ADVERTISEMENT

Texas's Chris Beard arrested on Felony Assault

I'm not pointing the finger at anyone. They both need to consider whether this relationship is healthy or not. BTW, I've read that Beard claims to have an audio recording of the incident proving he wasn't the aggressor.
The arrest report states that. The arrest report also states that Beard refused to turn over the recording. My guess is that even if it showed him to not be the aggressor, it would show him to be engaging in behavior that would immediately make him fired and Texas not have to pay any of his remaining salary.

Reactions: perryhawk
Well most people don't make jokes about attacking women but if you think it's appropriate here go ahead. Don't want to censor anybody. Have at it.
Yeah I specifically remember stating I think the joke was appropriate........Oh wait never mind I never once said or even implied it as a matter of fact I did the opposite but go ahead and misrepresent my entire point.

Yeah I specifically remember stating I think the joke was appropriate........Oh wait never mind I never once said or even implied it as a matter of fact I did the opposite but go ahead and misrepresent my entire point.
No problem.

The alleged complainant wants him released without being charged. I'd bet on some anger management classes and life goes on with the warning that it had better not happen again. He's at the height of a very successful, but stressful career. If it's a woman who is able to push his buttons to this extent, as painful as it might be, he has to extricate himself from that relationship.
Stress is living paycheck to paycheck. If he has half a brain, he is already set for life, financially. Worst case scenario for coaches nowadays is to accept a nice buyout for failing.

This is a sad situation, but not an uncommon response by a victim of DV…..her statement “Chris and I” implies that they are cohabiting again. In Iowa a protective order is issued prohibiting any contact between the parties (issued before his release from jail)…but that order can be overcome with the victim’s involvement.

Now the prosecution will depend on things like 911 recordings, body camera recordings, pictures of injuries, etc….. and the prosecution’s willingness to proceed with an uncooperative victim and most likely facing some high end defense attorneys.

Hmmmmmm.

Texas plays at ISU next month.
ISU hates Texas, just on principle.
ISU hates Texas for leaving the Big XII.
Texas is ranked.
The starting point guard for Texas started for ISU last year.
The Texas coach is involved in a domestic abuse accusation.

Thank God the fans at Hilton are well-behaved, rational adults. Otherwise, this could be a nasty night for the teasips.

What he intended to happen doesn't matter. The plea for prayers at the end seems like a coldly calculated choice.
Pretty much from the beginning I've thought that this goes away from a legal standpoint. The question is will UT do an in depth review, and will they be willing to fire Beard absent charges?
No way UT can keep Beard. Her statement would seem to be an attempt to give him some leverage in buyout negotiations.

If he was just protecting himself he still screwed up. Was engaged to a bipolar alcy who was arrested for domestic violence on me althoughit was the neighbor who called. Men can be on the receiving end too. But if he laid hands on her i hope they throw the book at him but we'll see. Also protecting yourself means run for a room and lock the door or risk being stabbed twice like i did. Also got punched repeatedly, smashes wuth dishes, pictures, kicked, slapped, and everything between. But never use self defense besides running away. Only safe way to handle that.

As a general rule, if the joke is hurtful to certain people or groups, it is not appropriate to tell it in a public forum.
No, it literally is impossible to tell a single joke without potentially offending at least one person. Do you believe all people are reasonable? Because if they aren't then they can easily be offended by completely inoffensive jokes. Is it then reasonable to censor other people based off someone else's unreasonableness? By the way do you really believe what you wrote? I'm betting that if the jokes told offended certain people you deem bad you wouldn't mind it nearly as much. No more abortion jokes, pro gay jokes, political jokes, religious jokes, any dad jokes. I mean what's white on the outside and green on the inside? A frog sandwich. Well now Peta is offended. I shouldn't tell that joke.

No, it literally is impossible to tell a single joke without potentially offending at least one person. Do you believe all people are reasonable? Because if they aren't then they can easily be offended by completely inoffensive jokes. Is it then reasonable to censor other people based off someone else's unreasonableness? By the way do you really believe what you wrote? I'm betting that if the jokes told offended certain people you deem bad you wouldn't mind it nearly as much. No more abortion jokes, pro gay jokes, political jokes, religious jokes, any dad jokes. I mean what's white on the outside and green on the inside? A frog sandwich. Well now Peta is offended. I shouldn't tell that joke.
I enjoy a politically incorrect joke at home just because it's wrong and funny. But best to avoid the public with those! Someone will get pissed.

Reactions: perryhawk
I enjoy a politically incorrect joke at home just because it's wrong and funny. But best to avoid the public with those! Someone will get pissed.
Who cares if they get passed? It's not our job to regulate other peoples feelings. Maybe telling your joke would bring a little happiness to someone else and by not telling them the joke out of fear some other people's emotions you deprive them of that. I mean it's unhealthy to be that wrapped up in others emotions but if you are you should think about that. BTW I have specific political beliefs and I very often laugh at jokes that attack my beliefs.

Who cares if they get passed? It's not our job to regulate other peoples feelings. Maybe telling your joke would bring a little happiness to someone else and by not telling them the joke out of fear some other people's emotions you deprive them of that. I mean it's unhealthy to be that wrapped up in others emotions but if you are you should think about that. BTW I have specific political beliefs and I very often laugh at jokes that attack my beliefs.
I do to. I'm an extreme liberal. Liberals are concerned about me, lol.

So then why don't you care about the people you are depriving of the joy of a good joke? I mean based off your own logic.
Because I'm anal like that. In front of friends but not strangers. I make myself laugh. I guess that's all i really good care about. But i do get some good laughs on here. Poop jokes and pics of wives being asked for never gets old even if I'm in my 50's.

Because I'm anal like that. In front of friends but not strangers. I make myself laugh. I guess that's all i really good care about. But i do get some good laughs on here. Poop jokes and pics of wives being asked for never gets old even if I'm in my 50's.
Well I will continue to share my humor and make people laugh even if some people get offended by it. Because it is much worse for society to lack joy than to experience either hurt or offense. Miserable people are usually not miserable because they have pain or hurt in their life because every one has those things present. Miserable people are miserable because they lack joy.

Well I will continue to share my humor and make people laugh even if some people get offended by it. Because it is much worse for society to lack joy than to experience either hurt or offense. Miserable people are usually not miserable because they have pain or hurt in their life because every one has those things present. Miserable people are miserable because they lack joy.
Excellent and i don't find you offensive lol!

Sat as a jury similar to this. If someone in Iowa calls 911 reporting an assault by husband, boyfriend ,wife, or whoever and responding police find evidence of injury. Someone will be charged either for assault. Or the victim for filing a false assualt charge.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
With cause which means they don’t have to pay him his contract.
My guess is he sues to get some of that back, and he just might get some of it. Depends on the outcome on the criminal side. It appears as if his fiance does not want to testify. But Texas is doing what it needed to do to protect itself here.

ADVERTISEMENT