ADVERTISEMENT

The Abortion Ban Backlash Is Starting to Freak Out Republicans

If you are going to make the argument that men shouldn't be involved in this discussion or have a vote in this than I will make the argument that women shouldn't have to vote on anything regarding the draft or if we go to war.

Because ultimately every man legally speaking is required to sign his name up so that if the country decides conscription is required he can be forced to join the military and go to war no matter if he wants to go or not.

Women are not required to do that.

So if men don't get a seat at the table in abortion discussions, women don't get a seat at the table when it comes to war and military issues unless they have volunteered to serve.
Last I checked, there are no laws made governing men's reproductive rights.

Your argument is weak. Apples and potatoes.

Women weren't even allowed to vote when the draft was first initiated.

Last I checked, there are no laws made governing men's reproductive rights.

Your argument is weak. Apples and potatoes.

Women weren't even allowed to vote when the draft was first initiated.

If abortion was illegal in all elective circumstances a woman would have the same reproductive rights as a man.

Actually she would still have more as the affordable care act requires insurance to cover tubal litigation and all birth control drugs but does not require it to cover vasectomies or condoms.

So even without abortion she still has more reproductive rights than a man.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
The dog finally caught the car.
Yup.

And that's why this line is so ludicrous:

But the backlash seems to have caught Republicans off guard.

I mean, it was only EVERYONE telling them that it was going to be electoral suicide. But they choose not to believe it. I have zero sympathy for their "plight" over this - or for their plight of being tied to Trump. FAFO indeed.

If abortion was illegal in all elective circumstances a woman would have the same reproductive rights as a man.

Actually she would still have more as the affordable care act requires insurance to cover tubal litigation and all birth control drugs but does not require it to cover vasectomies or condoms.

So even without abortion she still has more reproductive rights than a man.
Do you even know why Roe v Wade happened in the first place?

You obviously were not around in the '60's and '70's to see it.

Do you even know why Roe v Wade happened in the first place?

You obviously were not around in the '60's and '70's to see it.
Because a lawyer sued on behalf of a woman and enough justices ultimately agreed to overturn the abortion laws of 46 states.

Last I checked women get a vote on the draft which they are not a part of.

If men can't vote on abortion, women don't get to vote on the draft or going to war unless they have served or willingly sign up.

That would disqualify any woman who hasn't served from being president.

Or we could just say we determine these things collectively knowing that women are just as likely to be pro-life as men.
Haha. Only Kansas has let the people decide. You are such an evangelical on this issue. It has not been an issue that is being decided by the people of the state rather those that are in power of said state.

No if you get 2 doctors saying that major and potentially fatal health complications are inevitable if the pregnancy continues I'm ok with the abortion right then.

There is no reason that they should have to wait for things to go from bad to worse before acting.
That is not how most of these laws are written. Texas law allows civil suits by parties other than the patient so do you think that "2nd doctor" wants to stick their neck out. What is major and potentially fatal? Pregnant women is diagnosed with leukemia and needs to start chemo. What if she's 3rd trimester and fetus is 27 weeks (viable pregnancy). Are you forcing her to deliver?

I think DeSantis just sank himself in a general if he's the Republican nominee.

There's wiggle room as far as abortion restrictions but I think it's 12-15 weeks....basically the European standard.

6 weeks is too restrictive and probably sinks his chances. Probably helps in in the primaries but you can't walk the 6 week thing back.

Dumb move politically IMO....

There's wiggle room as far as abortion restrictions but I think it's 12-15 weeks....basically the European standard.

6 weeks is too restrictive and probably sinks his chances. Probably helps in in the primaries but you can't walk the 6 week thing back.

He is making a mistake by trying to beat Trump and not winning the national election.

He is making a mistake by trying to beat Trump and not winning the national election.
I think he could beat Trump without doing this....

Even if he calculated that he needed to do it to get the nomination...if it sinks you in a general...what's the point?

The objective is to win the general.

There are many things you can pivot to the middle on...this ain't one of them. The 6 week ban can't be pivoted on....

I think he could beat Trump without doing this....

Even if he calculated that he needed to do it to get the nomination...if it sinks you in a general...what's the point?

The objective is to win.

There are many things you can pivot to the middle on...this ain't one of them. The 6 week ban can't be pivoted on....
Agreed. He is trying to out MAGA Trump. I still don't get it. The middle has already proven that is not a good path.

Not only that. The little fiasco in Tallahassee, arresting Nikki Fried and others for peaceful protest was a dumb move. It certainly did not endear him to anyone except the MAGA folks.

Had he been gov in the '70's, FSU probably would have been a Kent State situation.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Big thing for me is that this whole abortion pill ban is setting up legal precedent for the long-term goal of the Federalist Society, and conservative generally, of banning the birth control pill, and contraception entirely.
That’s exactly what it is and don’t let them tell you different. Because if it wasn’t, they’d be supportive of sex ed and free birth control for all.

Gotta keep the women in their place.

Reactions: cigaretteman

Well, he did it very quietly...as if no one will notice.

No if you get 2 doctors saying that major and potentially fatal health complications are inevitable if the pregnancy continues I'm ok with the abortion right then.

There is no reason that they should have to wait for things to go from bad to worse before acting.
And, as everyone knows, it’s a piece of cake to get in front of not one but two doctors on a moment’s notice. No having to wait precious weeks for appointments that might suddenly make things impossible.

Get your massive government out of people’s healthcare. It’s not helping anyone but grifters get votes from rubes.

Reactions: nu2u
Haha. Only Kansas has let the people decide. You are such an evangelical on this issue. It has not been an issue that is being decided by the people of the state rather those that are in power of said state.

When those that are in power govern contrary to the will of the people they get replaced,... This will take time to sort itself out at the state level, but it will be sorted out.

Reactions: torbee
No they don't. The GOP has so gerrymandered districts in NC - and it's about to get much worse - that there is no way to vote them out. Republican voters are so unhinged, they would send Trump back to the WH tomorrow if given the chance.

Given time the voting majority will always prevail...

Like I said in the beginning it may have been better politically to simply limit abortions to the first trimester. That would have gone over better politically.

Like I said in the beginning it may have been better politically to simply limit abortions to the first trimester. That would have gone over better politically.

I predict that that's about where it lands for the majority of states...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT