed to die.

And they would rather have the ability to focus on their other kids or career, than have to carry something to term that won't survive, anyway. So they can mourn and move on with their lives.

It's not your decision, so stay out of it, and vote against the people who refuse to stay out of it.
I’ve voted mostly democrat for the past 10+ years. Only voted R in some local elections.

I do stay out of the decision for others Joe. But I’m still free to think what I want. That doesn’t mean I’m out there in any way shape of form trying to influence someone else’s decision.

So you support the choice but you aren't going to miss out on a chance to judge and shame while you "support"?

GFY Shawn
Judgment free in your life birch? Pretty sure there are a lot of us out there judging people every day. See it on here from freaking everyone.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Same Moran Republicans pushing these positions here:

• OMG - These women should not be aborting babies! Financial issues are 'convenience'!
  • OMG - Why do all these welfare Moms have so many babies when they cannot support them! I will NOT vote for more welfare for these freeloaders!!!
Not going to get an argument out of me. I don’t feel the same way nor vote the same way. I’m not going to lie, I used to feel and vote that way. I’ve become a much better human as I’ve aged.

This is exactly a situation where a couple absolutely wanted a child and got pregnant on purpose. The fetus has a lethal condition. Not exactly an outcome they’d have predicted.
And that is very unfortunate, Idont disagree. She will unfortunately have to take a day or two off work to have the procedure done. Why would this be an unexpected end result?

Why anyone attempts to engage in an actual discussion with scruddy is beyond me. There's not a rational thought that goes through his mind.
Mad because she can drive to a medical center, have the procedure, and be home in less than 48 hours?

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT