ADVERTISEMENT

The Abortion Ban Backlash Is Starting to Freak Out Republicans

When those that are in power govern contrary to the will of the people they get replaced,... This will take time to sort itself out at the state level, but it will be sorted out.
Penna has proved that with the dems now in control of the state, Michigan also.

A hard lesson learned in NC this past week.

North Carolina Republicans gained a veto-proof supermajority in the state House after a Charlotte-area Democrat announced Wednesday she was switching parties.

State Rep. Tricia Cotham, who won as a Democrat in her blue district last fall by nearly 20 points, said at a news conference in Raleigh that “the modern-day Democratic Party has become unrecognizable to me.”

“I am no longer a Democrat, but I remain a public servant, that is what I am called to do. The party that represents me and my principles and what is best for North Carolina is the Republican Party,” Cotham, wearing a red dress and surrounded by her new Republican colleagues, said outside the state GOP headquarters in Raleigh.

This shithole won her district by twenty f'n points six months ago and NOW says the modern-day party has become unrecognizable. So six months ago was the good old days????

If that's true, she should RESIGN and allow her district to have someone who will represent THEM. What they will do now is carve up her district to dilute those votes and there's nothing to stop them since they gained control of the SC. I really hate the GOP

North Carolina lawmaker Tricia Cotham switches to GOP, votes to ban abortion

• Angry
Reactions: cigaretteman
North Carolina lawmakerTricia Cotham switches to GOP, votes to ban abortion

Elected from a district that regularly votes 60% Dem. And now the GOP will rip that district apart and parcel those voters out to heavily rural districts to prevent them from electing a representative who shares their values. That pile of shit Cotham campaigned on supporting abortion rights and flipped as soon as she was seated.

Tell me you're a Republican and I'll call you horseshit to your face. There isn't a moral, honorable one left. They are, to a person, despicable human beings.

GOP: Party of Rapists and Sexual Abusers, who want to be able to kill their victim if she miscarries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT