ADVERTISEMENT

The absolute f*cking best: People who’ve had loans forgiven crying about student loan forgiveness and getting caught…

“Everyone’s a Republican until it happens to them.” - my parents

Parkersburg tornado was the end of my libertarianism. It was only like 6 months before that where I caucused for Ron Paul. Got on the Ron Paul train because I was sick of my cousins going to Iraq and Afghanistan, but couldn't bring that up at the caucus in my small town or people would think I was a pussy. Instead, when nobody at the caucus spoke up for Ron Paul, I decided I would try to lecture a room full of adults with mortgages about inflation. I'm embarrassed to this day of that moment.

Ben Shapiro in the tweet is an L.A. real estate agent not the political commentator.

Ben Shapiro co-owner of the Daily Wire who's wife is a doctor has a net worth of about 50 million dollars. Dude probably doesn't need a $20,000 ppp loan.

Yeah, Vern Buchanan is the 6th wealthiest member of Congress, worth about $160 million. He probably didn't need a $3 million of free PPP money, but he damn sure was not going to pass on it.

He forgot to list all the Ds. Ron Wyden’s wife got $2.7m for example. They all should have to pay it back, especially Congress.
Over Your Head Dodge GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz

A few things
1) PPP was passed by the Democrat controlled House 388-5. To use PPP as a “own” v Republicans is quite idiotic.

2) I’ve pointed out how big of a boondoggle PPP is and even created a thread about it…it was a very popular bipartisan boondoggle and was quite popular at the time it was passed.

3. PPP loan forgiveness was built into the program

4. Comparing PPP that had massive bipartisan support and went through the proper legislative process and Bidens loan forgiveness that skipped the legislative process and was done by EO is ridiculous.

5. People taking student loans knew very well they were required to pay them back. Well until the administration decided to flaunt the constitution and and use the “Hero’s act” that was enacted post 9/11 to circumvent the constitution.

Amazing stuff….maybe Democracy is in peril if we have an executive branch brazenly sneering it’s nose at the constitution to buy some votes in November.

A few things
1) PPP was passed by the Democrat controlled House 388-5. To use PPP as a “own” v Republicans is quite idiotic.

2) I’ve pointed out how big of a boondoggle PPP is and even created a thread about it…it was a very popular bipartisan boondoggle and was quite popular at the time it was passed.

3. PPP loan forgiveness was built into the program

4. Comparing PPP that had massive bipartisan support and went through the proper legislative process and Bidens loan forgiveness that skipped the legislative process and was done by EO is ridiculous.

5. People taking student loans knew very well they were required to pay them back. Well until the administration decided to flaunt the constitution and and use the “Hero’s act” that was enacted post 9/11 to circumvent the constitution.

Amazing stuff….maybe Democracy is in peril if we have an executive branch brazenly sneering it’s nose at the constitution to buy some votes in November.

You can't have missed the point this bad, could you?

You can't have missed the point this bad, could you?
Nope.

Seems some of you have.

Power of the purse belongs to the legislature.

Take it from the Chairman of the House budget committee if not me.,,

First paragraph…powerful stuff

Nope.

Seems some of you have.

Power of the purse belongs to the legislature.

Take it from the Chairman of the House budget committee if not me.,,

First paragraph…powerful stuff

So you did. I mean that takes a special kind of slow and oblivious.

To sit there and talk about procedure and how many votes ppp got when nobody sid jack crap about any of that and everyone else is talking about the fact elected officials and notable conservatives are whining about not paying back loans while they also didn't pay back loans...well that's just amazing.

So you did. I mean that takes a special kind of slow and oblivious.

To sit there and talk about procedure when everyone else is talking about the fact elected officials and notable conservatives are whining about not paying back loans while they also didn't pay back loans...well that's just amazing.
Loans that weren’t intended to be paid back in an act passed by congress. With massive Democratic Party support.

If you can point to where student loans weren’t intended to be paid back I’m willing to listen.

I wouldn’t be making this argument if this loan forgiveness had originated in congress and not Executive fiat…

As Chairman Yarmouth stated…

The constitution gave the power of the purse to congress. The founders believed that this separation of powers would protect against monarchy and provide an important check on the executive branch.

Bread and circuses….

Loans that weren’t intended to be paid back in an act passed by congress. With massive Democratic Party support.

If you can point to where student loans weren’t intended to be paid back I’m willing to listen.

I wouldn’t be making this argument if this loan forgiveness had originated in congress and not Executive fiat…

The constitution gave the power of the purse to congress. The founders believed that this separation of powers would protect against monarchy and provide an important check on the executive branch.

Bread and circuses….
Nope still haven't found that point. But hey you'll get there eventually.

Riiight. So now people are in favor of PPP loans?

And stop calling it student loan forgiveness. It's a debt transfer from someone who CHOSE to take out a loan.

An individual earning 124.9k or a family earning 249.9k is CLEARLY is too poor to pay off their loans.
Can we get an English version please?

Bread and circuses….
You're not even missing the point now, you're rambling incoherently on some other topic.

You're not even missing the point now, you're rambling incoherently on some other topic.
It’s actually the topic. The power of the purse lies in Congress…not the executive. It’s a core tenant of the constitution and our democracy. A vital check on the power of the executive branch…

The administration didn’t even go through the motions and try to go through Congress…went with an EO.

Not surprised you missed the point.

It’s actually the topic. The power of the purse lies in Congress…not the executive. It’s a core tenant of the constitution and our democracy. A vital check on the power of the executive branch…

The administration didn’t even go through the motions and tried to go through Congress…went with an EO.

Not surprised you missed the point.
LOL. You just made my point for me. What the hell does any of this have to do with politicians who had government loans forgiven for themselves then bitching about government loans getting forgiven for regular joe schmoes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT