ADVERTISEMENT

That was absolutely an egregiously terrible foul call…

The only problem is……teams like Rutgers, Purdue, Wisconsin and MSU are allowed to push, grab, hand check, bump, etc., but other teams are not. That’s not right.
Why I said it definitely benefited Rutgers. That is their game. It is not Iowa's game.

Two things can be true at once.

For example, the Hawks offense was especially craptastic tonight, which is what caused them to be behind with a few seconds left.

And

That was a horrible call given the time and how the game has been called all night. Normally I'm on the side of "call freaking fouls", which KM did...technically. However, given that the refs hadn't called anything like that, or worse, fouls all night, you don't call it there.

It was a horrid call, but it didn't cost the Hawks the game. Their play the first 39.5 minutes of the game did.
Pretty good reason why the Hawks offense was craptastic. Rutgers is a good defensive team, but the officiating made that defense incredibly tough. The last call was ridiculous, but officiating throughout the game impacted the outcome of the game.

Reactions: unclesammy
Illini fan here, that was an incompetent call. The fact that he made a similar call in the NU game shows a pattern; he should be suspended.
Absolutely. If he's not reprimanded by a supervisor the league isn't doing it's job.

The only problem is……teams like Rutgers, Purdue, Wisconsin and MSU are allowed to push, grab, hand check, bump, etc., but other teams are not. That’s not right.
I've always said that as well and to then have more fouls called is always a joke as well. The refs are biased.

Courtney Green doing IU Purdue tonight. Unbelievable how hard they come down on these guys😂

Yeah, because if you as an employer want to discipline (or even fire) an employee, you always do it immediately after one bad event, regardless of the impact on production.

JFC.

With all due respect to Hawkeye fans on this board, I'm thinking you lost
because your team scored 40 points under your PPG average. Just a hard truth
And Rutgers scored their average. NOT
The bad call kept the game from going to overtime.

Transcript of B1G Basketball Official and Courtney Green. You may want to read this transcript about the official 's version during the Rutgers/Iowa game. I'm going to comment but the B1G and college BBall in general have officiating issues. A wise Korean gentleman once told me that he never bet on games where humans intervened in the outcome of a sport. Betting on Bowling probably about the safest sport, maybe golf.

ADVERTISEMENT