ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks for Brandon Scherff

giphy.gif

Brandon is another Iowa success story as an offensive
lineman who went to the NFL. How many does that
make for Coach Ferentz?

Reactions: ChipHilton
Maybe,...but how many B1G QBs have won the SuperBowl since then?...

There are currently 3 QB's who played in the Big Ten. Two are old as dirt but still relevant and one played for one season. That is not a good track record. Brady and Breese will be gone in probably two years. That leaves Wilson and anyone else that can get a job and I don't see any starting NFL QB's in the Big right now. Maybe on OSU.

Hawkeye o-lineman the #5 pick for the Redskins. Hope he's all that.

I think Scherff is going to like DC. I've never been a resident but have visited for work several times. Great restaurants, bars, good transit system. A co-worker who lived there says housing prices are very high but I suspect Scherff will somehow find the cash.

It's a long way from his roots but if Brandon eventually wants to go back to Denison, Iowa, he will probably be able to do so without too much financial discomfort.

There are currently 3 QB's who played in the Big Ten. Two are old as dirt but still relevant and one played for one season. That is not a good track record. Brady and Breese will be gone in probably two years. That leaves Wilson and anyone else that can get a job and I don't see any starting NFL QB's in the Big right now. Maybe on OSU.
MSu QBs are holding it down for the B1G. Connor Cook may be the first QB taken next year.

14 offensive linemen who played under Coach Ferentz
at Iowa have been drafted by the NFL. Recent ones
include Gallery, Reiff, Buluga and now Brandon.
Iowa must be doing something right.

I think Scherff is going to like DC. I've never been a resident but have visited for work several times. Great restaurants, bars, good transit system. A co-worker who lived there says housing prices are very high but I suspect Scherff will somehow find the cash.

It's a long way from his roots but if Brandon eventually wants to go back to Denison, Iowa, he will probably be able to do so without too much financial discomfort.

Well, If he doesn't like DC, Baltimore isn't far......o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT